• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you see Kyle?

Was Kyle Acting In Self Defense?

• Yes

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Other, Please explain

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can you claim self defense when you are committing a crime already?
That's the thing. After the first shooting, the others he shot can claim they were affecting a citizen's arrest. Guns to often make bad situations worst.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Locals might see him as an out-of-state agitator. But you are right, in that it only takes one juror to toss the case. I suspect he will go down on an illegal carry, though.

It was perfectly legal to carry. He is also a local to the area as he lives less than 30 miles away in the state. He will get a proper defense attorney too.

It was perfectly legal to carry. He is also a local to the area as he lives less than 30 miles away in the state. He will get a proper defense attorney too.

Is it legal for a 17 year old to carry in either Wisconsin or Illinois?

On paper, Kyle did not violate any laws. But he did express the wrong political views, and will likely spend several decades in prison as a result.
You need to be 18 to carry in WI. He may or may not beat the direct charges, but I strongly suspect he will take a fall on the carry offense.

It is legal for a 17 year old to carry a rifle in Wisconsin. You would know this if you read your own links.

The most logical and likely answer is that he was volunteering to protect property that rioters were destroying, and police were doing nothing about. The rioters didn't like that, so they decided to attack him.
Yeah, but he's not of legal age to do that in WI.

Nobody should be sad for Kyle. He's a piece of human trash that deserves to rot his life away in a prison cell.

When I looked at his FB pages he looked like a kid (with a poor fashion sense) that likely had big dreams of being a cop. He was involved in programs that would benefit him in the long run. Obviously he made a very stupid decision to go to Wisconsin which was then followed by several more. We hear all the time how cops have to make split second decisions. They're trained for that. This was some 17 year old kid that got a plastic bag thrown at him while being chased and he panicked and killed the guy. Then he followed that with several more stupid decisions. He simply was not equipped with the maturity to be in that situation to begin with. Instead of playing lifeguard at the YMCA he'll be looking for attorney. For me, it's sad he made all those bad decisions that cost two people their lives. :shrug:

Then he obviously strayed off (another stupid move) where he was chased by the first victim and had a plastic bag thrown at him. He peed his pants and shot the man in the head.

And the moral of the story is: if you attack someone holding a rifle you will be shot in the head.

Then he ran from the scene of the crime. When the people that followed him caught up and made their own moves he threatened them and shot shot two more. And then took off again.

Self defense is not a crime and those idiots attacked him.

I did see him approach the police but they had no idea who he was or why so they ignored him. And he sure didn't become adamant that they hear what he'd just done.

The cops had no reason to arrest him, that why they let him go.

When I looked at his FB pages he looked like a kid (with a poor fashion sense) that likely had big dreams of being a cop. He was involved in programs that would benefit him in the long run. Obviously he made a very stupid decision to go to Wisconsin which was then followed by several more. We hear all the time how cops have to make split second decisions. They're trained for that. This was some 17 year old kid that got a plastic bag thrown at him while being chased and he panicked and killed the guy. Then he followed that with several more stupid decisions. He simply was not equipped with the maturity to be in that situation to begin with. Instead of playing lifeguard at the YMCA he'll be looking for attorney. For me, it's sad he made all those bad decisions that cost two people their lives. :shrug:

That is a very nice thing to say about a cold-blooded killer.

Nope, not old enough. But it looks like that's only a misdemeanor. The adult that supplied the gun is liable to a felony though, due to the shooting. Though I wonder if that applies if it's determined to be a good shoot?

I suppose you think yourself very clever. I'll let you continue in that belief.
I didn't "think of myself" at all, here. But I was willing to do some research and apply it to the circumstance..

I believe its legal in Wisconsin but dont quote me on that. Apparently he is under 18. I am not sure how that works for minors considering they are able to hunt.

948.60 Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

(1)In this section, “dangerous weapon" means any firearm, loaded or unloaded; any electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (1c) (a); metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles; a nunchaku or any similar weapon consisting of 2 sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather; a cestus or similar material weighted with metal or other substance and worn on the hand; a shuriken or any similar pointed star-like object intended to injure a person when thrown; or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends.

(2)

(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) Except as provided in par. (c), any person who intentionally sells, loans or gives a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age is guilty of a Class I felony.

(c) Whoever violates par. (b) is guilty of a Class H felony if the person under 18 years of age under par. (b) discharges the firearm and the discharge causes death to himself, herself or another.

(d) A person under 17 years of age who has violated this subsection is subject to the provisions of ch. 938 unless jurisdiction is waived under s. 938.18 or the person is subject to the jurisdiction of a court of criminal jurisdiction under s. 938.183.

(3)

(a) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon when the dangerous weapon is being used in target practice under the supervision of an adult or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the supervision of an adult. This section does not apply to an adult who transfers a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age for use only in target practice under the adult's supervision or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the adult's supervision.

(b) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who is a member of the armed forces or national guard and who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon in the line of duty. This section does not apply to an adult who is a member of the armed forces or national guard and who transfers a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age in the line of duty.

(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28.

The state of Wisconsin.

Quote them.

948.60 Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

(1)In this section, “dangerous weapon" means any firearm, loaded or unloaded; any electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295 (1c) (a); metallic knuckles or knuckles of any substance which could be put to the same use with the same or similar effect as metallic knuckles; a nunchaku or any similar weapon consisting of 2 sticks of wood, plastic or metal connected at one end by a length of rope, chain, wire or leather; a cestus or similar material weighted with metal or other substance and worn on the hand; a shuriken or any similar pointed star-like object intended to injure a person when thrown; or a manrikigusari or similar length of chain having weighted ends.

(2)

(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) Except as provided in par. (c), any person who intentionally sells, loans or gives a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age is guilty of a Class I felony.

(c) Whoever violates par. (b) is guilty of a Class H felony if the person under 18 years of age under par. (b) discharges the firearm and the discharge causes death to himself, herself or another.

(d) A person under 17 years of age who has violated this subsection is subject to the provisions of ch. 938 unless jurisdiction is waived under s. 938.18 or the person is subject to the jurisdiction of a court of criminal jurisdiction under s. 938.183.

(3)

(a) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon when the dangerous weapon is being used in target practice under the supervision of an adult or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the supervision of an adult. This section does not apply to an adult who transfers a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age for use only in target practice under the adult's supervision or in a course of instruction in the traditional and proper use of the dangerous weapon under the adult's supervision.

(b) This section does not apply to a person under 18 years of age who is a member of the armed forces or national guard and who possesses or is armed with a dangerous weapon in the line of duty. This section does not apply to an adult who is a member of the armed forces or national guard and who transfers a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 years of age in the line of duty.

(c) This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593. This section applies only to an adult who transfers a firearm to a person under 18 years of age if the person under 18 years of age is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593 or to an adult who is in violation of s. 941.28.

Quote them.

C'mon man. Why'd you have to ruin the joke like that? It was fun to watch them make fools of themselves.

That is a very nice thing to say about a cold-blooded killer.

Being attacked by a pack wolves. As soon as those ****s are buried I hope people make it a point to find and piss on their graves.

Being attacked by a pack wolves. As soon as those ****s are buried I hope people make it a point to find and piss on their graves.

^ So much for "all lives matter." :roll:

Obviously not much.
I must admit to a penchant for not wasting my time. So, I only did enough to win my case. Admittedly, it involved little more than reading the posts you overlooked. Better luck next time.

^ So much for "all lives matter." :roll:

They do right up till those same lives start attacking others destroying property and lives. Then **** those ****s. They deserved what they got plus some.

Pity.

They do right up till those same lives start attacking others destroying property and lives. Then **** those ****s. They deserved what they got plus some.

At least you admit that "All lives matter" was a cover for racism. :shrug:

And the moral of the story is: if you attack someone holding a rifle you will be shot in the head.

Self defense is not a crime and those idiots attacked him.

The cops had no reason to arrest him, that why they let him go.

I guess that's why he's now charged with two counted of murder. He wanted to play big boy games until he got scared by a plastic bag and peed himself.

Back
Top Bottom