• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disbarred NYC lawyer gets 15 months for firebombing NYPD vehicle during George Floyd unrest

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Disbarred NYC lawyer gets 15 months for firebombing NYPD vehicle during George Floyd unrest​

A now-disbarred New York City attorney was sentenced Friday to 15 months for firebombing an empty police vehicle along with another lawyer using a Molotov cocktail in the midst of violent clashes with authorities following the murder of George Floyd.

Urooj Rahman asked a judge to spare her from serving prison time and give her a "second chance," in what she described as a lapse of judgment.

"I’m so incredibly sorry for my reckless and wrong actions," Rahman said in a Brooklyn federal court, Fox New York reported. "I don’t think there’s enough words to express my sorrow and regret. ... I completely lost my way in the emotion of the night."

Article

At least they weren't trespassing, then they would have gotten some real time! They were asking for 10 years, all of a sudden only 15 months. I wonder what happened. But, they are really, really, sorry.

Disbarred NYC lawyer gets 15 months for firebombing NYPD vehicle during George Floyd unrest​

A now-disbarred New York City attorney was sentenced Friday to 15 months for firebombing an empty police vehicle along with another lawyer using a Molotov cocktail in the midst of violent clashes with authorities following the murder of George Floyd.

Urooj Rahman asked a judge to spare her from serving prison time and give her a "second chance," in what she described as a lapse of judgment.

"I’m so incredibly sorry for my reckless and wrong actions," Rahman said in a Brooklyn federal court, Fox New York reported. "I don’t think there’s enough words to express my sorrow and regret. ... I completely lost my way in the emotion of the night."

Article

At least they weren't trespassing, then they would have gotten some real time! They were asking for 10 years, all of a sudden only 15 months. I wonder what happened. But, they are really, really, sorry.

Your point is?

Fire bombing vehicles is bad, and the perpetrators are about to pay for it. Yay, the system works!
;)

Now as for the sentencing, they're both people without prior criminal records and now former lawyers, which the judge would take into account versus people with a prior convictions.

Article

I think it should have been 15 years.

And while in jail she should have been forced to write "Kaapo Kakko has a great ass" on the walls of the cell.

I think it should have been 15 years.

And while in jail she should have been forced to write "Kaapo Kakko has a great ass" on the walls of the cell.
15 years hard labor in northern Alaska! If we don't have some kind of penal colony up there, maybe it's time we start one an send people there.
;)

Then you should have PM'd him, not used the open forum.

No, he should not have PMd him. This is a message board, and Anthony is free to decide if he wants to state his point or not. You are not a moderator anyway. You don't make the rules on this board.

No, he should not have PMd him. This is a message board, and Anthony is free to decide if he wants to state his point or not. You are not a moderator anyway. You don't make the rules on this board.
Then maybe don't complain when someone else answers your query?

And neither do you. And if a post is made in this open forum, I will feel free to respond, no matter if it chaps his, or your, ass. And it was Fizz, not Anthony, I was responding to. I liked Anthony's post just fine.

We’ll comment when we see a headline like this:

”Disbarred attorneys get sentenced for seditious conspiracy”.

Article

I assume the new Congress will be holding hearing about this also as they will 1/6.

LOL

And neither do you. And if a post is made in this open forum, I will feel free to respond, no matter if it chaps his, or your, ass. And it was Fizz, not Anthony, I was responding to. I liked Anthony's post just fine.

You didn't respond to the topic. You posted something stupid to another poster. Let Anthony handle his own responses. He's smart enough to do it and doesn't need your ignorant input.

What in the hell does your post mean?
It means that you took the time to admonish someone for answering in a thread, to someone else AFTER the person that was answered complained that they typed a query to the OP.

You quoted it to admonish the person answering but I see you didn't admonish the person complaining they got answered.

You didn't respond to the topic. You posted something stupid to another poster. Let Anthony handle his own responses. He's smart enough to do it and doesn't need your ignorant input.
Haha!

I guess the questions AND responses do need to go to PM's then!

It means that you took the time to admonish someone for answering in a thread, to someone else AFTER the person that was answered complained that they typed a query to the OP.

You quoted it to admonish the person answering but I see you didn't admonish the person complaining they got answered.

How long did it take you to type this derp?

Back
Top Bottom