• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disbelieve it or not, ancient history suggests that atheism is as natural to humans as religion

Nobody. It's a discussion forum. Who twisted your arm to post it?
You know the old adage...don't write a check your mouth, or in this case, you fingers can't cash...:sneaky:

You know the old adage...don't write a check your mouth, or in this case, you fingers can't cash...:sneaky:

I never write checks that I intend to cash myself. That seems to be more in your ballpark.

I never write checks that I intend to cash myself. That seems to be more in your ballpark.
lol...what does that even mean?

I figured you wouldn't get it. There's no bible verse to explain it to you.
Well, if you write a check you'd better hope there's enough money in your account to cash it...

Now you're looking for justifications for your prejudicial point of view, so there is not anything else I can say but to affirm that my own experience made a lifelong impression on me.

Without the full and verifiable details of your experience, it is just an empty claim that carries no weight on an anonymous forum. Which makes it an exceptionally weak anecdote and just as prejudicial a view as skepticism of your claim is.

Now you're looking for justifications for your prejudicial point of view, so there is not anything else I can say but to affirm that my own experience made a lifelong impression on me.
I went pretty much the same way then out again, didnt really feel forced into it so i dont hold a grudge over my parents teaching me what they honestly believe.

Atheists believe that NO God exists, correct?
No, that is not correct. Atheists are simy not convinced there is a God. A lack of belief is not a belief.

I went pretty much the same way then out again, didnt really feel forced into it so i dont hold a grudge over my parents teaching me what they honestly believe.

Did you have a personal experience with god without any prior exposure to ideas of god and religion?

Good for you. And I suppose there were no other possible outside influences? Especially in a church, right? Kids sure are impressionable.
You were with your claptrap theology.

Atheism 6.jpg

Oh ye of GREAT FAITH!!

This thread is about history and facts, not your favorite fairytale.

WRONG!

This thread is about an.............ASSUMPTION!

post #27

Anyway - I was responding to your question!
You don't remember your question?

WRONG!

This thread is about an.............ASSUMPTION!

post #27

Anyway - I was responding to your question!
You don't remember your question?

No, it is not about an assumption.

Without the full and verifiable details of your experience, it is just an empty claim that carries no weight on an anonymous forum. Which makes it an exceptionally weak anecdote and just as prejudicial a view as skepticism of your claim is.
I can't imagine why you would flatter yourself I feel the need to have your validation or approval.

Back
Top Bottom