• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?[W:170]

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

• Total voters
Re: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

You are being totally disingenuous with this post. No one denied racism. I denied it in the Martin case, and the Brown case....................cases that Obama acted inappropriate over. I'm pretending nothing of the sort, you are pretending something that never happened in those cases, actually happened. It wasn't proven.

Well, if - Martin was killed because he was black (the factor that got idiot Zimmerman after him), then how is Kreton wrong. Racism IS an issue and denying it in Martin's case is just saying it's only racism when you think it's racism. THAT is what Obama was acting on.

And it wasn't proven that Zimmerman was yelling either. No was it proven that MARTIN had a right to defend himself. So, you're whitewashing (no pun intended).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

Related, we're suddenly going to be hearing a lot less "we won" and "elections have consequences" and "you should in the back and not do a lot of talking," and a lot more "we need COMPROMISE."

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

Every president is every American's president. Reaching out is to heal as best as possible. If we want civil war, or continuing strife, than don't ever reach out. But most presidents try to for the good of the country. Remember, few and certainly not trump, win by such a margin as to be see as universally acceptable.

The idiot was out buying ingredients for a dangerous drug cocktail ('purple drank'), and responded to being questioned by trying to straight up beat a man half his size to death.

Whatever Zimmerman may have "assumed" regarding Trayvon Martin, it clearly wasn't too far off of the mark. The kid was a dangerous thug.

Whatever you want to believe about whether or not Martin was breaking laws that night is not what is being discussed.

Zimmerman didn't know what Martin had purchased. He didn't know the intent. The only thing he could know was Martin was black and wearing a hoodie. If you want to believe he properly identified a thug you can (I don't but thats not the point) but there is nothing that you can say that wiill cahnge the fact that Zimmerman approached in part because of his skin color.

Whatever you want to believe about whether or not Martin was breaking laws that night is not what is being discussed.

Zimmerman didn't know what Martin had purchased. He didn't know the intent. The only thing he could know was Martin was black and wearing a hoodie. If you want to believe he properly identified a thug you can (I don't but thats not the point) but there is nothing that you can say that wiill cahnge the fact that Zimmerman approached in part because of his skin color.

Zimmerman approached because he saw a sketchy looking young man, who probably wasn't up to any good. The fact of the matter is that Martin's subsequent actions prove that he was absolutely right.

He was looking in windows likely looking for a place to rob.

I did care, but only initially. After his first 6 months in office I knew he would not be for all Americans so after that I stopped caring.

Well, if - Martin was killed because he was black (the factor that got idiot Zimmerman after him), then how is Kreton wrong. Racism IS an issue and denying it in Martin's case is just saying it's only racism when you think it's racism. THAT is what Obama was acting on.

And it wasn't proven that Zimmerman was yelling either. No was it proven that MARTIN had a right to defend himself. So, you're whitewashing (no pun intended).

No, Martin was killed because he decided to attack someone that was armed.

No, Martin was killed because he decided to attack someone that was armed.

(the factor that got idiot Zimmerman after him)

Reading is fundamental.

Reading is fundamental.

What you quoted doesn't make sense, so...

What you quoted doesn't make sense, so...

You don't know what you're talking about again, so...

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

For sure Obama was no president to people like me. I am one of the 'deplorables' after all and labeled with all manner of hateful adjectives that I reject very much but wear with a badge of honor because of the ignorance and hatefulness of the one throwing them at me. I say that while sitting here reading my Bible and cleaning my guns. :)

I am watching Trump very closely that he sticks with the solid conservative values he ran on and doesn't capitulate to the left just to earn their good will. Others have tried that and have regretted it every single time. It's like picking up a cold snake and holding it close to warm the poor thing up. And then no matter how kind you have been, it will and does bite you every single time.

I do believe he will in effect be a good President for all Americans if he stays the course he has set. Of course the entitlement crowd and special interests won't think so, but they will also have a chance to prosper if they are willing to see and take it.

I did care, but only initially. After his first 6 months in office I knew he would not be for all Americans so after that I stopped caring.

Obama was elected in 2008 on a campaign slogan of "changing the way Washington works". Almost immediately he became one of the very best Washington game players that there ever was and it became apparent to Independents that "changing the way Washington works" only meant getting rid of Republicans and doing everything the Democrat's way. Since Obama failed miserably at actually "changing the way Washington works" we got a new president elected this year that promised to "drain the swamp". I hope he succeeds and doesn't think that only means draining Democrats from the swamp. Both sides need to work together for the good of the country.

Reading is fundamental.

Someone approaching you on the street doesn't give you license to try and beat them to death. :roll:

Martin figured that he was the bigger and meaner of the two, so he tried to take advantage of that. He simply didn't count on Zimmerman having a gun.

The dumb brute ultimately got exactly what he deserved.

Last edited:

He divided the country by race worse than ever, so he was a president for the Democrats. That's what they do.

Worse than ever? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd have to say we were much more divided when one race enslaved the other. Everyday most of us all get along just fine.

Someone approaching you on the street doesn't give you license to try and beat them to death. :roll:

Martin figured that he was the bigger and meaner of the two, so he tried to take advantage of that. He simply didn't count on Zimmerman having a gun. He ultimately got exactly what he deserved.

Always helps to be the last guy standing and write the story, doesn't it? :)

Always helps to be the last guy standing and write the story, doesn't it? :)

Except that we know for a fact that he consciously made the decision to double back and physically attack Zimmerman, because he called his girlfriend beforehand and explicitly said as much.

Remember that whole "creepy ass cracker" thing?

The facts we can know for sure from the case basically play out as follows:

1. Zimmerman sees Trayvon walking alone at night, looking suspicious, and he stops to talk with him.

2. Trayvon bolts, gets away, and calls his girlfriend to say that he's going back to get some "creepy ass cracker" that was following him.

3. Zimmerman winds up beat to Hell at the end of the night, and Trayvon winds up shot, in a manner which would be consistent with him being on top of someone, as if he were attacking them.

You don't exactly have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece what most likely happened together here. :shrug:

Last edited:

I believe he wanted to be but starting before he was even elected the Cons made sure that never could be. The Cons whine on and on about those that say trump is not their president yet they said the same thing over and over themselves, me thinks Hypocrisy is alive and well in America.

Except that we know for a fact that he consciously made the decision to double back and physically attack Zimmerman, because he called his girlfriend beforehand and explicitly said as much.

Remember that whole "creepy ass cracker" thing?

The facts we can know for sure from the case basically play out as follows:

1. Zimmerman sees Trayvon walking alone at night, looking suspicious, and he stops to talk with him

2. Trayvon bolts, gets away, and calls his girlfriend to say that he's going back to get some "creepy ass cracker" that was following him.

3. Zimmerman winds up beat to Hell at the end of the night, and Trayvon winds up shot, in a manner which would be consistent with him being on top of someone, as if he were attacking them.

You don't exactly have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece what most likely happened together here. :shrug:

But do we know all that happened without a reasonable doubt? Can you say 100% Martin did what he said? Can you say 100% the events happened exactly as Zimmerman claimed? Look I'm not trying to get into a big debate about this subject, yet again, but in the ends it's a couple people's version of what happened there is absolutely no proof it happened exactly as they said it did and of course people are going to say what they think they remember. And most people have ****ty memories. :lol:

But do we know all that happened without a reasonable doubt? Can you say 100% Martin did what he said? Can you say 100% the events happened exactly as Zimmerman claimed? Look I'm not trying to get into a big debate about this subject, yet again, but in the ends it's a couple people's version of what happened there is absolutely no proof it happened exactly as they said it did and of course people are going to say what makes them look good.

I don't see any reason to doubt the relevant details of Zimmerman's story, no. Again, the guy was beat to Hell, and we have statements from Trayvon himself, coming from a source who wouldn't have any reason to lie, saying that he intended to attack Zimmerman. All of that is consistent with Zimmerman acting in self-defense.

That's exactly why he was acquitted to begin with.

Last edited:

I don't see any reason to doubt the relevant details of Zimmerman's story, no. Again, the guy was beat to Hell, and we have statements from Trayvon himself, coming from a source who wouldn't have any reason to lie, saying that he intended to attack Zimmerman. All of that is consistent with Zimmerman acting in self-defense.

That's exactly why he was acquitted to begin with.

It would just be interesting to get a factual hard evidence showing exactly what went down. It's not that I don't believe his story but I don't think it's 100% factual.

It would just be interesting to get a factual hard evidence showing exactly what went down. It's not that I don't believe his story but I don't think it's 100% factual.

That, we'll probably never know. Suffice to say, however, it was a tragic event. Both parties involved were behaving like testosterone poisoned meat-heads (Zimmerman with his 'Captain America' over-zealous neighborhood watch routine, and Trayvon with his 'gangsta' need to go back and assert his dominance over someone he had already gotten away from), which is exactly why things ended badly.

That, we'll probably never know. Suffice to say, however, it was a tragic event. Both parties involved were behaving like testosterone poisoned meat-heads (Zimmerman with his 'Captain America' over-zealous neighborhood watch routine, and Trayvon with his 'gangsta' need to go back and assert his dominance over someone he had already gotten away from), which is exactly why things ended badly.

I don't see anything wrong with what Zimmerman did. He noticed the behavior of someone scoping out houses and decided to follow and report his behavior to the authorities. When the authorities told him to back down he obeyed their wish(it was not an order) to do so.

I don't see anything wrong with what Zimmerman did. He noticed the behavior of someone scoping out houses and decided to follow and report his behavior to the authorities. When the authorities told him to back down he obeyed their wish(it was not an order) to do so.

Didn't he get out of the car and chase after Trayvon for a short distance, however?

I'd describe that as being unwise and unnecessary. Apart from that, however, I don't disagree with his actions.

Back
Top Bottom