• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DirecTV Drops OAN

Was it a wise business move for DirecTV to drop the highly-rated OAN?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
:mad:

I just might drop DirecTV.

“This [dropping OAN network] is highly troubling and disappointing. Not just because this is an unwise business decision, but because you are masking what is obviously viewpoint discrimination with neutral corporate-speak; your decision was certainly not based on a ‘routine internal review.’ Rather, your cancelation of OAN comes after a crescendo of powerful leftwing voices demanded that you take action against them.” - a letter by Republican Attorneys General, led by Ken Paxton of Texas

Last edited:
Glad to hear Direct TV has a moral compass. I vote conservative on many issues/individuals but that doesn't blind me to garbage propaganda spewed by sites like OANN and NewsMax.

“This [dropping OAN network] is highly troubling and disappointing. Not just because this is an unwise business decision, but because you are masking what is obviously viewpoint discrimination with neutral corporate-speak; your decision was certainly not based on a ‘routine internal review.’ Rather, your cancelation of OAN comes after a crescendo of powerful leftwing voices demanded that you take action against them.”
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A literal cult run organization getting dropped. Want a tissue?

“This [dropping OAN network] is highly troubling and disappointing. Not just because this is an unwise business decision, but because you are masking what is obviously viewpoint discrimination with neutral corporate-speak; your decision was certainly not based on a ‘routine internal review.’ Rather, your cancelation of OAN comes after a crescendo of powerful leftwing voices demanded that you take action against them.” - a letter by Republican Attorneys General, led by Ken Paxton of Texas
How high were their ratings? How much money did they make DirecTV?

Who even has direct v anymore?

We suffered through Direct TV for one year (years ago) because we signed a contract of sorts. At our location, we would lose the connection if it starting sprinkling.
No watching severe weather threat reports for us. We had to turn on the radio.

I can't vote because the poll question implies the OP is a Trump the Terrorist worshiper mad at the decision. A poll must be completely unbiased no matter what.

OAN is very popular with the party that tried an insurrection of the USA in DC.

i bet a lot of the insurrection supporters and sympathizers will be pissed.
A truly clueless post. Babbling about things unknown.

Back
Top Bottom