• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Digitizing VHS Tapes

Dam, I hate when people forget substantive exchanges we have had. We grew up in the same atom bomb radius. I went to school in Montgomery County for two years and grew up in DC. Just kidding, my VCR is low mileage. I have dozens of commercial movies, I was really just spitballing……..

Oh I AM sorry, because I DO remember, I just forgot who it WAS. You went to Richard Montgomery High or was it BCC...yes I do remember.
But hey, one of the most conscientious outfits in the business is in the neighborhood.

PS: Go Spartans!

1652494468078.png

So you know the joke about the difference between a JVC duplicator SVHS deck and a JVC MEDICAL GRADE SVHS deck. :LOL:
Lol

My favorite solution is a broadcast Digital-S deck JVC made (BR-D51U) that sold for a few years as a playback cart deck and could handle VHS and SVHS with built in SDI output out back. About the best quality capture I’ve been able to wrangle without dealing with W-VHS decks that I’m always struggling to rebuild. It’s amazing how many ways there are to skin this cat.

I realized about a decade ago (probably too late) that VHS was gone as a medium and my dozens of VHS home movies were deteriorating as they sat in the box.

Fortunately, I had an acquaintance that let me borrow his VHS-to-DVD dubbing machine, and in real-time, I converted all my VHS tapes to DVD. I was so proud of myself.

NOW DVD is on its way out. Now I sit here trying to figure out how to convert the DVDs to whatever the current medium is. First, gotta see if one of my old laptops still has a working DVD drive.

Back
Top Bottom