• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discovery Channel gunman mad over global warming

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
MARYLAND - An update on Wednesday's hostage situation near DC. After a night searching for explosives the all clear's been given at the Discovery Channel building in Maryland.

0=0==0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0==0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

The gunman was reportedly angry over the Discovery Channel's lack of programming on global warming.

Lee said he experienced an ''awakening" when he watched former Vice President Al Gore's documentary ''An Inconvenient Truth."
Discovery Channel gunman mad over global warming | KETK

I wonder id algore will be blamed for this now?

He shouldn't. It is not Gore's fault this dude took Gore's message and took it way to far.

He shouldn't. It is not Gore's fault this dude took Gore's message and took it way to far.

Bull****.

Clinton blamed Limbaugh for McViegh, yet McVeigh never claimed to be inspired by Rush. This guy WAS inspired by algore, the victims of this crime should sue him.

Bull****.

Clinton blamed Limbaugh for McViegh, yet McVeigh never claimed to be inspired by Rush. This guy WAS inspired by algore, the victims of this crime should sue him.

What we need is a lot more over the top hysteria and rhetoric. Thank you for taking care of that need.

Bull****.

Gore in his movie didn't say go to Discovery and give them a stupid list of things they can't possibly do to stop global warming. This dude was clearly a nut who took Gore's message way to far. You can't hold Gore accountable for a nut doing something stupid.

What we need is a lot more over the top hysteria and rhetoric. Thank you for taking care of that need.

I'm sorry did someone call for a hyperpartisan to post? I guess so, cause here you are.

I think the point is to expose hypocrisy, not blame Gore. The media and many liberal commentators blame violence on Rush, Palin, and Beck. They have no evidence of this, but they claim that their message incites people to violence. Here you have a violent eco-terrorist who says he was influenced by Al Gore's film. Should the media be consistent, especially given proof, and say Gore incites violence with his movie/message? If it's foolish to blame Gore (which it is), it's equally foolish (if not more so) to attribute violence or say many right wing commentators encourage violence.

It's not Gore's fault. Just like it wasn't Beck's fault that a crazy guy started shooting people with an assault rifle under the premise of "killing the evil progressives".

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand is, if this guy was mad at global warming... Why the discovery channel?

Don't they support the view of GW?

I mean this is the equivelent of stupidity of being mad at Obama and attacking fox news...

Shows how disturbed the fella was.

Thanks, MrV! Now I get to blame Glenn Beck for that dude who started shooting at cops a while back. When will Glenn Beck take responsibility for this horrible event?

Bull****.

I agree. Let's blame this on Al Gore. By your logic then we can blame every gun nut on you and refer every victim of gun nuttery to you, Goobieman and Turtledude because obviously you guys are responsible for their gun nuttery as DP is your podium and it is accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Good? Great! You better start making some hard dough. I think Goobieman is a lawyer but with the number of cases you boys are going to get it's going to get expensive.

Oh no wait, that's just ****ing retarded.

Last edited:
Bull****.

Wasn't Clinton President when Waco happened? That's what put McVeigh over the edge.

And everyone blamed Beck for a guys murder that turned out to be suicide.

I think they blamed beck or the tea party for the guy who flew into the IRS building.

I think they blamed beck or the tea party for the guy who flew into the IRS building.

You know... I don't actually remember anyone doing that.

Can you prove it from a quote from a member or mainstream source?

Gore in his movie didn't say go to Discovery and give them a stupid list of things they can't possibly do to stop global warming. This dude was clearly a nut who took Gore's message way to far. You can't hold Gore accountable for a nut doing something stupid.

Thanks, MrV! Now I get to blame Glenn Beck for that dude who started shooting at cops a while back. When will Glenn Beck take responsibility for this horrible event?

I agree. Let's blame this on Al Gore. By your logic then we can blame every gun nut on you and refer every victim of gun nuttery to you, Goobieman and Turtledude because obviously you guys are responsible for their gun nuttery as DP is your podium and it is accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Good? Great! You better start making some hard dough. I think Goobieman is a lawyer but with the number of cases you boys are going to get it's going to get expensive.

Oh no wait, that's just ****ing retarded.

Whoo, missing the point is fun.

It's not Gore's fault. Just like it wasn't Beck's fault that a crazy guy started shooting people with an assault rifle under the premise of "killing the evil progressives".

When was this?

Whoo, missing the point is fun.

There is none. MvVicchio made a strawman. Then proceeded to rant. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand is, if this guy was mad at global warming... Why the discovery channel?

It sounds even funnier when you spell it out just because its so absurd. Perhaps he hated Dirty Jobs (if thats even possible) Why not a hummer dealership?

Don't they support the view of GW?

I mean this is the equivelent of stupidity of being mad at Obama and attacking fox news...

Shows how disturbed the fella was.

Agreed. This guy was so looney he found a cause. Any cause would do.

Can we retroactively blame JK Rowling for the Salem Witch hunt? 'cause she promotes witchcraft.

You know... I don't actually remember anyone doing that.

Can you prove it from a quote from a member or mainstream source?

I'll try. I know MSNBCS Maddow did for sure, probably the other ones on there to.
They blamed the right because they are anti-government(not) but that's what they say.

It sounds even funnier when you spell it out just because its so absurd. Perhaps he hated Dirty Jobs (if thats even possible) Why not a hummer dealership?

Agreed. This guy was so looney he found a cause. Any cause would do.

It's even more absurd than that. He hates Kate plus Eight because it's too many kids. Carbon foot prints ya know. The guy didn't like discovery running those kinds of shows.

It's even more absurd than that. He hates Kate plus Eight because it's too many kids. Carbon foot prints ya know. The guy didn't like discovery running those kinds of shows.

As long as he stays away from Dirty Jobs we're cool ;)

Let's see....if no one calls the black congressmen "nigger" while they and Nancy Pelosi are making a mockery of the Selma Civil Rights march on their way to voting away America's health care freedom, then clearly the Tea Party people must be racist.

But if yet another certifiable left-wing lunatic runs around attempting mass murder, then clearly the Tea Party people must be racist.

Let's see....if no one calls the black congressmen "nigger" while they and Nancy Pelosi are making a mockery of the Selma Civil Rights march on their way to voting away America's health care freedom, then clearly the Tea Party people must be racist.

But if yet another certifiable left-wing lunatic runs around attempting mass murder, then clearly the Tea Party people must be racist.

What the hell are you smoking, there's only one mention of the tea party in this thread, and it's this one.

and that's not even related to what you said.

Don't worry, the point of my post is perfectly plain to the people I was posting it for. If the people wearing the blinders can't see it's application, it's because they're not seeing correctly.

Back
Top Bottom