• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did you attend or watch the Restoring Honor rally?

Did you attend or watch the Restoring Honor rally on 8/28/2010?

• Total voters

Jucon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Restoring Honor - 8.28.10

Did you attend or watch the Restoring Honor rally on August 28, 2010?

If you didn't watch it live, do you plan to watch a recording of it?

If you were there or if you watched it, what did you think?

I'd like to watch it just to see what the hubbub was all about. There was a live stream of it on Facebook, but I only caught a few of the singers near the end of the event.

If you find a video of the entire event, please post it. Thanks! :2wave:

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2...ws+Protest+on+I+Have+a+Dream+Anniversary.aspx

Last edited:
Tiger's game or Beck What to do...

I went with America's pastime and the baseball game.

Kid's birthday party today, but overall I didn't care about this guy's rally.

I believe CSPAN has it online and they'll probably show it again.

I chose "watched it online", but I really watched it on TV. When I check the Facebook video, there were 53,000 people viewing it.

I chose other. I watched live on C-Span. They're running it again tonight and prime time Monday.

I chose "watched it online", but I really watched it on TV. When I check the Facebook video, there were 53,000 people viewing it.

On another thread someone said 120,000 were viewing the live feed.

I didn't realize CSPAN was showing the event. Thanks for letting me know. I found a recording of it on the CSPAN website. Posted the link in the origional post.

I was sleeping from a good night of partying. I figured reading threads here would be a better use of my time and funnier than watching the actual thing.

Didn't watch/attend and I have no plans to watch it. I'm just not interested.

I was sleeping from a good night of partying. I figured reading threads here would be a better use of my time and funnier than watching the actual thing.

So.......are you laughing?

I watched it. I couldn't stop looking at it. It was like watching a blind girl fall into a ditch..I know it was wrong but I just HAD to see it.

I watched it. I had little problem with the message... it was history intensive and God intensive, though it was also Christianity intensive. Not very inclusive. They had a Rabbi, maybe a few, standing on stage from time to time, but I only caught one mention of a Mosque and another mention of people's "place of worship". And no mention of other religions. But I can imagine the event would be pretty motivating for some.

God was a major focus of the event, but it was still heavily leaning toward Christianity with many mentions of churches, Jesus and the bible. I'm not sure if I am surprised or not. I didn't know what to expect when beginning the video, but I wasn't expecting it to be nearly exclusively Christian.

MLK was mentioned numerous times throughout the event.

One thing I was expecting is more honor put towards our troops, though only about 20-30 minutes were spent on that topic.

:thinking

I tuned in after Sarah Palin's speech but in time to be bored by Glenn Beck.

No. I went and saw "The Other Guys". Hilarious movie.

Back
Top Bottom