• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you hear the one about the liberal atheist who killed 2 women in a FLA yoga studio?

Obviously nobody said that raising kids as Christians was a guarantee that they would not be murderers. 1+1=2

Your implication was that those without faith seem to be more predisposed to killing because they weren't trained by Christians to do so.

so the quintessential and perfect liberal

Err . . . who and what is the quintessential and 'perfect' liberal?

thinks if we had a religion that promised an eternity in heaven with loved ones in return for killing 1000's of innocent people it might be better than Christianity? Its liberal thinking at its very best!!! Behold!!!

If you're referring to me, then that's not even close to anything I said. If we were to compare your response to target-practice, then not only can you no shoot the broad side of the barn, but you can't even manage to shoot a target within the same state.

I'm going to re-quote myself just as a reminder of what I actually said, and how far removed your interpretation of what I said is.

Me said:
So . . . we have an example of a liberal, atheist murderer, but he wasn't acting out for any idealogical reasons, BUT, if he had been a Christian, he would not have done this, despite the mountain of examples of Christian terrorists. Seems legit.

This the very definition of 'reaching'.

It takes a whole buttload of intellectual dishonesty to fail to see the problem with this. How about instead of propping up one, or a few examples of violent things being done by violent people in this country, we compile a list of all such acts divided by ideology. Then we can have a relevant conversation about whether or not religion is more likely to encourage, or discourage such acts.

Nowhere did I advocate or endorse a religion that "promises an eternity in heaven with loved ones in return for killing 1000's of innocent people".

No, son, I hate religion in general. It's high-time that we kick superstition and the suspension of reason to the curb.

As to what I actually suggested was that instead of championing singular events, like we always seem to jump at every time someone from a group that we don't like does something horrid, we actually look at the broader scope of who's actually doing what.

I'm going to assume that you're trying to twist my words into making me appear pro-Islam, and someone who's willing to criticize Christianity while turning a blind eye to radical Islam. I am not. For one thing, I never mentioned Islam at all because I was talking about Atheism vs Christianity, and I singled out that religion because YOU were suggesting that this atheist would have done what he did if he were Christian. Never mentioned a god damned thing about thinking that a religion that rewards the death of 'infidels' as being better than Christianity.

No, I predict that once we have that aforementioned discussion, where we look at the broader scope of all acts of terrorism, Christians will end up being by and large the perpetrators of these acts in the U.S., while Islam will take center-stage in Europe, the Middle-East, and some parts of Africa.

So who's a quintessential liberal again?

I'm talking about the lonely types who have no friends and can't find anyone to date them; like the "incel" types. God's love just doesn't seem to do it for them.

yes obviously all people don't become Christians. And???????????????????????????

Does this apply to those who kill and terrorize in the name of their faith?

of course, Christianity was born in war and fought to survive so there is always a question about whether killing in the name of God is justified.

Not at all, but that can be done without it having to be faith specific.

no it cant which is why you clean forgot to tell us who's doing this training?

Your implication was that those without faith seem to be more predisposed to killing because they weren't trained by Christians to do so.

if one person is trained to speak English he is more likely to speak it than someone without the training. 1+1=2

Err . . . who and what is the quintessential and 'perfect' liberal?
someone who cant figure out if teaching, thou shalt not kill, is a good or bad thing

No, son, I hate religion in general.

So you have something in common with the Florida shooter. The victim's loved ones really wish the shooter had be trained in Christianity. Do you understand?

. It's high-time that we kick superstition and the suspension of reason to the curb.

so you want to throw out our reason for living and replace it with what exactly? The Florida shooter was waiting on you but you never showed up! His loved ones really regret it.

That’s nothing. You hear the one about a Kenyan community organizer who was elected El Douche to this nation on the pretense he wouldn’t drone strike anyone? Then proceeded to use UAVs more that anyone before or after did................combined.

...........and get a load of this. The fools elected him not just once, but twice.

I'm going to assume that you're trying to twist my words into making me appear pro-Islam,

1)Pro islam?? Not vaguely related to op.
2) don't have to twist your words you said you are a atheist like the shooter and would prefer to substitute reason for Christianity. Don't you want to hurry up with your reasons before there is yet another mass shooting?

Is there any support for the idea that shooter was either an atheist or a liberal? If not, this whole thread is pointless.

Is there any support for the idea that shooter was either an atheist or a liberal? If not, this whole thread is pointless.

Obviously he was an atheist because Christians don't believe in murder!! Did you know that?
Liberals despise Christianity so you can assume shooter was a liberal.

Obviously he was an atheist because Christians don't believe in murder!! Did you know that?
Liberals despise Christianity so you can assume shooter was a liberal.
Hate to break it to you, but liberals don't believe in murder either, so by your logic, he was neither a Christian nor a liberal.

Hate to break it to you, but liberals don't believe in murder either, so by your logic, he was neither a Christian nor a liberal.

Ulyanov was by no means a conservative.

of course, Christianity was born in war and fought to survive so there is always a question about whether killing in the name of God is justified.

And how does that play out if your a soldier killing for reasons other than self defense?

They asked him why he did it. He said he could because he was not Christian. Liberals imagine themselves to be so clever that they see through the irrationality and hypocrisy of Christianity. But little do they know that then they also, in effect, see through the irrationality and hypocrisy of the Great Commandment: "love thy neighbor as thyself". The Florida shooter and all the other shooters that liberalism has spawned weren't bound by the Great Christian Commandment were they? Did liberals offer something to replace it? So who then is really responsible for the horrible liberal change that is happening in the souls of would-be shooters, and millions of others who in record numbers are committing suicide and overdosing on drugs?

The problem is there is a lot of problems, and hypocrisy in Christianity. I'm a devote Christian myself, by the way. Did you know there are about 6,000 delineations of Christian? Many didn't like something in doctrine, so they left, and formed their own church, and called it Christian.

Lets get this straight. If you support the death penalty, you are not a real Christian. If you think money is status, and worth, you are not a real Christian. If you think shooting at, or killing people for menial things like theft, is OK, you are not a real Christian. If you think the ends justify the means, you are not a real Christian. If you refuse to aid the needy, because of judgemental, or fearful reasons, you are not a real Christian. If you brag about giving to charity, you are not a real Christian. All those things go against the teachings of Christ. When you do things your own way, you can't really say you're following in the path of anyone.

The problem is there is a lot of problems, and hypocrisy in Christianity. I'm a devote Christian myself, by the way. Did you know there are about 6,000 delineations of Christian? Many didn't like something in doctrine, so they left, and formed their own church, and called it Christian.

Lets get this straight. If you support the death penalty, you are not a real Christian. If you think money is status, and worth, you are not a real Christian. If you think shooting at, or killing people for menial things like theft, is OK, you are not a real Christian. If you think the ends justify the means, you are not a real Christian. If you refuse to aid the needy, because of judgemental, or fearful reasons, you are not a real Christian. If you brag about giving to charity, you are not a real Christian. All those things go against the teachings of Christ. When you do things your own way, you can't really say you're following in the path of anyone.

you said there were 6000 kinds of Christianity and then you told us there was one kind, your kind???

And how does that play out if your a soldier killing for reasons other than self defense?

who cares?? the issue is should we let liberals kill Christianity while atheists are becoming mass shooters, over dosing, and committing suicide in record numbers?

ah but liberals, in effect, do believe in murder since they mount no organized effort to prevent it the way Christians do. Thank you for walking into the swinging door again and again!

Back
Top Bottom