• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Zimmerman say he didn't need medical help?

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just heard something that if true could send Zimmerman to jail and possibly some police officers to jail too. According to what I heard, Zimmerman was asked does HE need any medical assistance and he said no thank you. If you're bleeding out of the skull and have a broken face and police ask do you need any medical help and you say no, the assumption by many is your injuries were likely deliberately inflicted after the fact to bolster your claim of self-defense. Again, I just heard the claim and have not be able to verify it. has anyone heard this?

If you're bleeding out of the skull and have a broken face and police ask do you need any medical help and you say no, the assumption by many is your injuries were likely deliberately inflicted after the fact to bolster your claim of self-defense.

LOL. That's the assumption by many? Oy vey!

I just heard something that if true could send Zimmerman to jail and possibly some police officers to jail too. According to what I heard, Zimmerman was asked does HE need any medical assistance and he said no thank you. If you're bleeding out of the skull and have a broken face and police ask do you need any medical help and you say no, the assumption by many is your injuries were likely deliberately inflicted after the fact to bolster your claim of self-defense. Again, I just heard the claim and have not be able to verify it. has anyone heard this?

Zimmerman did get medical assistance, he was seen by EMT's that night on scene.

>>>>

There is no assumption one who refuses medical help self inflicted their wounds. What a load of hyperbole. Also I recall that Zimmerman merely refused to go to the hospital after paramedics cleaned him up at the scene and went directly to the police station. Hardly the INTENT of one who'd self inflict his injuries huh.

Zimmerman did get medical assistance, he was seen by EMT's that night on scene.

>>>>

Thanks. It seemed really odd. All I've been able to see is he did see his own doctor the day after but nothing saying he refused treatment to night of.

This is such nonsense it's hardly worth commenting on. You do know their were witnesses who came out immediately after the shot and also saw GZ on the ground with TM on top of him.

A lot of people - men/women - don't go to a Dr just because they're bleeding. You're taking what he did and trying to construct something out of it when it's a common action taken by many all the time. (and of course - he was seen and wasn't seriously injured)

While I wouldn't condemn you, as others have, for asking the question, I wouldn't take the same slant as you have or assume as you have. There are many people who, when in the middle of a traumatic event, refuse or claim they don't need medical assistance, perhaps as a result of shock, or perhaps as a result of heightened senses in other ways that diminish the brain's acknowledgement of pain or injury. It is not necessarily indicative of his medical condition. I think there is ample evidence from the scene as well as the video of him entering the police station that night, that indicates he did have many facial and head injuries.

Thanks. It seemed really odd. All I've been able to see is he did see his own doctor the day after but nothing saying he refused treatment to night of.

He was asked by police at least three times if he wanted to go to the hospital. Once in the car, two at the station.

He refused.

He was asked by police at least three times if he wanted to go to the hospital. Once in the car, two at the station.

He refused.

That settles it then... Guilty as charged.

On to the next case then.

<sarcasm off>

Paperview!
Yay!

And the Strawman of the Week award goes to...

Strawman?? Suggesting that he refused medical attention means his wounds are self inflicted is the wildest crock of **** I've seen around here in a while... Wouldn't you agree?

While I wouldn't condemn you, as others have, for asking the question, I wouldn't take the same slant as you have or assume as you have. There are many people who, when in the middle of a traumatic event, refuse or claim they don't need medical assistance, perhaps as a result of shock, or perhaps as a result of heightened senses in other ways that diminish the brain's acknowledgement of pain or injury. It is not necessarily indicative of his medical condition. I think there is ample evidence from the scene as well as the video of him entering the police station that night, that indicates he did have many facial and head injuries.

George claims his injuries were life threatening..... You know the State pays for crime victims.

He wasn't wobbly nor did he need any assistance when he entered the police station before 8 PM.. and the next day he bounded up the stairs of SPD.

George claims his injuries were life threatening..... You know the State pays for crime victims.

He wasn't wobbly nor did he need any assistance when he entered the police station before 8 PM.. and the next day he bounded up the stairs of SPD.

I'm not sure that tells us anything definitive. People have been known to walk away from car accidents that have killed others less fortunate.

George claims his injuries were life threatening...

No, he only had to believe at the time they were occuring to be either life threatening, or likely to cause serious bodily harm. He never claimed after the fact that they actually were.

Strawman?? Suggesting that he refused medical attention means his wounds are self inflicted is the wildest crock of **** I've seen around here in a while... Wouldn't you agree?

No it doesn't mean that, and I did not say as much.

Another Strawman, King of Strawmen.

thought GZ claimed he feared for his life. You can "fear for your life" and have no injuries.

When you kill someone in self defense and you refuse medical treatment, what exactly was it you were in fear of?

suggesting that his wounds were self-inflicted because he refused medical treatment is retarded. a more likely scenario is he refused medical treatment because his head injuries were more serious than he thought and he was disoriented.

many years ago I was in a car wreck. rear-ended by an old dude in a monster truck. slammed my head into the windshield despite seatbelt and shoulder strap. I thought I was fine. head didn't hurt much. etc. EMTs wanted to transport me and I tried to refuse. they insisted, so I went to the ER. x-rays confirmed cracked skull and I had a concussion.

cops/EMTs should have insisted GZ go to the hospital for eval.

When you kill someone in self defense and you refuse medical treatment, what exactly was it you were in fear of?

maybe your head got hit so hard you have a concussion and aren't thinking clearly? head trauma is a funny beast. When I was a junior in HS, got a concussion playing football. blind side knocked my helmet off. at the time, I thought I was fine. played the rest of the game and went to the dance after (according to the game film and reports from friends). woke up the next morning and couldn't remember anything that happened the night before.

maybe your head got hit so hard you have a concussion and aren't thinking clearly? head trauma is a funny beast. When I was a junior in HS, got a concussion playing football. blind side knocked my helmet off. at the time, I thought I was fine. played the rest of the game and went to the dance after (according to the game film and reports from friends). woke up the next morning and couldn't remember anything that happened the night before.

Your history of severe head trauma has nothing to do with me.

No it doesn't mean that, and I did not say as much.

Another Strawman, King of Strawmen.

Actually it is more like strawman by proxy.:lol:

Just placing this in the record:

Zimmerman declined THREE TIMES the chance to go to the hospital.

z-hospital_zps11898031.jpg

http://trayvon.axiomamnesia.com/wp-...olice-Reports-without-statements-redacted.pdf

Page 1.

And the reason he did was he was doing just fine. "At no point did [he] exhibit any behaviors that warranted medical attention."

Cripes, not even an ice pack.

Back
Top Bottom