• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dirty Tactics by Political Action Committees

Are those tactics fair game?

• Yes, always fair game

• Yes, against Republicans because they deserve it, but not against Democrats

• No, not fair game in either case

• Yes, against Democrats because they deserve it, but not against Republicans.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Are tactics like this fair game? https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren-boebert-pnext-on-madison-cawthorn-foes-hit-list-2022-5

Would they be fair tactics if the victims were, say, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (publishing nude photos of her with another woman) and Nancy Pelosi (publishing similar information as is discussed relative to Lauren Boebert)?

What say y'all?
🍿

btw, I think the strategy and tactic is disgusting and only goes to show that the ones doing it have no ethics or morals and suffer from a lack of substantive issues to convince voters to vote for those they support.

But...it's legal so only the voters can combat this stuff.

Are tactics like this fair game? https://www.businessinsider.com/lauren-boebert-pnext-on-madison-cawthorn-foes-hit-list-2022-5

Would they be fair tactics if the victims were, say, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (publishing nude photos of her with another woman) and Nancy Pelosi (publishing similar information as is discussed relative to Lauren Boebert)?

What say y'all?
You think that if there were photos of either of those women available they wouldn’t have been published?

Right or wrong that’s the world we live in. I believe there should be zero anonymous money in politics, but that isn’t going to happen.

What say y'all?

Welcome to politics. Please keep your arms and legs fully inside the vehicle until the carnage stops.

You think that if there were photos of either of those women available they wouldn’t have been published?

Right or wrong that’s the world we live in. I believe there should be zero anonymous money in politics, but that isn’t going to happen.
I think that if they were published, the media would resounding declare it improper, sexual harassment, and the routine statement about misogyny and how this only happens to women, etc., would be rampant, and there would be calls for regulation and censorship of such information. And, I think Democrats would declare it improper, to say the least, and the same Democrats who cheer it now, would be railing against the fact that it's legal.
/
It is the world we live in, and the question was whether it's fair, not legal.

You're right about anonymous money. I mean, I'm allowed to write a book, publish a movie, start a newspaper, start a website, to discuss politics and lambaste the politicians I don't like, and I'm allowed to have my friends chip in to support me. If you make anonymous money illegal, then you'll make that illegal, which would end any ability of individuals to participate in politics, because as soon as someone had any significant influence, they'd be shut down.

I think that if they were published, the media would resounding declare it improper, sexual harassment, and the routine statement about misogyny and how this only happens to women, etc., would be rampant, and there would be calls for regulation and censorship of such information. And, I think Democrats would declare it improper, to say the least, and the same Democrats who cheer it now, would be railing against the fact that it's legal.
/
It is the world we live in, and the question was whether it's fair, not legal.
You failed to answer my question and I made no mention of legal/fair in my response.

It’s “fair“ now.

You're right about anonymous money. I mean, I'm allowed to write a book, publish a movie, start a newspaper, start a website, to discuss politics and lambaste the politicians I don't like, and I'm allowed to have my friends chip in to support me. If you make anonymous money illegal, then you'll make that illegal, which would end any ability of individuals to participate in politics, because as soon as someone had any significant influence, they'd be shut down.

The difference is that your book/web page isn’t written by someone that holds sway over a constituent base.

Last edited:
🍿

btw, I think the strategy and tactic is disgusting and only goes to show that the ones doing it have no ethics or morals and suffer from a lack of substantive issues to convince voters to vote for those they support.

But...it's legal so only the voters can combat this stuff.
This is close to my view.
It's legal but it often says more about the person or group doing it. And, as a result, I think it's soon to backfire more often than not.

What say y'all?
No. Tactics like this is why we end up with the politicians we have. Everyone has things in their past they’d rather not be made public, so the only candidates we’re going to get are the same caliber we’ve all been complaining about.

If there is salacious material on you, don't get into politics. Or, barring that, make sure you have a base that doesn't care about that salacious material.

And I suppose you're just as pretty now as you were sixty years ago?
Guys get better looking as they age, I get more hot girls now in my 50s then I ever did

Back
Top Bottom