• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did you all know about this evidence on Martin's phone the judge wouldn't allow?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Skip to the 6:20 mark and listen to what O'Mara says about what was on the cell phone...

Skip to the 6:20 mark and listen to what O'Mara says about what was on the cell phone...

I didn't listen yet . . . but I'd heard a photo of a gun (couldn't tell whose hand was holding it), some text messages indicating that Trayvon was either buying or selling a gun, a text from Trayvon about his losing a fight because "the guy got on top of me and I couldn't defend myself," picture of MJ plants . . . that's all I remember. Now I'll watch the video.

Wow. I hadn't heard about "a punch to the nose wins the fight." Well, it'll all come out in any civil suit, that's for sure.

They alluded to it in the Daubert hearing. I knew it was there but of course that was the night the Judge walked out when Don West was throwing up his hands in exasperation.

There's been much "talk" of a civil suit. I've heard a far greater number of people saying they don't believe a civil suit will happen due to much much more of TM's background being exposed.

I'm still wondering if he was going to make some "lean" aka "purple drank" with the arizona watermelon juice cocktail and the skittles. He was only lacking the cough syrup.

I've watched the 7-11 tapes to see if he was trying to buy cough syrup too that night. You can see he asks the clerk for something behind the counter and the clerk refuses. Lotta speculation.

Last edited:
Did you all know about this evidence on Martin's phone the judge wouldn't allow?

Yes!

Well, it'll all come out in any civil suit, that's for sure.
How do you figure?
He will have a Stand Your Ground hearing (immunity hearing) prior to. It wont be coming out if he is found to be immune.

Last edited:
How do you figure?
He will have a Stand Your round hearing (immunity hearing) prior to. It wont be coming out if he is found to be immune.

Oh, I know that. But nothing would surprise me about this case. Absolutely nothing. I certainly hope he's given immunity. I'm afraid, with all the pressure this guy's been under, that if he continues to have that pressure mount, he'll blow his head off. He must be on mega-doses of Xanax, that's all I can say. So sorry for the guy . . .

Oh, I know that. But nothing would surprise me about this case. Absolutely nothing. I certainly hope he's given immunity. I'm afraid, with all the pressure this guy's been under, that if he continues to have that pressure mount, he'll blow his head off. He must be on mega-doses of Xanax, that's all I can say. So sorry for the guy . . .

I'm not moved - while I'm ok with the ruling I'm not ok with the idea that he 'did absolutely nothing wrong'

If he's consumed by guilt and harassed forever then that's what he gets for confronting someone with a firearm.

I'm not moved - while I'm ok with the ruling I'm not ok with the idea that he 'did absolutely nothing wrong'

If he's consumed by guilt and harassed forever then that's what he gets for confronting someone with a firearm.

I'm sure not going to have that argument with anybody. To each their own.

I truly hope folks that share this opinion are never mugged and have to defend themselves.

I truly hope folks that share this opinion are never mugged and have to defend themselves.

There was obviously much more to this situation than an innocent bystander being harassed by a mugger.

Last edited:
You definitely view things differently than I.
He might, or you can consider that he just had the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders and needs no medication as he is elated.
Coming down off that elation is of course, another story.
Just like your view that his life is over.
I don't see it. There are just too many places where he will be welcomed and safe. He is chooses not to take advantage of that, then that is on him.

Hardly likely, as he has already stated that he believes this was G_d will.

I didn't listen yet . . . but I'd heard a photo of a gun (couldn't tell whose hand was holding it), some text messages indicating that Trayvon was either buying or selling a gun, a text from Trayvon about his losing a fight because "the guy got on top of me and I couldn't defend myself," picture of MJ plants . . . that's all I remember. Now I'll watch the video.

Wow. I hadn't heard about "a punch to the nose wins the fight." Well, it'll all come out in any civil suit, that's for sure.

Looked through that whole dump and don't remember that.

The texts are an interesting read.

You definitely view things differently than I.
He might, or you can consider that he just had the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders and needs no medication as he is elated.
Coming down off that elation is of course, another story.
Just like your view that his life is over.
I don't see it. There are just too many places where he will be welcomed and safe. He is chooses not to take advantage of that, then that is on him.

I expected to see him weep when the verdict was announced; I really did. I thought he looked like a deer in the headlights most of the time. I can't imagine what it must be like to be unable to go out of your house without a disguise -- unable to get a job -- broke (at least for now) -- civil suit hanging over your head -- DOJ soliciting anonymous emails to prosecute you. OMFG. To me? The stress would be unbearable.

I hope he has confidence (real honest-to-God confidence) in his attorneys and believes them when they re-assure him that he's really in the position you describe.

Looked through that whole dump and don't remember that.

The texts are an interesting read.

I think there were a whole bunch that weren't released to the defense until 7 days before the trial ended.

There was obviously much more to this situation than an innocent bystander being harassed by a mugger.

Not really. You have a teen age African-American with a chip on his shoulder about "creepy ass cracka"s looking at him. His solution?? He goes and ....how did Ms Janteel describe it, "whupped ass" on him. Didn't turn out very well this time. The person TM decided to go postal on had a gun.

How's that different than a mugging?

I think there were a whole bunch that weren't released to the defense until 7 days before the trial ended.

Pretty sure it was a week before the trial and the gun and pot pics were part of it.

Could be mistaken. If anybody knows please point me to it.

I expected to see him weep when the verdict was announced; I really did. I thought he looked like a deer in the headlights most of the time. I can't imagine what it must be like to be unable to go out of your house without a disguise -- unable to get a job -- broke (at least for now) -- civil suit hanging over your head -- DOJ soliciting anonymous emails to prosecute you. OMFG. To me? The stress would be unbearable.

I hope he has confidence (real honest-to-God confidence) in his attorneys and believes them when they re-assure him that he's really in the position you describe.
What you are doing is what mostly everyone does. Assuming one should act or feel the way you yourself would.

What you are doing is what mostly everyone does. Assuming one should act or feel the way you yourself would.

I don't say he should act that way. I said I think he might.

It's called empathy.

I don't say he should act that way. I said I think he might.

It's called empathy.
:naughty
I did not say you said he should act that way.

They alluded to it in the Daubert hearing. I knew it was there but of course that was the night the Judge walked out when Don West was throwing up his hands in exasperation.

There's been much "talk" of a civil suit. I've heard a far greater number of people saying they don't believe a civil suit will happen due to much much more of TM's background being exposed.

I'm still wondering if he was going to make some "lean" aka "purple drank" with the arizona watermelon juice cocktail and the skittles. He was only lacking the cough syrup.I've watched the 7-11 tapes to see if he was trying to buy cough syrup too that night. You can see he asks the clerk for something behind the counter and the clerk refuses. Lotta speculation.
I've never heard of that drink before. Bleh, it sounds disgusting. But now that you mention it and based on the evidence, specualtion yes but also highly plausible. Suppose, he had cough syrup at home? Neither the Skittles or the juice coctail had been opened, which suggests he was saving them til he got home instead of consuming them along the way.

You should check out the texts. Entertained me for a whole day. Almost started a thread on it, but the verdict came in and everybodys attention shifted so...

They're on the gzlegal site. I posted the link in another thread but didn't save it. Defendants third supplemental discovery.

Figuring out who said what in multi-party conversations in at least three output formats, all heavily redacted and written in slang and abbreviations was a blast.

Painted the picture I expected actually. M wasn't a bad kid. Turns out as best I can figure that all the gun stuff was one episode of him getting a friend a gun to protect themselves from their dad's gun-crazy girlfriend. Not the best solution, maybe, but all the gun stuff seems to be around this one time for this one attempted purchase. Ultimately the person got their own .38 for a hundred dollars.

Like I said, I think you would find it interesting and fun to puzzle through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom