• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DirecTV Drops OAN

Was it a wise business move for DirecTV to drop the highly-rated OAN?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
We suffered through Direct TV for one year (years ago) because we signed a contract of sorts. At our location, we would lose the connection if it starting sprinkling.
No watching severe weather threat reports for us. We had to turn on the radio.
Your dish needed adjustment…

OAN is very popular with the party that tried an insurrection of the USA in DC.

i bet a lot of the insurrection supporters and sympathizers will be pissed.
Trailer trash mostly uses rabbit ears. They can't afford a direct TV subscription. All joking aside, OAN is worse than Fox with their adoration of the one-time loser.

With any luck, Verizon will be next.

Millions of people. It has exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, which allows anyone who owns a house to watch any game played on Sunday afternoon instead of just the locally televised NFL teams.
And don’t forget the NHL package!!!

I had it for many years and loved it.

The customer service was excellent!!!

As a single father I had to give it up, but boy do I miss it!!!

And don’t forget the NHL package!

I had it for many years and loved it.

The customer service was excellent!

As a single father I had to give it up, but boy do I miss it!

I assumed another league did the same thing, but did not know it is the NHL. For all I know the NBA and MLB probably do it too.

I assumed another league did the same thing, but did not know it is the NHL. For all I know the NBA and MLB probably do it too.
I had direct TV for 16 years. I just got fed up with having to pay for cable to get a decent internet connection. Went with Verizon Fios, one stop shop for phone, internet and TV.

Maybe but I don’t need to pay for boring to take a nap.
There was horse racing’s and the tennis channel as well, so a plethora of entertainment…

I had direct TV for 16 years. I just got fed up with having to pay for cable to get a decent internet connection. Went with Verizon Fios, one stop shop for phone, Internet and TV.

I had Direct TV for a while when I lived in Ohio. I am happy to not need it anymore (Jacksonville Jaguars fan) because the weather and HOA rules make having a satellite impossible here. Now what I have are YouTubeTV, Peacock, Netflix, and Prime Video TV. Cox is the only cable company in my area, so I am stuck with them for the Internet and landline phone.

I had direct TV for 16 years. I just got fed up with having to pay for cable to get a decent internet connection. Went with Verizon Fios, one stop shop for phone, internet and TV.

I just looked them up, but they're not available in our area for internet or tv.

Meh - never seen OAN, probably because we dropped DirecTV a number of years ago. Strictly OTA now and loving it.

Millions of people. It has exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, which allows anyone who owns a house to watch any game played on Sunday afternoon instead of just the locally televised NFL teams.

So someone would pay $80 a month plus $300 on top of that just for a few games a year theybcould go to a sports bar and watch?

If they are that dumb then they would definitely want to watch OAN

So someone would pay $80 a month plus $300 on top of that just for a few games a year they could go to a sports bar and watch?

If they are that dumb then they would definitely want to watch OAN

There is no reason to think for one second everyone could go to a sports bar, that everyone wants to go to a sports bar to watch professional sports, and it would be for only a few games every year.

There is no reason to think for one second everyone could go to a sports bar, that everyone wants to go to a sports bar to watch professional sports, and it would be for only a few games every year.

Certainly more feasible than paying $1200 to watch 10 games

There is no reason to think it is always more feasible or that everyone only wants to watch 10 games a year.

I never claimed that someone only wanted to watch 10 games a year. You get 6 free games a week, so you will see your team about 7 times a year for free. So you are only paying for the other 10

I never claimed that someone only wanted to watch 10 games a year. You get 6 free games a week, so you will see your team about 7 times a year for free. So you are only paying for the other 10

I am not paying a cent for it. You are pretending nobody likes more than one sport and nobody has a reason to watch teams in other markets at home.

These folks have a TV channel?

OAN is very popular with the party that tried an insurrection of the USA in DC.

i bet a lot of the insurrection supporters and sympathizers will be pissed.
Dish dropped RTV at the start of Russia’s 20th century style war and just dropped China’s Tass propaganda and lies from CGTN a few days ago.

I liked CGTN for Africa coverage as well as India and others, and of course Russia spin. Shanghai has 28 million in a Covid lockdown.

NewsNation isn’t bad on Dish; America’s Voice, Fox and Newsmax represent and reach the reich.

:mad:

I just might drop DirecTV.

“This [dropping OAN network] is highly troubling and disappointing. Not just because this is an unwise business decision, but because you are masking what is obviously viewpoint discrimination with neutral corporate-speak; your decision was certainly not based on a ‘routine internal review.’ Rather, your cancelation of OAN comes after a crescendo of powerful leftwing voices demanded that you take action against them.” - a letter by Republican Attorneys General, led by Ken Paxton of Texas
Thoughts and prayers.

So they were causing Direct TV to lose money?
They make more money with another network in that spot.

No matter what the reason, in a Capitalistic society. One can spend their money or run their business however they see fit, for whatever reason they see fit (legally of course). That is not cancel culture.

:mad:

I just might drop DirecTV.

“This [dropping OAN network] is highly troubling and disappointing. Not just because this is an unwise business decision, but because you are masking what is obviously viewpoint discrimination with neutral corporate-speak; your decision was certainly not based on a ‘routine internal review.’ Rather, your cancelation of OAN comes after a crescendo of powerful leftwing voices demanded that you take action against them.” - a letter by Republican Attorneys General, led by Ken Paxton of Texas
Because they didn't renew a channel that was losing them money? Oh my. What ever happened to free market economy? I mean, if you really want to see a far right conspirasy laden propaganda channel, you can watch them on Pluto.tv

These days, you can get cable internet without the tv cable. Fios is not everyplace, but if you are in an area that has fios, it's nice to have alternatives.

I can't vote because the poll question implies the OP is a Trump the Terrorist worshiper mad at the decision. A poll must be completely unbiased no matter what.
Yet here you are...

triggered.gif

Back
Top Bottom