• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Zimmerman begin following Martin at a gas station?

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trayvon Martin's parents 'stunned absolutely' by Zimmerman verdict - latimes.com

"Trayvon Martin, 17, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman after a struggle, which started after Zimmerman began following an unarmed Martin home from a gas station on Feb. 26, 2012. Zimmerman's acquittal on a second-degree murder charge sparked demonstrations in dozens of U.S. cities after the case highlighted ongoing racial discord across the country.

I doubt it. The case is over. Let it go. The jury has spoken.

Trayvon Martin's parents 'stunned absolutely' by Zimmerman verdict - latimes.com

"Trayvon Martin, 17, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman after a struggle, which started after Zimmerman began following an unarmed Martin home from a gas station on Feb. 26, 2012. Zimmerman's acquittal on a second-degree murder charge sparked demonstrations in dozens of U.S. cities after the case highlighted ongoing racial discord across the country.

Yeah, the LA Times just made that up.

I doubt it. The case is over. Let it go. The jury has spoken.

I'm good with that but apparently the story changes day by day. I want to know who started this rumor.

maybe they sold gas at the 7-11. just your typical shoddy reporting from the media.

I am shocked to see that these parents think it just peachy for someone to violently attack, knock to the ground, mount and continue to beat someome for daring to "follow them". Just what crime do these fine citizens allege that GZ, the "creepy ass cracker", committed to deserve a good "ass whooping" from TM and thus deny GZ the right, of all citizens, to defend himself from that violent attack? TM was not gunned down as he skipped home carrying Skittles and a soda because he was black kid, thus the state was unable to show why GZ did not have a right to defend himself from TM's attack. This was a simple case of you do not bring Skittles and an attitude to a gunfight twice.

Last edited:

Read that earlier this morning in the paper. Had the same reaction you did.

There are some that are so determined to keep this issue alive it is genuinely pathetic....

I think it's just poor writing.

But maybe it's part of the grand conspiracy agin GZ.

I think that's what they call "poetic license". It's a literary technique used to make otherwise bland stuff more interesting to the reader.......or to imply mal-intent when discussing a racially charged issue to sway the readership into a more sympathetic opinion of the victim when the evidence is contrary to that interpretation.

So what if he did?
It's common knowledge he followed suspicious people as part of neighborhood watch.

I can see them referring to the 7-11 as a "gas station" if the place sold gasoline. however, there is ZERO evidence that Zimmerman followed Trayvon from the 7-11.

poor writing

It's in the NY Times and many others. Did ALL those sources miss this?
Are they all publishing the same article by the same author?

Cause when I Google the phrase"following an unarmed Martin home from a gas station," all the hits are the same single article.

Is there reason to believe that this is not a case of poor writing and instead yet another proof of the grand conspiracy against GZ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=fol...y5EQ0A.O&fp=670e38839d8f7d78&biw=1163&bih=879

Can anyone or is there a way to find out who wrote this story. It says it's copyrighted by the LA Times.

I sent an e-mail to MattPierce@
latimes.com

Can anyone or is there a way to find out who wrote this story.
You look near the top of the article for the byline. It's the line of text which tells you who the article is by.
In this case it says," By Matt Pearce"

Since it's all his article, I wouldn't exactly call re-prints of his article a "different source." But as always, ymmv.

I can see them referring to the 7-11 as a "gas station" if the place sold gasoline. however, there is ZERO evidence that Zimmerman followed Trayvon from the 7-11.

poor writing

I suspect the same. Just very poorly written and not saying what they attempted to say.

Are they all publishing the same article by the same author?

Cause when I Google the phrase"following an unarmed Martin home from a gas station," all the hits are the same single article.

Is there reason to believe that this is not a case of poor writing and instead yet another proof of the grand conspiracy against GZ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=fol...y5EQ0A.O&fp=670e38839d8f7d78&biw=1163&bih=879

The two major ones (Times) are. I saw the story quoted in the Austin American Statesman from the LA Times.

I suspect the same. Just very poorly written and not saying what they attempted to say.

I think the NBC alliffiate that doctored the 9-11 call offered the same BS excuses. Opps!

I am shocked to see that these parents think it just peachy for someone to violently attack, knock to the ground, mount and continue to beat someome for daring to "follow them". Just what crime do these fine citizens allege that GZ, the "creepy ass cracker", committed to deserve a good "ass whooping" from TM and thus deny GZ the right, of all citizens, to defend himself from that violent attack? TM was not gunned down as he skipped home carrying Skittles and a soda because he was black kid, thus the state was unable to show why GZ did not have a right to defend himself from TM's attack. This was a simple case of you do not bring Skittles and an attitude to a gunfight twice.

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

How do you know that? Are you being serious?

Um.....yes, I'm being serious. I know that because there is no evidence or testimony or statements or video that supports it.

Um.....yes, I'm being serious. I know that because there is no evidence or testimony or statements or video that supports it.

Seems like a bit of a leap to make such a statement. Did you get some kind of evidence, or testimony or video to support YOUR statement that it was just made up?

Seems like a bit of a leap to make such a statement. Did you get some kind of evidence, or testimony or video to support YOUR statement that it was just made up?

LOL! Okay....

I think you're a Sarah Palin-loving, gun-toting, Bush-votin' conservative. I don't have any evidence of it and everything you says goes against it, but hey --- it might be true!

LOL! Okay....

I think you're a Sarah Palin-loving, gun-toting, Bush-votin' conservative. I don't have any evidence of it and everything you says goes against it, but hey --- it might be true!

That makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom