• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disable Vet Harassed By Police Because of Service Dog

Whoa there. The standards are chosen for the larger group, those who wish exemption from those standards for some condition beyond their control shouldn't be talking fairness when given said exemption. Everyone has a bad day now and again, some folks have lots of them - should there be a bad day exemption? Everyone is different where it comes to mental acuity and it exists in a large range. Should we get more time on a test because we're not at the top of that range? How far do you want to take that?

You're giving me false equivalences. While I sympathize with someone being blue one day, that is not a disability. While I agree everyone is different, it is not a disability. While I like to try to aspire to join you neurotypical folks in your modest homes, competitive employment, what you describe is not a disability. While I appreciate being able to educate folks on what it is like to have a disability, I can speak for many of us when I say we do not like being equated to cheaters, the lazy, and the inefficient.

Languages other than my native tongue are sweat inducing and near impossible for me, should I be graded on the standards everyone else must meet for passing German language 101 or graded solely upon my effort?

No, but if you were in the court of law and you spoke a different language, they would require that you be allowed to hear the court in the language in which you read or speak, right? Same thing here.

It's not about you or the general population. In these matters, the rest of the student body and the American public can bugger off. They mean absolutely nothing, nor should their concerns be given any weight whatsoever.

Move to Florida and you can see what I mean.

Don't have to move. I'm a FL resident and real property owner.

25 year old dude jumps out of a new lifted GMC2500 and walks just fine into the store. Yea, I clearly see his all kinds of disabled.

Again, a disability isn't always visually obvious. Maybe he’s faking, maybe not. If you’re so sure he is, don’t just whine about it…turn him in.

Dont just cite law.

The law refutes your posts saying one can get a “BS handicap parking tag” “for just about anything” and that they are “faked all the time.” Sure there are abuses in FL, just as there are anyplace else. Maybe more so as I suspect there are more permits. Hey, it’s FL…there are more geezers that need them. Sorry, but they’re not all veterans with doggies. Deal with it. If you can’t, maybe it’s you who needs to move.

Right back at ya.

Don't have to move. I'm a FL resident and real property owner.

Again, a disability isn't always visually obvious. Maybe he’s faking, maybe not. If you’re so sure he is, don’t just whine about it…turn him in.

The law refutes your posts saying one can get a “BS handicap parking tag” “for just about anything” and that they are “faked all the time.” Sure there are abuses in FL, just as there are anyplace else. Maybe more so as I suspect there are more permits. Hey, it’s FL…there are more geezers that need them. Sorry, but they’re not all veterans with doggies. Deal with it. If you can’t, maybe it’s you who needs to move.

Right back at ya.
Thats unfortunate.
Why not just call a know it all cop on a power trip.
By faked, they are counterfeited. But I was told to get one through my doctor after a car wreck. I was barely injured. I wouldnt degrade myself.

Thats unfortunate.

Unfortunate that I don't have to move or unfortunate that I'm a FL resident/property owner? Either way it's ad hominem.

Why not just call a know it all cop on a power trip.

Well, if the 25-year-old dude in the 2500 is faking, that may be exactly what's needed.

By faked, they are counterfeited.

Possibly. Although I suspect more often they are abused - i.e., a valid permit used by someone who does not need, or is not entitled, to use it.

But I was told to get one through my doctor after a car wreck. I was barely injured. I wouldnt degrade myself.

If you got one when you didn't need it, that would be an abuse. You would be degrading yourself and I applaud your integrity in not doing so. But I get the impression you think people who DO need it also are degrading themselves.

If you got one when you didn't need it, that would be an abuse. You would be degrading yourself and I applaud your integrity in not doing so. But I get the impression you think people who DO need it also are degrading themselves.
Not at all. It only came up because the vets use of a service dog was being questioned. Its easier to get a handicap plate then a service dog.

Not at all. It only came up because the vets use of a service dog was being questioned. Its easier to get a handicap plate then a service dog.

Fair 'nuff - like I said before, I agree that once he presented paper showing the dog is a service animal, the cop should have dropped it and moved on.

At least the Cop didn't shoot the dog.

Back
Top Bottom