• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?[W:170]

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

• Total voters
Re: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

I voted other because it is impossible for any president these days to satisfy all the people or even most of the people.

There are two Americas fighting for control over the whole. It does not and can not work.

See, there's your assumption again. I've never said, nor do I agree, with any of those things. I'm not a conservative. I'm pro-liberty. Which puts me at odds with both conservatives, and right now, especially "progressives," because the "progressives" have in many ways abandoned even the pretense of being pro-liberty. (This is not as true with liberals, but "progressives" are distinct from liberals.)

I take on conservatives as well. But your pointing out conservative hypocrisy, when so rife with it yourself, only compounds your own.

And yeah, Hillary has a "vote count" lead about half as big as the Republican Congressional "vote count" lead. Both aggregations of votes are meaningless, but if you're going to make a big deal out of one and not mention the other, well, more hypocrisy.

So it looks like your at odds with everyone. Everyone except for you is "rife with hypocrisy". How cool you must feel about yourself. How wonderful for you, the one true harbinger of all that is true.

All hail Harshaw.

So it looks like your at odds with everyone. Everyone except for you is "rife with hypocrisy". How cool you must feel about yourself. How wonderful for you, the one true harbinger of all that is true.

All hail Harshaw.

I can't help it if you make things up to suit your fantasies about why people disagree with you.

But as I said, keep it up. A lot. As much as you can.

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

Kind of a weird question, I think. Obama was definitely president for all Americans. Any president is president of all Americans, that should go without saying. Now quite a lot of Obama's policies and his doings wasn't for all Americans. But that again is true for all presidents. Do I think Obama was more interested in taking care of those who supported him, of course. Again that is natural. I think Obama got some things right and some things wrong. He was far from the best president I have experienced in my lifetime, but he wasn't the worse either. I was born right after WWII.

The bottom line is that we have one president at a time and that president is president of the entire United States and its territories. He is America's president and president of all the people, period. Some may not like that, some may love it. But that is the way it is.

See, there's your assumption again. I've never said, nor do I agree, with any of those things. I'm not a conservative. I'm pro-liberty. Which puts me at odds with both conservatives, and right now, especially "progressives," because the "progressives" have in many ways abandoned even the pretense of being pro-liberty. (This is not as true with liberals, but "progressives" are distinct from liberals.)

No need to bother with that line anymore. The entire country is well aware that so-called libertarians are transparent shills for the GOP.

No need to bother with that line anymore. The entire country is well aware that so-called libertarians are transparent shills for the GOP.

Your juvenile mewling is entirely uninteresting.

Wasn't my President. What did he ever do for me or for most of the country?

Just as trump will not be my President.

Just as trump will not be my President.

You must not be up on how things work. We just had an election but Trump doesn't become president until January 20th. After that he has to actually do or not do something as president before you can say that he has never done anything for you or for the rest of the country. Anyway, whether you like it or not, Trump will be your president.

Obama isn't and wasn't president to all Americans. He panders to the few and ignores the rest and that in itself cost the democrats both the presidential election and state elections.

Obama isn't and wasn't president to all Americans. He panders to the few and ignores the rest and that in itself cost the democrats both the presidential election and state elections.

Not to mention Hillary was holding hands with him while doing this. "Stronger Together" only means that Democrats and liberals are stronger together. To hell with Independents, centrists, and the right.

You must not be up on how things work. We just had an election but Trump doesn't become president until January 20th. After that he has to actually do or not do something as president before you can say that he has never done anything for you or for the rest of the country. Anyway, whether you like it or not, Trump will be your president.

Unless you know him personally and/or can directly influence his decision making, he won't be "your president" or mine. The phrase itself is ridiculous.

And yet you remain interested enough to post. It's amazing how regularly libertarians make complete asses of themselves.

:lamo

Wrong. He will be the country's president not mine. He does not represent me, so how can he be mine? If he stood for the things I do, like Obama did, then I would take ownership of him. He doesn't so I don't. In fact he is my ideological enemy along with the conservative Republicans.

Wrong. He will be the country's president not mine. He does not represent me, so how can he be mine? If he stood for the things I do, like Obama did, then I would take ownership of him. He doesn't so I don't. In fact he is my ideological enemy along with the conservative Republicans.

That just shows your level of partisanship. Obama was my president even though I disagreed with many things he did or wanted to do. I actually voted for him in 2012 but I think his first four years were much better than his last four years so he really disappointed me with his being the head of the party of no. Still, he was my president.

That just shows your level of partisanship. Obama was my president even though I disagreed with many things he did or wanted to do. I actually voted for him in 2012 but I think his first four years were much better than his last four years so he really disappointed me with his being the head of the party of no. Still, he was my president.

If you don't have any influence with him - or even a personal relationship with him - it makes no sense to claim that the president is 'yours.' Even if you agree with him most of the time.

If you don't have any influence with him - or even a personal relationship with him - it makes no sense to claim that the president is 'yours.' Even if you agree with him most of the time.

A president is president to all, whether the people like him or his policies or not or whether the president does anything for a particular person or group of people or not. Minorities and women (generally speaking) did not make any gains due to anything Obama did. In fact, many were worse off after 8 years than they were before. That's why Trump won the election, because many people were jobless in both battleground and blue states (due to Obama's policies) and the Democrats had no answer for them other than at least another four years of the same thing. If Hillary had done even the slightest thing to give these people hope she would have won the election but all she could tell them is, "You don't want Trump to be your president".

If I said Obama wasn't my president, liberals would call me and about 60 million Trump votes racist. I'm I getting that right?

Of course I'm partisan. I actually stand for something. The two major political parties in the country are very far apart regarding the issues most important to me. The liberals and progressives are represented by the Democrats, while the conservatives and libertarians are represented by the Republicans. There are other very minor parties which support each of them as well.

In general the liberals represent science, the environment, woman's concerns, education, gay rights, workers unions, government assistance and universal health care. The conservatives represent the fundamentally religious and big business while generally fighting against those things I mentioned about the liberals. They wish to defund the EPA, fight stem cell research, against abortion, favor religious rights over all others when in conflict, against gay marriage, cut government assistance programs and certainly against any form of universal health care outside the free market. And they won't even have the discussion concerning gun control. The answer is NO.

The choices for me couldn't be clearer. It's good verses evil, oil verses water, science versus religion. A vote for a Republican is to support and endorse a side of the political divide which is further away from my vision as I can imagine in this country. I will not support or recognize those people who are against everything I stand for as my leaders and representatives.

I'm certain the conservatives and Republicans feel the same way about me. We are not together at all despite all the pretense. We have no unified sense of purpose. We don't even like each other very much. Talking about these issues with friends leads to heated, angry hostilities toward one another.

You say partisanship...you better believe it. Unless you don't much care about the world you live in.

Of course I'm partisan. I actually stand for something. The two major political parties in the country are very far apart regarding the issues most important to me. The liberals and progressives are represented by the Democrats, while the conservatives and libertarians are represented by the Republicans. There are other very minor parties which support each of them as well.

In general the liberals represent science, the environment, woman's concerns, education, gay rights, workers unions, government assistance and universal health care. The conservatives represent the fundamentally religious and big business while generally fighting against those things I mentioned about the liberals. They wish to defund the EPA, fight stem cell research, against abortion, favor religious rights over all others when in conflict, against gay marriage, cut government assistance programs and certainly against any form of universal health care outside the free market. And they won't even have the discussion concerning gun control. The answer is NO.

The choices for me couldn't be clearer. It's good verses evil, oil verses water, science versus religion. A vote for a Republican is to support and endorse a side of the political divide which is further away from my vision as I can imagine in this country. I will not support or recognize those people who are against everything I stand for as my leaders and representatives.

I'm certain the conservatives and Republicans feel the same way about me. We are not together at all despite all the pretense. We have no unified sense of purpose. We don't even like each other very much. Talking about these issues with friends leads to heated, angry hostilities toward one another.

You say partisanship...you better believe it. Unless you don't much care about the world you live in.

I stand for working together to solve the country's problems instead of standing for cramming one side's values up the other side's asses.

If I said Obama wasn't my president, liberals would call me and about 60 million Trump votes racist. I'm I getting that right?

Some would call you racist and in fact have already. I can understand an independent finding whoever becomes president their president. However, if you are on the right or left, when your concerns have been gored like an ox you feel totally defeated and helpless under the control of your ideological enemy. It's not just feeling either. The other side will trample all over your hard fought victories. Trump and the Republicans for instance are about to dismantle the EPA and defund the Earth monitoring programs at NASA....what a disaster. I literally hate people who would do such a thing.

Some would call you racist and in fact have already. I can understand an independent finding whoever becomes president their president. However, if you are on the right or left, when your concerns have been gored like an ox you feel totally defeated and helpless under the control of your ideological enemy. It's not just feeling either. The other side will trample all over your hard fought victories. Trump and the Republicans for instance are about to dismantle the EPA and defund the Earth monitoring programs at NASA....what a disaster. I literally hate people who would do such a thing.

Getting a taste of your own medicine, eh? Relax, you've got at least four more years, more counting the Supreme Court. But, you will never learn the lesson of not cramming your values up the other sides ass. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Paybacks are hell.

Back
Top Bottom