• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Difference between With Kids and No Kids

No, you're not. Trust me on this one.

The ones that get me are the ones who are PHYSICALLY UNABLE to talk about ANYTHING but their kids.

I mean sure, every parent talks about their kids some, perfectly understandable.

But when you're trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone, and they're unable to converse with you for more than 5 minutes without switching the topic back to "their kid(s)"... that crap gets really annoying.

The ones that get me are the ones who are PHYSICALLY UNABLE to talk about ANYTHING but their kids.

I mean sure, every parent talks about their kids some, perfectly understandable.

But when you're trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone, and they're unable to converse with you for more than 5 minutes without switching the topic back to "their kid(s)"... that crap gets really annoying.

They're the absolute worst. It's like they don't exist outside their role as mommy and daddy.

This stuff used to annoy me no end before I had a kid and I swore I would never bore someone else senseless with tales about what cute sounds my baby makes when she sleeps or what color her last poop was.

The only one who ever heard about any of that from me was the one person who actually WANTED to hear about it: my mother.

They're the absolute worst. It's like they don't exist outside their role as mommy and daddy.

This stuff used to annoy me no end before I had a kid and I swore I would never bore someone else senseless with tales about what cute sounds my baby makes when she sleeps or what color her last poop was.

The only one who ever heard about any of that from me was the one person who actually WANTED to hear about it: my mother.

:lol:

nah, you really don't. until you actually have em...you have no idea the amount of stress kids can cause. and it doesn't stop when they turn 18 either. I have stressed/worried more about my oldest son since he left home that I did when he was a kid.

Umm. Yes I do know. This is not rocket science! Kids equal stress and you knew that going in so excuse me if I do not cry you a river over your brat bringing you stress. You knew that going in and made that choice to have that kid.

Deal and stop being a crybaby.

Yeah, if only anyone could have a clue what it would be like before you had them....then you could know.

You can have a clue! That is why it is up to people to do research and think long and hard before they breed. There are plenty of books, websites, etc that tells you about the stress that kids can bring into your life and anybody that thinks having kids is easy and non-stressful? Dumb or in denial.

I am always amused when parents of kids say stuff like "if only I had known".. Hello! You bring a child into this world it comes with stress and un-expected things that ALL Humans bring! Babies are just humans that grow. What is so damn hard to understand about this?

Last edited:
Actually, babies are fairly easy to deal with.
I never understood the problem.
Yeah, sometimes they cry and cry for no reason and won't stop. That's when you just shut them in a room and walk away.
They can't walk; there's a very limited amount of trouble they can cause you or mischief they can get into.

Toddlers, now.... OMFG. :doh

Actually, babies are fairly easy to deal with.
I never understood the problem.
Yeah, sometimes they cry and cry for no reason and won't stop. That's when you just shut them in a room and walk away.
They can't walk; there's a very limited amount of trouble they can cause you or mischief they can get into.

Toddlers, now.... OMFG. :doh

I'd take toddlers any day over teenagers.

Back
Top Bottom