• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did You Read The Books About Trump

Did You Read the Trump Books?

• Let Me Finish By Chris Christie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy By Jeanine Pirro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
  1. Fire and Fury Michael Wolff
  2. Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House By Cliff Sims
  3. Fear: Trump in the White House By Bob Woodward
  4. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership By James Comey
  5. Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics By Chris Christie
  6. Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever By Rick Wilson
  7. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House By Omarosa Manigault Newman
  8. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy By Jeanine Pirro
  9. Trump: The Art of the Deal By Tony Schwartz
  10. What Happened By Hillary Clinton

Numbers 1-2 are probably the books Trump hate the most and are the most accurate.
Numbers 3-5 are probably accurate descriptions without a glorified agenda
Numbers 6-8 are partisan opinions
Numbers 9-10 are just for fun and can help or hurt Trump depending on the context used.

So now that there are at least 10 insider books about the WH, have you read any of them and do you agree with my breakdown? I haven't read all of them probably only two.

Where's the 'no way in holy hell' to any of them option?

I have not but I did receive for Christmas both the Wolff and Woodward books.

For the Thread:

Team of Vipers is the best book written about the Trump White House. That doesn't mean it's any good
Like every Trump tell-all, this is a book that did not need to exist. The interesting tidbits contained here could all have been contained in a 2,500-word newspaper article. With a bit of padding, they might even add up to enough for a Vanity Fair cover story. Instead, they were tweeted about for a week or so prior to publication and already almost forgotten by the time this reviewer trudged through 0 degree weather to purchase a copy on Tuesday.

My boots are still wet.
https://theweek.com/articles/819528...about-trump-white-house-that-doesnt-mean-good

Last edited:
Nah, didn't bother. I already knew this guy was a propped-up fraud before he ran for president; I didn't need a tell-all to reaffirm that.

Did not read any of them... as others have pointed out, I did not need to.

2. Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House By Cliff Sims
  5. Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics By Chris Christie
  6. Everything Trump Touches Dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real About the Worst President Ever By Rick Wilson
  7. Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House By Omarosa Manigault Newman
  8. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy By Jeanine Pirro

Numbers 1-2 are probably the books Trump hate the most and are the most accurate.
Numbers 9-10 are just for fun and can help or hurt Trump depending on the context used.

So now that there are at least 10 insider books about the WH, have you read any of them and do you agree with my breakdown? I haven't read all of them probably only two.

I think living in the Trump moment in history is enough. How much anecdotal evidence does anyone really need?

Nah..I just decided to read Trump himself. His words...His lies..His delusions..His body language ( especially when he is on camera with Putin )...His disdain for females... His childish rants and tweets..His ridiculous denials that all of our intel agencies are incorrect about Russian interference in our elections, and came to the conclusion he is totally unqualified to be the C-I-C and the guy in charge of the nuclear codes. Decided I didn't need to read any of those books listed to discern he is a narcssistic sociopath who puts himself above and before the best interests of the nation and the American populace at large.

Nah, didn't bother. I already knew this guy was a propped-up fraud before he ran for president; I didn't need a tell-all to reaffirm that.

What about 10 tell alls???

and not a one shows the president to be competent in action although Christie argues Trump is competent, just screwing up.

What about 10 tell alls???

The guy is a narcissistic, unhinged buffoon who thinks he knows everything but doesn’t know dick; a world-class nepotist; and a fraud. I knew that going in. Why waste my time reading 10 books to reinforce that?

I haven't read any of these. I formed my opinion of Donald Trump through his own words, speeches, and his campaign rhetoric.

You probably are well aware of this, but I need to say this about #10 at every given chance: 'What Happened' is an extremely pathetic attempt at pushing blame on her lose onto everything and everyone except her. It's an attempt at salvaging her unsalvagable reputation and an attempt at setting the narrative for the next time an outsider is cheeky enough to challenge the annointed king or queen.

My wife volunteers at our local library; she got a copy of “FEAR” and I am thumbing through it; reads like a three week old newspaper......not as though there is not a common theme running through the majority of the books.

I would rather watch paint dry than to have to read a book revolving around Donald Trump, especially ones written by utterly self-serving authors.

read Spygate.

Nah Im waiting for the movie.

I read Bob Woodward's book, or I should say I read about two thirds of it. I recommend it highly as a sleep aid. It rambles, there are no big reveals that I didn't already guess or know about.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Hillary Clinton's book, What Happened, is a "Trump book?"

Last edited:

Agreed. You might enjoy "The Plot to Destroy Democracy" by Malcolm Nance. He could use a better editor, but he does know his subject.

Books which include some fiction sell better than books without lying salacious additions to factual accounts.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Hillary Clinton's book, What Happened, is a "Trump book?"

I haven't read it, but I'm sure there's stuff about Trump in it :mrgreen:

Other: I'll write my own one day, from the perspective of an average pissed-off British-American citizen.

Did I read any of the idiotic, whiny, "I hate Trump" books? No. I'm not stupid.

Back
Top Bottom