• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Zimmerman say he didn't need medical help?

Just placing this in the record:

Zimmerman declined THREE TIMES the chance to go to the hospital.

z-hospital_zps11898031.jpg

http://trayvon.axiomamnesia.com/wp-...olice-Reports-without-statements-redacted.pdf

Page 1.

And the reason he did was he was doing just fine. "At no point did [he] exhibit any behaviors that warranted medical attention."

Cripes, not even an ice pack.

It is quite obvious that Zimmerman is a few screws short of a pack.

He was so sure on the night he murdered Trayvon that he was subverting a crime in progress, that he did not see any reason to secure evidence that his life had actually been in danger.

Just placing this in the record:

Zimmerman declined THREE TIMES the chance to go to the hospital.

z-hospital_zps11898031.jpg

http://trayvon.axiomamnesia.com/wp-...olice-Reports-without-statements-redacted.pdf

Page 1.

And the reason he did was he was doing just fine. "At no point did [he] exhibit any behaviors that warranted medical attention."

Cripes, not even an ice pack.

It really is not his face I am concerned with. One good sucker punch could have none that.

But what I keep scratching my head over is that he says his head was SLAMMED into the concrete repeatedly. COmmon sense says he would at least have a skull fracture or subdural or epidural hematoma. He had very superficial (not skull or brain) injuries. Hell, even his scalp injuries were unremarkable - not even a suture. I just have difficulty buying the altercation went down as he said.

WHY would anyone lie for or against George?

What a great question. Sadly, we are seeing prosecution witnesses with not only memory amnesia but getting caught making up stuff, on the stand in living color.
I knew Bernie and his boys would be bad, but this is shockingly bad.

He was so sure on the night he murdered Trayvon that he was subverting a crime in progress, that he did not see any reason to secure evidence that his life had actually been in danger.

On top of that he lied about it.

He said

(Night of shooting interview)

DS: Okay. Did you need to go to the hospital?
GZ: I don’t know. They said I didn’t.

when he was asked ...

Is your mind made up Oscar?

for the moment. I haven't seen any clear compelling evidence that would lead me to believe that zimmerman is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. there is enough to make me think it is possible he could be guilty...but under our justice system..."might be guilty" just isn't good enough to send a person to prison.

Had GZ documented his injuries properly, this whole thing would not be what it is right now.

I don't think it mattered to him to document his injuries. In fact, as we know, he only went to the PA the next day to get a note to return to work.

One of the biggest concerns many had at the start, was WTH? A guy kills an unarmed teenager and they don't do a tox screen?
They are in a brutal fight that might have ended his life and he didn't go to the hospital? Mwwwahhhhhh?

We know Z was under the influence of drugs - uppers and downers.

With meds like he was taking (4, as I recall) - just a beer or two can mess with a head. The suggestion he did not want to go because
a) tox screen results
and/or
b) he knew darn well his injury was minor and the report would only reinforce that, weakening his claim further

is not an illogical claim.

Couple that with Z's familiarity with the SPD, his knowledge of criminal justice, through the courses he was taking to be a cop, growing up with a dad as a magistrate and mom who worked in the courthouse, his best buddy who was a former SPD deputy, (one of the first person's called, and who referred to chief Lee as a "father figure" - and was there immediately that night), the FL SYG laws, the bad racial history re: Sanford PD and their black citizens...(not making this racial, but they *do* have a sordid history) -- AND the Fight Gym / Martial Arts Grappling training he had...

-- the idea Z had just killed a guy he figured would be discovered as a thief, or at least had criminal records -- (remember, they didn't ID Trayvon till the following day) he had some pretty good ideas of how far cooperating with police gets you, and indeed, it did. Going to the hospital was a trivial formality.

To Z, he was a freakin hero that night. He just nabbed a bad guy and the huzzahs would be his.

His failing grades at Criminal Justice wouldn't matter a bit now -- He wasn't just the NW Cap't now - he was the Neighborhood SupaStar!

Hospital Shmospital.

a more likely scenario is he refused medical treatment because his head injuries were more serious than he thought and he was disoriented.

Nonsense. We know his injuries were not serious at all. He didn't even need a Band-Aid.

for the moment. I haven't seen any clear compelling evidence that would lead me to believe that zimmerman is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. there is enough to make me think it is possible he could be guilty...but under our justice system..."might be guilty" just isn't good enough to send a person to prison.

To anyone who has read your posts even casually - we know: your mind is made up, and has been for quite some time.

Another documented piece of evidence of Zimmerman lying the police:

George Zimmerman Walks Through Trayvon Martin Killing In Gated Community - YouTube

Zimmerman's claim in the above recording, from the day after the incident:
Quote:
[The doctor] said I could use stitches, but she'd rather not put them in, as long as I didn't mess with my head, the skin was already healing nicely...

What the medical report actually states:

Quote:
No sutures needed given well-approximated skin margins.

To anyone who has read your posts even casually - we know: your mind is made up, and has been for quite some time.

and? I just said it was. what's your point? show me some evidence that proves guilt beyond reasonable doubt and I'll gladly change my mind. I just haven't seen any yet. too many inconsistancies, too many conflicting witness reports, no tox screen or medical eval done on Zimmerman, not covering the scene and allowing rain to possibly wash away blood/DNA evidence, etc, etc, this case was bungled from the get go.

Evaluated:

ZimmermanEMTReport_zpsb89b7b8b.jpg

where's the CT scan? where's the tox screen? where are the x-rays? a quick "look at" by an EMT is not a medical evaluation.

we don't know that at all....since he wasn't actually evaluated.

Ummm...we do know he was not severely injured. Point to any deficit short term or long term he suffered. We know short term was not severe, or else there would have been a major insistence that he would go to the hospital. The police also would not have wanted to be liable for someone in custody with a suspected brain injury. They do not need that kind of exposure. And of course, long term there have been none that we can see - except self serving statements that conflict with

Unless you are saying there were MRI/CT/Xray or medical testimony that indicates such injury, you are grasping at straws.

I am curious, was there even any direction by the EMTs to have someone stay with GZ (awake and watching him) for 24 hours incase there is an issue (such as brain injury)

Well, at least he went to the PA and got a return to work slip.:shock:

we don't know that at all....since he wasn't actually evaluated.
Of course we do. He was examined the very next day and didn't report any symptoms of any brain trauma.

they don't put band-aids on concussions
They do on cuts. Apprently, his booboos were too little to need one.

"Knock, knock....."

West: "Who's there?"

... your unemployment check. :lol:

Of course we do. He was examined the very next day and didn't report any symptoms of any brain trauma.

They do on cuts. Apprently, his booboos were too little to need one.

Actually, I think his small cuts got a flesh tone coverlet. Not sure if the ambulance crew did it or the PA.

If the PA had suspected brain trauma, there would have been diagnostic imaging of the brain.

Did he have any xrays? I had assumed the issue with the nose earned him one. Perhaps not?

where's the CT scan? where's the tox screen? where are the x-rays? a quick "look at" by an EMT is not a medical evaluation.

You obviously don't understand how EMT evaluations work.

ALL vital signs were normal.

Do you know how much liability trouble the SPD would be in if they let a dude with impending brain damage to be interrogated without a clearance?

for christsakes man, THINK!

When asked THREE TIMES Z refused medical treatment.

There is a reason they kept asking. There is a reason he kept refusing.

Actually, I think his small cuts got a flesh tone coverlet. Not sure if the ambulance crew did it or the PA.

If the PA had suspected brain trauma, there would have been diagnostic imaging of the brain.

Did he have any xrays? I had assumed the issue with the nose earned him one. Perhaps not?

He didn't get those until the next day and they may have been applied by his wife.

Back
Top Bottom