• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?[W:170]

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

• Total voters
Re: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

No. Black people are allowed to cut through neighborhoods. There is no law that says they dont.

But if you are posing the argument about a side losing because of a failed prosecution are you then willing to accept that Hillary committed no crimes and OJ is innocent? By the same standard and all.

I didn't mention race, you did. Pretty racist thought process. Not sure why think that matters.

Martin was roaming around a neighborhood he didn't belong in and was ducking between houses. He was confront by the captain of the Neighborhood Watch in a gated community. Then he went after Zimmerman. We covered this, and your side lost.

Martin was going back to the house that his dad was in.

Zimmerman has been in trouble ever since: THAT'S why Matin was killed.

Martin was going back to the house that his dad was in.

Zimmerman has been in trouble ever since: THAT'S why Matin was killed.

Martin wasn't killed because of what happen to Zimmerman later. That's delusional, and doesn't make a lick of sense.

Martin wasn't killed because of what happen to Zimmerman later. That's delusional, and doesn't make a lick of sense.

You're missing the point that Zimmerman is delusional, that's why Martin was killed and THAT'S why Zimmerman keeps getting into trouble.

And let's try and remember the topic: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

I think that Obama was mediocre and wish-washy. But what policies affected you personally?

jacking up my taxes through the Democrat passed Obama care nonsense.

I'm sure it's been said a dozen times or more in this thread, but Barack Obama was NEVER the President for all Americans.
Only for a select few.

And in the end, that select few failed to comprise a voting majority that would allow Hillary Clinton to carry forward his legacy of debt, dishonesty, crookedness, and corruption.

And thank God for that.
:cool:

You don't pay taxes...

why are you lying? I paid over 500K in federal and state income taxes for calendar year 2015

why are you lying? I paid over 500K in federal and state income taxes for calendar year 2015

Bwahahahaha

Bwahahahaha

must suck to know I can buy you. what's a used cat go for anyway? 2 bucks? :mrgreen:

must suck to know I can buy you. what's a used cat go for anyway? 2 bucks? :mrgreen:

ha ha...:lamo

I don't see that narrative in play anywhere except these message boards and maybe that's what you're talking about. I dunno.

It is an incredibly meme popular among the partisan American Left, yes. The Obama administration has also been trying (and largely failing) to wear its supposed "saving" of the economy as a feather in its cap for years.

I do hear plenty of economists (unsurprisingly) say the issue with the stimulus package was it was too small

You could literally have a stimulus package twice the size of current global GDP, and Keynesians would only tell you to spend more.

As I said, I remain unimpressed and unconvinced by such arguments. Time only will tell if a change in direction bears fruit or not.

Last edited:

Well, frankly, I think a lot of lefties "don't relate, understand, or have empathy" for Americans who are having a tough time but still have a great affinity for this country and believe in things like border security and gun rights. Many on the left are content to shame, blame and accuse them of being racist or stupid or whatever.
There are more than a few patriotic Dems that love country, own guns, and abhor illegal immigration and want a sealed border! I was one of them. And many voted for Trump! I'm no longer a Dem, but I still have Dem family and friends like you described, though most can relate to financial struggles because they either are struggling themselves, or their parents or grandparents did. The Dems I run with and am describing tend to be older, Caucasian, and Euro bloodline - the kids and grandkids of Italian, Polish, or Irish immigrants, with the occasional German or Swede descendant thrown in for good measure.

They're actually Trump's key demographic, accept they happen to be urban or suburban ... and Dem! :mrgreen:

I guess we can now call some of them: "Trump Democrats"! ;)

Are you ****ing serious about that slavery remark? OMFG, and that has exact what to do with Obama, because he wasn't around when they fixed that.

Yeah I'm serious. If you claim race relations are worse than ever due to Obama you might need a little reminder that it actually was a hell of a lot worse.

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

When Obama became president we were on the brink of disaster. Much of the pushback to Obama at the time was racially charged and the leadership on all fronts of the GOP were absolutely against working with Obama in any way shape or form. Contrast that to the democrats which are open to working with Trump where it makes sense (not supporting TPP, Infrastructure bills, the carried interest tax, etc)

Obama did try to meet Republicans in the middle, tried having meetings with Republicans early on, and while in private it was widely reported the GOP wanted to cooperate with Obama, they didn't because they were afraid to lose more seats and then the Tea Party Movement happened. And then Trump happened. And the rest is history.

A lone male teenager roaming around a community in which they clearly don't live, and behaving erratically while doing so, is going to draw attention either way, regardless of race.

Again, you have no evidence whatsoever to suggest that "racism" was the primary factor at play here. Quite frankly, even if it was, that would not justify Trayvon's actions, or the media's reaction to the case.

Wow. You still fail to comprehend that we aren't talking about martin's actions or the media. I assume you either aren't capable of putting a relevant argument or you know you done have one and keep trying to change the subject. Either way i'm done with you.

When Obama became president we were on the brink of disaster. Much of the pushback to Obama at the time was racially charged and the leadership on all fronts of the GOP were absolutely against working with Obama in any way shape or form. Contrast that to the democrats which are open to working with Trump where it makes sense (not supporting TPP, Infrastructure bills, the carried interest tax, etc)

Obama did try to meet Republicans in the middle, tried having meetings with Republicans early on, and while in private it was widely reported the GOP wanted to cooperate with Obama, they didn't because they were afraid to lose more seats and then the Tea Party Movement happened. And then Trump happened. And the rest is history.

The negative reaction of Left Wing portions of the electorate to Trump's election is far nastier than the Right's reaction to Obama ever was. They not only have no interest in accepting Trump as President, but they don't seem to have any interest in actually being productive citizens of this country while he's in office either. They'd rather riot. Many of them even seem to be laboring under the delusion that they can somehow overturn the result of the election if they riot long and hard enough to attract the right kind of attention.

As far as the "establishment" is concerned, pretty much the only Dem who seems to be honestly interested in "working with" Trump is Sanders. Obama has paid some minor lip service to the idea, but frankly talks out of both sides of his mouth on the subject, and will also be completely irrelevant in another couple of months anyway. People like Warren, meanwhile have flat out said that they have no interest in working with Trump, and that they intend to "fight" for as long as he's in office.

In any eventuality, it's basically irrelevant whether the Dems want to cooperate with Trump or not. The GOP holds enough seats in both houses to do pretty much whatever it wants right now, and we'll shortly be able to appoint a supreme court justice as well (hopefully more, before Trump leaves office). We've basically got things cinched at least until 2018, and probably clear through till 2020.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans&amp

The negative reaction of Left Wing portions of the electorate to Trump's election is far nastier than the Right's reaction to Obama ever was. They not only have no interest in accepting Trump as President, but they don't seem to have any interest in actually being productive citizens of this country while he's in office either. They'd rather riot. Many of them even seem to be laboring under the delusion that they can somehow overturn the result of the election if they riot long and hard enough to attract the right kind of attention.

As far as the "establishment" is concerned, pretty much the only Dem who seems to be honestly interested in "working with" Trump is Sanders. Obama has paid some minor lip service to the idea, but frankly talks out of both sides of his mouth on the subject, and will also be completely irrelevant in another couple of months anyway. People like Warren, meanwhile have flat out said that they have no interest in working with Trump, and that they intend to "fight" for as long as he's in office.

In any eventuality, it's basically irrelevant whether the Dems want to cooperate with Trump or not. The GOP holds enough seats in both houses to do pretty much whatever it wants right now, and we'll shortly be able to appoint a supreme court justice as well (hopefully more, before Trump leaves office). We've basically got things cinched at least until 2018, and probably clear through till 2020.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Warren is heading up the party of no.

Wow. You still fail to comprehend that we aren't talking about martin's actions or the media. I assume you either aren't capable of putting a relevant argument or you know you done have one and keep trying to change the subject. Either way i'm done with you.

Translation:

2b39c53c2e559e61e03ede29a50b528e.gif

You're missing the point that Zimmerman is delusional, that's why Martin was killed and THAT'S why Zimmerman keeps getting into trouble.

And let's try and remember the topic: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

No, you're trying to play Monday Morning quarterback, who knows what happened since, and trying to place that on Zimmerman back then. It's doesn't work.

Nope, this all started with you talking about Obama and race. Then you brought up Martin.

No one ever said that there was a law that blacks can't go through neighborhoods, you did that all on your own. So own it.

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

There's a reason for concern about Dump and his past hate rhetoric.

You complain about "the bashing of Dump" but ignore all of Trump's prior hate rhetoric. Please defend Trump's racist 5 year campaign to "out" President Obama as an illegitimate president not born in the US. Also, defend Trump's claim that Obama faked his college transcripts.

It blows my mind how fans of Dump can attack the left but defend Trump being a racist asshole and inciting other racists.

Dump and Dense brought this on themselves.

I think Obama was a bad president. I think he did a lot of bad things for this country, and he enacted a lot of policies which were bad for me personally. I also think he was more than a little bit of an insufferable, pompous, ass about the whole thing to boot.

However, at the end of the day, and in spite of all of that, he was still the President, and I respected his position as such. I really don't see why it's too much to ask that the Left do the same with Trump.

Please name two of Obama's policies that were "bad for you, personally". Thanks.

Yeah I'm serious. If you claim race relations are worse than ever due to Obama you might need a little reminder that it actually was a hell of a lot worse.

You know damn well we're talking about recent times. I never figured you for dirty trick debate tactics. I'll remember.

Back
Top Bottom