• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trumps wife use some of Michelles speech?

Did trumps wife use Obama's wife speech at RNC

• Yes she did

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • No she did not

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Did Trumps wife use some of Obama,s wife speech yes or no?

OMG --- how many of these threads do we need???

about as many as Hillary's email post since that's the way its done these days

Why is this is a poll? It's not a matter of opinion.

It wasn't word for word but, the difference is meaning what you say. Mike didn't believe a word of her comments.

I heard someone on the radio say the Twittersphere went from "Hey, Trump's wife is hot," to "She just lifted Michelle Obama's speech." in like 5 seconds.

Looking at the commonality of not just the words themselves, but the order of the words and of the entire phrases, the probability that she did not plagiarize Michelle Obama's words...is vanishingly minuscule.

I heard someone on the radio say the Twittersphere went from "Hey, Trump's wife is hot," to "She just lifted Michelle Obama's speech." in like 5 seconds.

Yep, #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes took off quite fast this morning.

OMG --- how many of these threads do we need???

When you and the rest of the right wingers make various threads on the same topic, do you rush into them telling people how many we need? Seems kind of out of place for you. Anywho, I voted yes. She clearly did. Whether it has been done before by others is irrelevant. She can be added to the list.

Clearly. The really interesting thing about it though is the chaos that it has revealed about Trump's campaign machine (such as it is). Nobody knows who's responsible for the plagiarism, nobody's taking blame, assigning blame, there are conflicting stories (the campaign spokesman claimed a "team of writers" wrote the speech while Melania claimed she had "as little help as possible")...the whole thing is just a bloody mess.

Giant who cares. It isn't like this hasn't been done by Hillary, Obama, and Michelle.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Yes, but does anybody really care?

You can be assured that this will never be forgotten.

I just shake my head at the number of threads on this when Nice and Dallas have just happened and when nobody has any interest in the murder of Qandell Baloch.

NO , they were two lines that were similar . and she gave that speech in her FIFTH language , And she never once said " For the first time , I'm proud to be an America " but Michelle DID !!!
I guess everyone forgot about Joe Biden , Obama , and Hillary coping large portions of speeches , and in Biden's case the entire speech ! :shock:

NO , they were two lines that were similar . and she gave that speech in her FIFTH language , And she never once said " For the first time , I'm proud to be an America " but Michelle DID !!!
I guess everyone forgot about Joe Biden , Obama , and Hillary coping large portions of speeches , and in Biden's case the entire speech ! :shock:

I guess it's OK that Trump is just like Biden, Obama, and Hillary then, huh?

LOL! Your POLL title is different from the question in your initial post.

The legit question is--did she use some similarly worded concepts that came from her own experience?

The answer is yes.

And so what?

This whole kerfuffle is Trump's best manipulation of the Media thus far in the campaign......but there are probably plenty more to come.

I watched the CNN anchorman (who was almost in tears--panties twisted into knots) trying for 20 minutes to make the Trump guy admit they'd done something wrong. Trump guy calmly says no, they didn't do anything wrong.

Anchorman was almost to the point of pounding his fist on the desk and screaming. He yells, "We can see.....anybody can see that it was PLAGIARISM!!!" He called the Trump guy a liar and then, a minute later, denied that he had called him a liar.

In other words, on national TV, the CNN anchor lied about calling the Trump guy a liar......and when the Trump guy started laughing at him he just looked totally confused and went to commercial.

One of the funniest TV interviews ever. That's what Trump does......he makes the Media look like fools......which is one reason everybody loves him.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

Last edited:
All evidence make it clear she did, but... I do not believe she wrote it herself (just a gut feeling), and that it was actually written by some young staffer/speech writer who was too inexperienced and naive to know that somebody would notice.

Having said that, I do think it's worthy to be called out, but I also think it's silly to belabor it for days and weeks.

Back
Top Bottom