• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Difference between With Kids and No Kids

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Having three children myself I have always been amazed the difference of people without kids. Let me preface that there isn't nothing wrong in choosing not to have kids. We have an ample number of kids already.

I just find that those without kids become very self centered and always need to get away for a weekend for stress relief. And I think What Stress?

In defense of childless couples we with kids are the ones with photos and lengthy discussion on little Billy's sports or muscial talent.

But I truly think if the only butt you ever wiped is your own then you have this strong tendency to be so self-centered and I hate to say it but "wimpy".

Just my thought.

Having three children myself I have always been amazed the difference of people without kids. Let me preface that there isn't nothing wrong in choosing not to have kids. We have an ample number of kids already.

I just find that those without kids become very self centered and always need to get away for a weekend for stress relief. And I think What Stress?

In defense of childless couples we with kids are the ones with photos and lengthy discussion on little Billy's sports or muscial talent.

But I truly think if the only butt you ever wiped is your own then you have this strong tendency to be so self-centered and I hate to say it but "wimpy".

Just my thought.

I have kids and have not had a vacation from my parental duties in 9 years, oddly enough, the same time my first kid was born.

Kids = stress like you wouldn't believe. :)

I've always tried very hard not to let being a parent define me.
Maybe i was just too young.

Last edited:
There may be something to what you say Crosscheck. I will say that I applaud people who realize that they aren't "givers" and choose to not have kids. Those types make poor parents.

Kids aren't the sole cause of stress. I have no kids and I'm usually stressed out about something: work, family issues, relationships, etc.

It is stressful being a parent - in more ways than one. Before I had children, I had all these grandiose ideas of how I'd raise my kids, what I would and would not do. I basically knew everything.

That all went out the window when I had children. :lol: I had no freakin' clue what the hell I was doing.. and to a certain degree, I still don't. I do long for the days that they were little and didn't hate me because my house is loaded with teenage hormones and angst. I can't remember the last time I took a real vacation. Not blaming the kids.. but it's not easy to arrange to take a lot of time away, for work, school, etc...

Anyway.. wouldn't trade 'em for the world, but I now know why beer was invented. ;)

Kids aren't the sole cause of stress. I have no kids and I'm usually stressed out about something: work, family issues, relationships, etc.

If you have kids, they can be little nightmares sometimes and I love my guys.

Today as an example,
I was trying to sleep, the older boy can get up on his own and be alright, but my younger boy is still a bit unruly.

He decided it would be great to get up early and terrorize his older brother.
Me = :2mad:

What gets me about parents crying about the stress of having kids? Well you knew that before you had em so suck it up and deal:2razz:

Life with or without kids comes w/ stress.

Just my thought.

I think that's too simple. For one thing, it's very easy to put the day's job stress behind you when you come home to those 2 little eyes blinking at you. It really is like having 2 separate lives. One is an escape from the other sometimes.

Just because someone is childfree, doesn't mean they've never cared for other people.

What gets me about parents crying about the stress of having kids? Well you knew that before you had em so suck it up and deal:2razz:

nah, you really don't. until you actually have em...you have no idea the amount of stress kids can cause. and it doesn't stop when they turn 18 either. I have stressed/worried more about my oldest son since he left home that I did when he was a kid.

nah, you really don't. until you actually have em...you have no idea the amount of stress kids can cause. and it doesn't stop when they turn 18 either. I have stressed/worried more about my oldest son since he left home that I did when he was a kid.

Ditto.

_________

I've been very lucky. For most of my adult life, I've had to travel for work, so I am always having to leave for 2 or 3 days to go somewhere else, stay in a hotel, eat room service, work out in the gym, and relax. I mean, I work hard on the road, but it is so much less work than being at home. I've gotten to have the best of both worlds.

I have thought about having kids... but to be completely honest I am not sure if I want to bring a child into the kind of world I am seeing. Besides, it is hard enough to get myself on my feet without help from my own family, and I'm 25. Maybe once I'm 30 and my basic needs are self-sustaining, I can think about the next step. I really don't know though.

I have thought about having kids... but to be completely honest I am not sure if I want to bring a child into the kind of world I am seeing. Besides, it is hard enough to get myself on my feet without help from my own family, and I'm 25. Maybe once I'm 30 and my basic needs are self-sustaining, I can think about the next step. I really don't know though.

It's kind of terrifying to me that my son is having a child, now that the event is getting close.
He doesn't seem ready. Neither of them do.

Just my thought.

Just because a person isn't a parent doesn't mean they have nothing to do with children.

For instance, you're forgetting uncles and aunts who are child-free who look after their nephews and nieces. Just because they didn't give birth to those kids doesn't mean they're not family.

Also, a lot of teachers are child-free but spend just as much time with children than their parents do. That doesn't mean that teachers without children aren't "givers" or are selfish.

And just because someone doesn't have kids, or doesn't have nieces or nephews, or isn't a teacher doesn't mean you won't make a good mentor to someone. There's just some things that a kid can't relate to their parents about. I don't see anything wrong with a kid, especially as they age into their teenage years, have an "honorary uncle" as TVTropes puts it (as well as "honorary aunt") looking out for them.

Besides, I'm sure that those parents who have bred children appreciate the effort that those aunts and uncles, those teachers, and those honorary uncles and aunts put into the raising of those parents' children.

I'm not gonna say "it takes a village," but on the other hand parents aren't the only ones allowed to help nurture a child.

And children aren't the only ones that requires nurturing. Take, for example, the elderly and the mentally ill and mentally disabled and the physically disabled. Most people don't have the education or training required to take care of them, which is why we have social workers to work with them. And dealing with those groups can be just as stressful as dealing with children.

And just because a person has bred doesn't mean they are a "giver" or know how to nurture a child either. There's a big difference between being a father and a daddy, and there's a big difference between being a mother and a mommy.

And I should iterate that I feel that I'm under no obligation to have children in order to prove to others that I'm a giver. That's a recipe for disaster with someone's life, and shouldn't be done by anybody.

Don't mean to go on a rant, but I just wanted to put some other things in perspective. There's lots of ways to be a "giver" than being a parent, and there's more groups that need nurturing and love besides children.

Ones a dick (duel income, no children or kids)
The other is a dink.

It's kind of terrifying to me that my son is having a child, now that the event is getting close.
He doesn't seem ready. Neither of them do.

I obviously don't speak from personal experience, but I'm not sure that any parent is fully ready.

I'm not a parent, but I currently have 35 kids. I would say that it can be pretty stressful at times. Stress can come from many different sources, and being responsible for someone else is not only about having children.

Last edited:

Yeah, if only anyone could have a clue what it would be like before you had them....then you could know.

Yeah, if only anyone could have a clue what it would be like before you had them....then you could know.

To me, this photo seems to pretty much summarize what parenthood is like:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Of course, they get a lot bigger as they get older.
They still don't get down, though.

Just my thought.

Crosscheck, if you hate them that much, put them up for adoption. Gaaahd.

Don't take it out on us childless couples for not having kids.

I don't like kids. I'm agin' em, so I didn't have any. So I have to be a self-centered wimp? Actually, I'm very responsible, and made a decision, and it worked out for me.

I understand your anger. Some of the parents I know are constantly stressed and embarrassed by their bratty kids.

Anyhoo. Got to get back to my research. I'm looking for a nice cabin for my wife and I in the mountains. Just the two of us. We're going up on November 1st to the Smoky Mountains for a week. Not for stress relief, though. Just for fun.

I don't like kids. I'm agin' em, so I didn't have any. So I have to be a self-centered wimp? Actually, I'm very responsible, and made a decision, and it worked out for me.

My husband made the same decision.
He wants no biological children, and has none.
It's not that he doesn't like kids; he helped with mine.
He just never wanted his own.

I wouldn't call him self-centered; I'm probably a much more selfish individual than he is.

Crosscheck, if you hate them that much, put them up for adoption. Gaaahd.

Don't take it out on us childless couples for not having kids.

I understand your anger. Some of the parents I know are constantly stressed and embarrassed by their bratty kids.

Anyhoo. Got to get back to my research. I'm looking for a nice cabin for my wife and I in the mountains. Just the two of us. We're going up on November 1st to the Smoky Mountains for a week. Not for stress relief, though. Just for fun.

Don't believe I typed I hated kids. But I knew I would get flack for starting this thread.

Yes, you can't make generalizations and I realize that. There are always exceptions but I know many here have seen the same thing I have.

Sorry to hear you don't like kids but I bet without knowing you that you have a dog or cat that is the pampered pet of the neighborhood,right?

Back
Top Bottom