• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disabled Vet Stops To Assist Colin Powell

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Even a legend can use just a little assist typically.On Wednesday, retired four-star Military Gen. Colin Powell, 81, skilled a flat tire within the Washington, D.C., space when Anthony Maggert, who has a synthetic leg resulting from an harm suffered in Afghanistan, pulled over to assist.

Just a great story. I really don't think this will end in shouting match here but I may be wrong.

Colin-Powell-Vet[1].jpg

https://dvdclip.com/disabled-vet-stops-to-help-stranded-motorist-turns-out-to-be-colin-powell/

I saw this story on the evening news. A great story that shows there are good people
willing to help when needed.

General Powell wrote:

"You touched my soul and reminded me about what this country is all about and why it is so great. Let's stop screaming at each other. Let's just take care of each other. You made my day." :2usflag:

Just an FYI about the Capital Beltway where Gen Powell broke down. It's a crazy road to drive on.
Lots of traffic, very busy, and fast speeds. Anthony Maggert deserves all the praise he got.
That is a dangerous road to have a flat tire on.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Back
Top Bottom