• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you stop talking to your own members of the family over politics?

Did you stop talking to your own members of the family over politics?

• Total voters
This is why the conservatives own talk radio. Rational thought always wins a debate in the end.
Please name some US conservative talk radio hosts you think are rational. I want to see where your fair-minded is at. I am willing to listen to some audio clips too, post them here so we can all listen to them. Your top 3 clips.

I listened to Rush Limbaugh a few times. At one point he was complaining about "the evil government" because he had to keep his lights on. The reason he needed to keep his lights on was so turtles can see in their walk to the beach.

This is rational? This is a role model? He was like the opposite on the same coin as Al Sharpton from MSNBC in hypocrisy in my opinion.

Last edited:
We only have one wingnut in the family, our stepfather. We love him to death though.

Typical of leftists, however, he has no idea what is happening. Completely ig***ant, so there's really nothing to argue about.

He's a lifelong communist. Always votes Democrat.

His family literally came from the Molly Maguires, so they came to this area with nothing, destitute and worn down. So their bitterness is understandable.

I’ve had a couple of friends drop me, but not family, nor have I dropped anyone myself.

Shortly after my mother died, my father went full on Trump and peppered us with texts, voicemails, emails, family gatherings became his platform to lecture us.

It got so bad that my little sister banned his emails…and she lives next door to him. They still talk and such but she won’t take his emails. The rest of us just ignore his emails and delete posts on FB when he responds with politics (he once had a hissy fit over a picture I posted of a taco place because in a neighboring window there was a tiny BLM poster and went on about it, totally missing the point of the picture).

We found out recently that he’s been telling his friends that we were censoring him and not allowing him his 1st Amendment rights.

But we haven’t stopped taking to him.
Voicemails :oops:, can you imagine going to work and at the end of the day you get a voicemail from your father talking about Donald the Trump.

It's complicated. My wife's little brother has transitioned to female via hormone therapy, and is the most obnoxious SJW I've ever encountered, she puts many here to shame. She is belligerent, and wants confrontation. In her 30s now, mooches off her parents, never worked a day in her life, doesn't help around the house, etc. So, is it about politics? Somewhat, but not entirely. She is exactly who I think, my archetype, for entitled democrat, though. Full of ideas, too lazy or unwilling to do what's needed to execute said ideas. But everyone's gotta walk on eggshells around her lest you say the wrong thing that passes her off, and she attacks you.

Voicemails :oops:, can you imagine going to work and at the end of the day you get a voicemail from your father talking about Donald the Trump.
That's ripe. There's an entire line up of ready to go jokes there, with comparisons between that and Kermit the frog, Winnie the pooh, etc.

No, I have not. All of the folks I know of who won't speak to family or friends are leftists.

I am not sure it is about Trump.

It seems that many leftists know that their dogma cannot stand up to vigorous debate or rational thought.

They know they are right, but when it comes to explaining their beliefs, they can't make a rational argument.

When asked to debate, they run and hide their heads in a hole in the ground.

Leftists know that they know the truth. They also know that for some unexplained reason a high school dropout who doesn't know anything can always defeat them in a rational debate.

This is why the conservatives own talk radio. Rational thought always wins a debate in the end.

Leftists have poured a lot of money into trying to form leftist talk radio shows, but unless they ban anyone who disagrees with them, they always fail.

When forced to debate all the leftists have is cursing and name-calling.

Free speech is their enemy because if the other guy gets to have his say, leftists look silly.

Now I hear that Biden is going to form a group of leftist government elitists to tell us that the rest of us are always wrong and the government is always telling the truth.

Leftists may actually believe their silly ideas. If someone shines a light on those ideas, they will not stand.

I am the last real liberal in my area and I still believe that,,,, "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!"

This one statement proves that the opposite of a liberal is a leftist! Leftists don't want to allow anyone who disagrees with them to speak. Liberals, like me, welcome rational debate.
Righties idea of debate is overtalking their opponent. Not too many agree to come on shows with liberal leaning hosts, an example was Peter Navarro on with Ari Melber on the anti fox, MSNBC. Every time Ari would try to make a point Peter would start talking over him. Racheal Maddow always asks righies to appear, it's rare that they'll risk their reputation to appear on a left lean show. Or maybe they just fear being confronted in an open forum by factual information.
I'm not sure why lefties don't go on the Fox (small n) news shows, if they are not invited or feel they won't be treated fairly.
Radio's still have AM?

Please name some US conservative talk radio hosts you think are rational. I want to see where your fair-minded is at. I am willing to listen to some audio clips too, post them here so we can all listen to them. Your top 3 clips.

I listened to Rush Limbaugh a few times. At one point he was complaining about "the evil government" because he had to keep his lights on. The reason he needed to keep his lights on was so turtles can see in their walk to the beach.

This is rational? This is a role model? He was like the opposite on the same coin as Al Sharpton from MSNBC in hypocrisy in my opinion.
Comparing a radio provocateur to an in the streets Activist is pretty weak. Rev. Al will make the trip when called to do the eulogy for victims of Police shootings, council grieving parents, speak to protestors to keep it calm. Tawana Brawley was a long time ago.
All the plus size junkie A-hole did was sit in a studio & tell outrageous lies & make fun of people.

Comparing a radio provocateur to an in the streets Activist is pretty weak.
The marketing is better I will give you that. Does not help the individual person in my opinion. As an immigrant, one of the first lessons I received is to stay away from people that give me reasons to blame the system daily. I think it worked out pretty well for someone that came here with no English skills. With the amount of struggle that I had (I won't get into my background), if I had run into someone like Al Sharpton most likely would be in a different place today. There was a time I would have swum the Atlantic to be part of the society that Al Sharpton blames. I came to Canada, judging how polarized American society has become, I congratulate myself.

Hey, he gets to sit in 5 stars hotel, while young idealists are in the street getting criminal records and risking their future. I don't need to listen to Al Sharpton to tell me how to behave and be civil in society.

Here he is (this is one of my favorite pictures, 2 agitators, I keep it in a folder Left and Right Wing agitators):

3.jpg

Last edited:
The marketing is better I will give you that. Does not help the individual person in my opinion. As an immigrant, one of the first lessons I received is to stay away from people that give me reasons to blame the system daily. I think it worked out pretty well for someone that came here with no English skills. With the amount of struggle that I had (I won't get into my background), if I had run into someone like Al Sharpton most likely would be in a different place today. There was a time I would have swum the Atlantic to be part of the society that Al Sharpton blames. I came to Canada, judging how polarized American society has become, I congratulate myself.

Hey, he gets to sit in 5 stars hotel, while young idealists are in the street getting criminal records and risking their future. I don't need to listen to Al Sharpton to tell me how to behave and be civil in society.

Here he is (this is one of my favorite pictures, 2 agitators, I keep it in a folder Left and Right Wing agitators):

View attachment 67388420
and the last message about Al Sharpton the man of peace:

Mr. Sharpton led a three-day riot in Crown Heights. He blamed the accident on “diamond merchants,” and his followers chanted, “**** the Jew.” They did. The Jewish individual that was killed was Yankel Rosenbaum, 29, a doctoral candidate from Australia (he had nothing to do with the horrible incident that happened prior which sparked the riot). Nearly 200 more were injured in the melee.

That sounds to me like Trump in his way saying "March to the Capitol".

Populists are agitators in my opinion. I know he was forgiven by the members of the status quo. That is why he is a presenter on MSNBC. Not in my books.

Last edited:
Oh please, you're embarrassing yourself.
Yes, i can see how you could view me being correct as embarrassing for me, since you don't know what that feels like.

I just remembered something from my own family in a thread discussion -> both of my cousins are not talking for about 3 years over an argument it had to do with politics. It is absolutely baffling how politics can make people put ideology before family.

I argued sure, but not for such a long time. The question refers to a long timespan that is ongoing.

Did you stop talking to your own members of the family over politics? Why? Looking to hear some perspectives.
As the question is posed I said no. There are members in my family circle that we don't talk politics, but there's so much more we can/do talk about.

Typical of leftists, however, he has no idea what is happening. Completely ig***ant, so there's really nothing to argue about.

He's a lifelong communist. Always votes Democrat.

Ironic.

I just remembered something from my own family in a thread discussion -> both of my cousins are not talking for about 3 years over an argument it had to do with politics. It is absolutely baffling how politics can make people put ideology before family.

I argued sure, but not for such a long time. The question refers to a long timespan that is ongoing.

Did you stop talking to your own members of the family over politics? Why? Looking to hear some perspectives.
I had to tell my oldest son to stop bringing up politics when my youngest daughter was here. My Wife also stopped talking about politics with her. My Daughter is a strident left winger who gets all her info from social media. When she and my wife got into their "discussions", her wife and I would look at each other like, "oh god here we go again" , sit there and shake our heads. My niece is a hardcore democrat as well. I try not to engage. We all still see each other and get together. We just don't talk about politics. I wish it were different, but they are just, let's say, "passionate" in their political beliefs. ;)

He didn't say COVID vaccines, which is only recent. Many other vaccines are.
Several common vaccines are made by growing viruses in fetal embryo cells. These cells originally came from tissue obtained from two fetuses that were legally aborted in the early 1960s.

So I guess technically you're correct but this conspiracy that "dems are drinking babies blood and the vaccines are made with aborted baby tissue" makes it sound like thousands of babies are being killed to make our vaccines or something crazy like that. In reality nothing sinister is actually happening and I don't think @bongsaway is wrong for not keeping his mouth shut. Plus he chose to family over politics since he continues to talk to them, so I don't see the issue.

So I guess technically you're correct but this conspiracy that "dems are drinking babies blood and the vaccines are made with aborted baby tissue" makes it sound like thousands of babies are being killed to make our vaccines or something crazy like that. In reality nothing sinister is actually happening and I don't think @bongsaway is wrong for not keeping his mouth shut. Plus he chose to family over politics since he continues to talk to them, so I don't see the issue.
Nothing sinister except for using killed innocent humans, that are the most vulnerable among us, and then harvesting their body parts for scientific purposes.

The Elite actually believes that "Critical thinking can not be learned anywhere other than the third level of education".

The truth is that the longer you are indoctrinated, the less ability you will have to think for yourself.
After twenty years of brainwashing, nearly all of the elite believe the same things and they have no respect for those who have learned in the real world.

High school graduates and dropouts have to face real-world problems without prejudice. They must make mistakes to learn. They must learn from those mistakes.
The more intelligent of them soon learn the one thing the elite never learn.

Never believe anything you are told until you actually put it to the test a dozen times. And even then you might find out that you are wrong.

It ain't the things the elite don't know that causes all the trouble. It is the things the elite do know, that ain't so.

Anyone who believes they know everything is fooling themselves.

Now I give you the fact that the elite knows how to spell. The elite knows a lot about writing and other things that do not require deep thought.
But when it comes to thinking, the longer you have been brainwashed the less you think for yourself.

The big problem is that most teachers have no clue as to how the real world works. All they have is their books. (Books that were written by other folks who have never ventured out into the real world.)

Notice that engineers tend to be conservative. (Because they often find that in the real world the book is sometimes wrong.)

Elite Leftists do not have to think. (All they have to do is go back to the same book they went to the last time.)

As for me, I have been wrong many times. I then had to look at a problem from even more angles than I used the last time.
I could be wrong this time. Maybe you are correct. Maybe the only to learn "Critical thinking" is from a book."

If you are ever right, I will look at this again.

Nothing sinister except for using killed innocent humans, that are the most vulnerable among us, and then harvesting their body parts for scientific purposes.
That's a very warped way of viewing what's actually happened. Those fetal cells came from two babies that were legally aborted in the 60's. No other baby has been used for this purpose since. They would have been aborted regardless, and their cells have helped save millions of lives. I'll just leave it at that since I don't want to derail this thread further.

I don't have any family or friends who are liberals, so not a problem.

Well, come to think of it, many decades ago when my little brother was still in elementary school I think he was a fan of Jimmy Carter, but I didn't just disown him over that right away. And by the next year when he stopped carrying a KISS lunchbox to school, he had matured enough to figure out that Carter was a dumbass.... so the problem solved itself. But I still make fun of him today....... about the KISS lunchbox... LOL!

images

Carter-300.jpg

That's a very warped way of viewing what's actually happened. Those fetal cells came from two babies that were legally aborted in the 60's. No other baby has been used for this purpose since. They would have been aborted regardless, and their cells have helped save millions of lives. I'll just leave it at that since I don't want to derail this thread further.
That's not warped. It's just a statement of fact. Lots of horrible things have been legal throughout history, so pinning moral value on legality is one of the most questionable premises one could think of. Using your reasoning, we could justify any advancements brought about by the killing and experimentation on other humans.

I haven't stopped talking to them.. But when they go into a political rant, I politely walk away... Everything is political to them, politics is more important to them than religion, or even their families..

I was at a couple of funerals in the past 7 months... We're standing around and talking about sports,football, etc.. And the Trumpsters in my family go on a political rant at a FUNERAL!! And we're talking sports!!

You can't discuss anything with people like that... So I don't try anymore...

Back
Top Bottom