• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you ever broke the bro code?

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I never did in my adult life, so past the age of 18.

I did once when I was 16-17... nothing serious, accidently allowed myself to get hit on by a girl who was the girlfriend of a friend of mine. She hit on me online, I thought it was my friend takin' a piss at me... turned out it was true. I agreed to see her, she actually turned up!
Anyway, nothing happened but never told my friend.

The violations were that I did hit on my friends' girl (even thought it was unintentional) and I saw his girlfriend... and that I didn't tell him what happened. Which again, nothing happened, just had a drink and joked around... she tried flirting, I skiddadled out of there on false pretense.

No. The bro code is the most holy of books and its rules establish one of man's most important bonds: the bro bond.

Never broke it.

Stickiest situation was when my brothers GF was out visiting a friend of hers in Vegas when I was living there. They both came over (I was living there at the time) and she was very, very friendly....very. I decided that it would be a good idea to go out for a change of scenery which quelled things. I've never told him about it but she blew things with him anyway when they were talking marriage and he found out she'd run a background check on him. I guess it just goes to show that people often have reasons for their suspicions:lol:

it is really disgusting

especially if that is your boyfriend's close friend,as close as a real brother

I dated my cousin's ex. Almost married her. There's no such thing as "bro code".

I never did in my adult life, so past the age of 18.

I did once when I was 16-17... nothing serious, accidently allowed myself to get hit on by a girl who was the girlfriend of a friend of mine. She hit on me online, I thought it was my friend takin' a piss at me... turned out it was true. I agreed to see her, she actually turned up!
Anyway, nothing happened but never told my friend.

The violations were that I did hit on my friends' girl (even thought it was unintentional) and I saw his girlfriend... and that I didn't tell him what happened. Which again, nothing happened, just had a drink and joked around... she tried flirting, I skiddadled out of there on false pretense.
I broke this one:
27: A Bro doesn't grow a mustache.
But it's ok because it was something stupid everyone was doing, and so...
2: A bro is always allowed to do something stupid as long as his bro’s are doing it.

You guys actually need a handbook for this? :lamo

Long after my time... but there's always been a code of sorts, about not messing with your good friend's girlfriend... let alone wife.

I broke that once, when I was 15. It started when my cousin, who was a close friend, accused me of "getting with" his GF, and we came close to getting in a fight over it... I was REALLY PO'ed because I had done NOTHING with her and had not even SEEN her on the night in question.

I was so pissed off that the next time I DID run into her... and for some reason she came on to me, which was a new thing, and probably a revenge thing against my cuz more than anything else... anyway, I said "frack it" and figured if I was going to get hung over it I might as well DO the crime...

... which led to me staring down the barrel of a 38 not long after. I suppose I'm fortunate Cuz wasn't QUITE pissed enough to pull the trigger.

I determined never to repeat that particular mistake again. But hey, I was 15, and she WAS pretty darn hot.

yep, one of my deepest regrets
they wound up divorcing
i convinced her to take the car and a small amount of cash and be done with it
at the time i was dating her best friend
he never learned of my disloyalty, but the three others of us all know
soon thereafter he became interested in my gf and proposed a swap
the girls were for it. it happened
but i know of my betrayal and have regretted it these 35 years
the only consolation is that his next divorce cost him $1 million and a house
so, while i try to justify to myself that she kept coming onto me and that i ultimately did him a favor, making his first divorce cheap
what i did was nothing other than horribly wrong. one of those few times in life that i would want a 'do-over' to avoid the lifetime of regret. my deepest regret
the four of us are remain very close friends to this day. i am the only one who is still married

Back
Top Bottom