• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?[W:170]

Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

• Total voters
Re: Did you care if Obama was a "President for All Americans"?

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says, Trump is by default going to be the President for all Americans.

Now, whether he actually works to the benefit of all Americans....probably not.
And the media/commentators that are giving him suggestions are mainly concerned with ensuring some form of the status quo continues, which is why they want to work with him.

It remains to be seen how much he listens to them. But thus far it is looking like his presidency may be the most corrupt in recent, if not all, history.

For example, assuming that (as he said in an interview at one point before the election) his children are running his businesses while he is president, it's quite a significant conflict of interest for them to also be part of his government. That isn't fully hashed out yet, so we'll see.

If Trump actually tackles some of the corruption in DC, I could see supporting him, in part.
But I think he's going to just make it worse.

Well, frankly, I think a lot of lefties "don't relate, understand, or have empathy" for Americans who are having a tough time but still have a great affinity for this country and believe in things like border security and gun rights. Many on the left are content to shame, blame and accuse them of being racist or stupid or whatever.

President Obama deported more immigrants than any other US President...yet it seems many tend to overlook that fact.

President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief."
Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

Last edited:

All president elects say it, that they'll be everyone's president but it does seem that's pretty much immediately forgotten. Now I see a lot of pundits (who bashed Trump and said he never had a chance) try to counsel him about what he needs to do to reach out to those upset at his win and I wondered why they weren't so similarly concerned when Obama became prez (that I remember).

What I suspect that we're the most concerned about our president reaching out to the other side when we're the in the losing side.

I was going to say more but I'm watching the football pre game shows and now I'm distracted, so poll in the way.

He divided the country by race worse than ever, so he was a president for the Democrats. That's what they do.

Obama claimed to be a president for all Americans, but he wasn't.

Who's president wasn't he? (americans)

Who was those people's president?

Since when did America start having 2 (or more) presidents?

How do I find out when more than 1 president wins elections?

He divided the country by race worse than ever, so he was a president for the Democrats. That's what they do.

He didn't divide the country by race. The country divided itself because we had a black president.

He didn't divide the country by race. The country divided itself because we had a black president.

No, he said Trayvon could have been his son, among other things he said. He pushed a wedge in the racial divide and banged it in with a hammer.

No, he said Trayvon could have been his son, among other things he said. He pushed a wedge in the racial divide and banged it in with a hammer.

Thats not dividing the country by race. That was a bunch of pissy conservatives getting their sensitive feelings hurt over nothing.

A child walking home from a store is something most of our kids have done. That could have been my kid too who ended up in that situation....uh oh! Guess I just divided the country too by saying that.

Thats not dividing the country by race. That was a bunch of pissy conservatives getting their sensitive feelings hurt over nothing.

A child walking home from a store is something most of our kids have done. That could have been my kid too who ended up in that situation....uh oh! Guess I just divided the country too by saying that.

Yes it is, he gave legitimacy to lies, like "Hands up don't shoot" for one, and fuel the assumption that Martin was killed out of racism. His voice resulted in people thinking racism existed where it didn't, that's where BLM got its life; in a pure out and out lie!

I voted NO about Obama, and I say the same thing about Trump.

Whoever sits in the White House has little effect on my personal life.

Had I still been living in Phoenix, it might, with as crappy the VA care was there.

Here the VA care is nothing but first class, but it IS Texas after all.

BLM is - for all intents and purposes - a violent racial supremacist movement. The Obama Administration made a deliberate point of backing and legitimizing them, while simultaneously also legitimizing groups with blatantly anti-white agendas (all of this 'privilege' nonsense the Left has been trying to jam down the country's throat for the last few years, for example). In doing so, yes, they absolutely not only widened the racial divide in this country, but basically tossed a gallon of gasoline on existing tensions and followed it up with a lit match.

The backlash against the resulting explosion of violence and unrest that lead to is a big part of the reason why Trump won so decisively.

No. I only expected him to do for his constituents what he promised. Unfortunately he fell far short of that goal. But, he did probably deliver for Goldman Sachs and CitiBank.

How can you call yourself a president of "all Americas" and be a champion of illegal immigration and open borders?

Somebody is FOS.

No. I only expected him to do for his constituents what he promised. Unfortunately he fell far short of that goal. But, he did probably deliver for Goldman Sachs and CitiBank.

Yep. But I'm heartened to know that Citibank and Goldman Sach's refused to make donations to Donald Trump and therefore Trump has no obligation to do them any favors.

Yes it is, he gave legitimacy to lies, like "Hands up don't shoot" for one, and fuel the assumption that Martin was killed out of racism. His voice resulted in people thinking racism existed where it didn't, that's where BLM got its life; in a pure out and out lie!

There is a very good chance that Martin was killed because of his race; or it at least was a factor. You can deny it all you want but it won't change anything.

Racism does exists. Denying doesn't make it go away. Pretending things are not racist doesn't solve the problem.

There is a very good chance that Martin was killed because of his race; or it at least was a factor. You can deny it all you want but it won't change anything.

Racism does exists. Denying doesn't make it go away. Pretending things are not racist doesn't solve the problem.

You are being totally disingenuous with this post. No one denied racism. I denied it in the Martin case, and the Brown case....................cases that Obama acted inappropriate over. I'm pretending nothing of the sort, you are pretending something that never happened in those cases, actually happened. It wasn't proven.

Absolutely.

I'd be worried if someone didn't value such a pursuit.

You are being totally disingenuous with this post. No one denied racism. I denied it in the Martin case, and the Brown case....................cases that Obama acted inappropriate over. I'm pretending nothing of the sort, you are pretending something that never happened in those cases, actually happened. It wasn't proven.

YOU can deny it all you'd like. Race was a factor. Anyone can see that. You just choose not to.

It is rediculous to deny Martins race wasn't a factor. You know it was, Zimmerman knows it was. It doens't change the outcome of the case; but it was a factor. Zimmerman thought he was suspicious because of his race and clothing.

YOU can deny it all you'd like. Race was a factor. Anyone can see that. You just choose not to.

It is rediculous to deny Martins race wasn't a factor. You know it was, Zimmerman knows it was. It doens't change the outcome of the case; but it was a factor. Zimmerman thought he was suspicious because of his race and clothing.

The idiot was out buying ingredients for a dangerous drug cocktail ('purple drank'), and responded to being questioned by trying to straight up beat a man half his size to death.

Whatever Zimmerman may have "assumed" regarding Trayvon Martin, it clearly wasn't too far off of the mark. The kid was a dangerous thug.

Treyvon Martin was a dangerous young man who attacked someone more dangerous than him. Fights, like auto accidents are very unpredictable.

Treyvon thought he was going to administer as ass kicking and got killed trying. His bad.

Treyvon Martin was a dangerous young man who attacked someone more dangerous than him. Fights, like auto accidents are very unpredictable.

Treyvon thought he was going to administer as ass kicking and got killed trying. His bad.

He attacked someone who simply happened to be armed. That's exactly why you don't go picking fights with random strangers to begin with.

He just said he did what HE thought was best. That should say it all. While his job is partially to represent based on his own judgment, his job is also to balance the will of congress, and the will of the people, IMO. All the people. That means protecting minority viewpoints as much as majority. Hopefully Trump will do better, but I doubt it. He is a narcissist, while Obama was just elitist.

My vote is a 'No'. The reason for this 'No' is very simple. Everybody is different so you can not possibly be a president for all Americans. Saying so, shows lack of intelligence. A nice gesture, but none the less not possible to achieve. Besides that; a president needs to make decisions that people do not like but are ultimately still in their best interest. Making any such decisions does not make you the most liked person by 'All Americans'.

Joey

I think Obama was a bad president. I think he did a lot of bad things for this country, and he enacted a lot of policies which were bad for me personally. I also think he was more than a little bit of an insufferable, pompous, ass about the whole thing to boot.

However, at the end of the day, and in spite of all of that, he was still the President, and I respected his position as such. I really don't see why it's too much to ask that the Left do the same with Trump.

I think that Obama was mediocre and wish-washy. But what policies affected you personally?

I think that Obama was mediocre and wish-washy. But what policies affected you personally?

Even putting aside his constant "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" propagandistic gushing over the alleged "economic recovery" that didn't really happen (at least not how his administration liked to claim), the skyrocketing insurance costs brought about by the ACA, or the substantially increased costs of living brought about by inflation exacerbated by his fiscal policy, the manner in which his Administration gutted defense agencies, and failed to make a priority of cyber defense, lead to my security clearance taking almost a full two years being renewed. That made it basically impossible for me to move forward in my military career until the issue was finally resolved early this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom