• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discrimination based on Race is still A-OK, but don't you pass an RFRA...

To say that the marginalized shouldn't organize is simply blaming the victim.

"Maybe she shouldn't have been wearing those yoga pants."

Actually, what I said was that in order to make this a post racial nation (where color is irrelevant), we not to stop separating by color. What would be nice is if our governmental leaders knew that as well. They intentionally separated themselves by color. That sends a message that it's okay to separate by color.

That's interesting. He wasn't a Congressman until 2007. :lol:

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in the Memphis district. "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in. You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African-American."

Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. ... It's time to move on," the younger Clay said. "It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."

You can read more here, including how white Rep Peter Stark (D-CA) was rejected in 1975.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed - Josephine Hearn - POLITICO.com

Actually, what I said was that in order to make this a post racial nation (where color is irrelevant), we not to stop separating by color. What would be nice is if our governmental leaders knew that as well. They intentionally separated themselves by color. That sends a message that it's okay to separate by color.

When color is irrelevant, so will the CBC.

Who do they feel they are superior to?
I am NOT wasting my time with a semantic fight with a troll. Racism encompasses more then just "We are better than".

Who do they feel they are superior to?

White Congressional reps, apparently.

Question - if someone never says "I don't like (insert group here) because whites are superior", yet that person choses to disassociate himself with (insert group here), would you say he isn't racist?

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in the Memphis district. "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in. You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African-American."

Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. ... It's time to move on," the younger Clay said. "It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."

You can read more here, including how white Rep Peter Stark (D-CA) was rejected in 1975.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed - Josephine Hearn - POLITICO.com

And he agreed. I'm glad it wasn't just some political stunt to make them look racist.

So you think that the lawmakers should continue to make color relevant. Got it.

They don't have that kind of power. Color is relevant whether or not the CBC exists. White men joining makes as much sense as men explaining to women what child birth is like.

They don't have that kind of power. Color is relevant whether or not the CBC exists. White men joining makes as much sense as men explaining to women what child birth is like.

Yes, my white husband is so much more powerful than the black Congressmen and Senators, Thor. Thanks for the reminder.

My obstetrician was a male. He was perfectly qualified to explain child birth to me.

But you're right, the Congressional reps have no power to lead by example. None at all.

I don't know if you're serious or making troll posts, but either way, have a good Thursday.

"Black Guys Can't Play Hockey" actually sounds like it would be a box office hit. cast some black comedians, put them on skates, and let them do their thing. America would eat that **** up.

When I was a kid I loved the movie cool runnings.

So what? Ted Cruz looks and acts white and he is Canadian, so cant get more white than that.. no offence Canadians! Also the chance of him winning in a general election is slim to non considering the basic mistakes he is already doing. Got to love him trying to repeal laws that are not even laws... /clap.

Marco Rubio.. yes, the Cuban American who managed to piss of the Cuban American community by claiming he was a refugee... brilliant choice!

Ben Carson.. who? Another token black dude in the GOP, just like Michael Steele up to and after the Obama win?

Keep being in denial about the GOP white man problem....

Another lefty who is the true arbiter of authentic ethnicity.

Cruz and Rubio aren't authentic because they "act white", at best they are merely "white hispanics", like zimmerman.

And Carson isn't really black because hes a conservative.

Not a speck of racism here. :doh

Yes, my white husband is so much more powerful than the black Congressmen and Senators, Thor. Thanks for the reminder.

My obstetrician was a male. He was perfectly qualified to explain child birth to me.

But you're right, the Congressional reps have no power to lead by example. None at all.

I don't know if you're serious or making troll posts, but either way, have a good Thursday.

I can't tell if you are serious either. Did you really just use your husband in a comparison to a Congressman. Anecdotal evidence is bunk.

I'm sure your gynecologist has experienced the pain of childbirth. I read a book about torture so now I know exactly the pain that John McCain went through. :roll:

Tell me how sexist this is:

The Women's Caucus - Women's Policy, Inc.

Are you just as upset about the sexist Women's Caucus?

I didn't claim to be upset. Why don't I rephrase you question?

"do you think it is wrong/possible for women to be sexist?"

Yes.

Sexism/racism...it isn't unique to a group. The idea that it is...well that is just politics being used to exploit a bunch of morons.

Another lefty who is the true arbiter of authentic ethnicity.

Cruz and Rubio aren't authentic because they "act white", at best they are merely "white hispanics", like zimmerman.

No all 3 are morons and their actions show so. So are you saying that their idiotic actions are representative of the Hispanic community? That lying is a Hispanic trait?

And Carson isn't really black because hes a conservative.

Oh no he is black, and that his problem and the fact that you are in denial over this, exposes yet again the problem. The core of the GOP wont vote for a black man, they have made this very clear time and time again. How many votes did Herman Cain get? He was by far the superior business candidate after all... wonder what held him back.

I can't tell if you are serious either. Did you really just use your husband in a comparison to a Congressman. Anecdotal evidence is bunk.

I'm sure your gynecologist has experienced the pain of childbirth. I read a book about torture so now I know exactly the pain that John McCain went through. :roll:

Tell me how sexist this is:

The Women's Caucus - Women's Policy, Inc.

I have no idea how sexist it is. You'd have to ask them. But I didn't realize we were trying to make it so that nobody sees male and female when they look at humans. I do believe there's been an ongoing effort to make it so that people look at each other and don't see color. Or are the politicians just funnin' with us when they say that?

My husband is a white man. According to you, he has power that they don't have.

So nobody is allowed to weigh in on something unless they themselves have experienced it? Please go to the abortion forum and tell that to the men posting in there. Actually, by your logic, anyone who posts here on anything having to do with a President, Vice President, Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc. shouldn't be doing it, unless the poster has actually done the job.

No all 3 are morons and their actions show so. So are you saying that their idiotic actions are representative of the Hispanic community? That lying is a Hispanic trait?

Oh no he is black, and that his problem and the fact that you are in denial over this, exposes yet again the problem. The core of the GOP wont vote for a black man, they have made this very clear time and time again. How many votes did Herman Cain get? He was by far the superior business candidate after all... wonder what held him back.

Herman Cain dropped out a month before the primaries started which is why he didn't get any votes. He was winning straw votes and polls all over the country before he dropped out in December of 2011. Why do partisans insist on making things up to try to make a case that isn't a case at all?

I have no idea how sexist it is. You'd have to ask them. But I didn't realize we were trying to make it so that nobody sees male and female when they look at humans. I do believe there's been an ongoing effort to make it so that people look at each other and don't see color. Or are the politicians just funnin' with us when they say that?

It's not about "seeing color/gender". It's about equality. Equal treatment.

My husband is a white man. According to you, he has power that they don't have.

I am a white man. People perceive me in a way that is advantageous to me versus a black man. Whether it be police, judges, juries, teachers, etc., the power of perception matters.

So nobody is allowed to weigh in on something unless they themselves have experienced it? Please go to the abortion forum and tell that to the men posting in there. Actually, by your logic, anyone who posts here on anything having to do with a President, Vice President, Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc. shouldn't be doing it, unless the poster has actually done the job.

If it's the ex-President's Caucus, then no, it's not for you to to join and be a part of. You are free to discuss it here and elsewhere. You just won't have that caucus as an audience or taking part in that discussion. This thread is about not being able to join the Black Caucus. It isn't about people here discussing the Black Caucus issues.

And for your information, I have gone into the abortion forum and said it's ridiculous for men to be arguing abortion.

Why should men care about effectively reducing abortion rates?

Sounds like your typical GOP propaganda to me. All those poors are trying to take whats yours. They're worse than you, lazy, stupid, easily manipulated! And they're after you! They want to destroy your way of life! Attack the institution of marriage! War on Christmas! War on Christianity! They're being intolerant of your intolerance! Vote GOP, we'll stop them.

Sound about right?

Not in my world! It’s more like the political class called the left or democrats like Al Sharpton or Rachael Maddow preaching the leftist gospel of propaganda of how whitie or the rich are raping the blacks and the poor and getting all of the goodies while the black and poor “victims” suffer because the GOP makes the laws to make the rich, rich and keep the poor, poor and the black, black and victims.

Back
Top Bottom