• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump screw the pooch with his comments about Mr & Mrs Khan

• Total voters
I agree - and I'd just add, in my view, the identity politics the Democrats played on this one will likely irritate a lot of voters who were/are on the fence just as much as it satisfied the Hillary sycophants. Going out of their way to find Muslim parents who lost their son over a decade ago so they could present a "Muslims good, service to your country good" narrative when many believe Democrats have little respect for those who serve their country and bend over backwards not to offend Islamic terrorists, will be seen for what it is.

But here is the thing, why dont we know now? A lot of hours have passed, we should know how this is playing out in the land. The D ELITE are holding this rant up as the Primo moment of the convention (in no small part because the Hillary speech was flat and few seem to care what The Professor says anymore) and we hear a lot off approval of this political broadside from both the D and the R ELITE....they both love the rant.....but what does America think?

THe more hours we go without the "journalists" shining light on this the more likely it is that the answer is not what the ELITE would wish.

Yes or no
No other pls explain option. A simple call using impartial judgement

I am not sure I understand. We all know what Trump is and why he seems to be a really horrible choice of a candidate. But his bad manners and mouth that outpaces his thinking the way we continously see happen are lesser problems. As a matter of facr, they are good, because they might anger and alienate enough people so he isn't elected. But the important reasons are others.

Its another misstep, one of many, seems to be a weekly occurrence. The game changer will be the first debate, lets wait and see if the Don decides to be a no show.

I agree - and I'd just add, in my view, the identity politics the Democrats played on this one will likely irritate a lot of voters who were/are on the fence just as much as it satisfied the Hillary sycophants. Going out of their way to find Muslim parents who lost their son over a decade ago so they could present a "Muslims good, service to your country good" narrative when many believe Democrats have little respect for those who serve their country and bend over backwards not to offend Islamic terrorists, will be seen for what it is.

But what did you see in the media about the Muslim Mullah who gave the closing prayer one night at the GOP convention? I heard crickets chirping somewhere in the silence.

Its another misstep, one of many, seems to be a weekly occurrence. The game changer will be the first debate, lets wait and see if the Don decides to be a no show.

#48 in the list of things that the ELITE prayed would end the nightmare of the Rebellion.

They will be found to be wrong.

THey are always wrong.

Hillary's not stupid - she's scary smart, perhaps even more so than her Rhodes-scholar husband, as you'd realize if you weren't so wrapped up inside the right-wing echo chamber.

Oh, wait - I forgot! If somebody's both highly educated and really smart, he or she MUST be a left-winger and therefore can't be trusted, huh?

However, Trump's not stupid, either - it's just that he has no empathy, no understanding of what others go through. Why do you think that he's so thin-skinned, but doesn't grasp how badly he screws himself by insulting so many others? The man is a psychiatric basket case...but since he's not Hillary, y'all will vote for him no matter what, even if he - as he himself bragged - stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot somebody. You'd still vote for him anyway.

I saw a FB post that sent me pondering.

There are four past presidents still alive. Two democrats, two republicans. There is also one current sitting president.

Of all the people alive now, that REALLY, REALLY knows what the job of POTUS is like and what it takes to do it, NONE of them endorse Donald Trump. Not a single one.

Q. What does that tell you?
A. It tells a Trump supporter absolutely nothing.

Therefore, would it really matter if Trump screwed the pooch or not? THESE are the people Trump was talking about when he was cracking wise about standing in the middle of 5th Avenue and blowing people away.

Just doesn't matter to them.
View attachment 67205019

Last edited:
#48 in the list of things that the ELITE prayed would end the nightmare of the Rebellion.

THey are always wrong.

"Rebellion." :lamo

But here is the thing, why dont we know now? A lot of hours have passed, we should know how this is playing out in the land. The D ELITE are holding this rant up as the Primo moment of the convention (in no small part because the Hillary speech was flat and few seem to care what The Professor says anymore) and we hear a lot off approval of this political broadside from both the D and the R ELITE....they both love the rant.....but what does America think?

THe more hours we go without the "journalists" shining light on this the more likely it is that the answer is not what the ELITE would wish.

That is because the rank and file American no longer pay much attention to what the ELITE from either party say--we've been lied to too many time, and we see their faux outrage as nothing more than an attempt to maintain the status quo that allows them to increase their power, influence, prestige, and personal wealth no matter who is in the White House. Of course they want Hillary instead of Trump. She won't rock the boat. They are pretty sure he will.

Hillary's not stupid - she's scary smart, perhaps even more so than her Rhodes-scholar husband, as you'd realize if you weren't so wrapped up inside the right-wing echo chamber.

Oh, wait - I forgot! If somebody's both highly educated and really smart, he or she MUST be a left-winger and therefore can't be trusted, huh?

However, Trump's not stupid, either - it's just that he has no empathy, no understanding of what others go through. Why do you think that he's so thin-skinned, but doesn't grasp how badly he screws himself by insulting so many others? The man is a psychiatric basket case...but since he's not Hillary, y'all will vote for him no matter what, even if he - as he himself bragged - stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot somebody. You'd still vote for him anyway.

All the Don had to do was to briefly say his heart goes out to the family for there sons sacrifice but I disagree and let it rest. But the Don just could not keep his trap shut. In addition he finds it difficult to feel empathy, a trait i will let others psycoanlalyze.

THey are always wrong.

I have no idea what you are babbling about, an explanation is not necessary.

I saw a FB post that sent me pondering.

There are four past presidents still alive. Two democrats, two republicans. There is also one current sitting president.

Of all the people alive now, that REALLY, REALLY knows what the job of POTUS is like and what it takes to do it, NONE of them endorse Donald Trump. Not a single one.

Q. What does that tell you?
A. It tells a Trump supporter absolutely nothing.

Therefore, would it really matter if Trump screwed the pooch or not? THESE are the people Trump was talking about when he was cracking wise about standing in the middle of 5th Avenue and blowing people away.

Just doesn't matter to them.
View attachment 67205019

Two of them are liberal Democrats who wouldn't endorse a Republican no matter who he or she was. One of them is hoping to be back in the White House and in power again. You expect HIM to endorse Donald Trump? Two of them are related to a vanquished candidate that Trump said uncomplimentary things about. They aren't going to endorse Trump because their feelings are hurt. And while I understand that, it disappoints me that they would throw the election to somebody like Hillary rather than elect the better candidate that they have a personal grudge against. That's what it tells me.

Trump will lose either way in November, but this doesn't make it any worse for him because his base is largely a bunch of bigots that eat this stuff up. That said, he screwed himself out of winning in November the day he announced and destroyed any chance he had of winning enough Hispanic votes to win in November.

Yes or no
No other pls explain option. A simple call using impartial judgement

He should have either 1) ignored him completely, or 2) simply stated that "it's sad that Captain Khan's selfless sacrifice to his country is being used as a political tool by the Democratic Party" and then ignored it from that point forward and not mentioned the father or mother at all.

Not really. He does stuff like his all the time, and it doesn't seem to really effect him or his chances.

It's kind of a working formula for him, honestly.

It's true, Trump persists in putting his foot in his mouth. However, even though most of Donald Trump's egotistical mean-spirited insults towards others appear to suffer no consequences regarding his base, I'm not so sure he'll be allowed to get away with such during the current General Election. The parents of the solder who gave his life to protect his troops painted Trump as a man without a moral compass and devoid of human decency.

Trump will lose either way in November, but this doesn't make it any worse for him because his base is largely a bunch of bigots that eat this stuff up. That said, he screwed himself out of winning in November the day he announced and destroyed any chance he had of winning enough Hispanic votes to win in November.

After the comment Trump made about McCain being a looser for being caught and captured, this Vet decided then and there not to give him my vote. And I am not the only Vet who is doing exactly the same. He has no buisness leading the most powerful military in the world. It was a spit in the face to all who are now or have served, screw him and his 6 Vietman deferments.

THey are always wrong.

What "rebellion"? There's no "rebellion". There's Donald Trump making a buffon of himself, a bunch of idiots blindly following him around, Putin chuckling loudly in the corner and Hilary getting smugger with every dumb **** statement the Donald makes.

After the comment Trump made about McCain being a looser for being caught and captured, this Vet decided then and there not to give him my vote. And I am not the only Vet who is doing exactly the same. He has no buisness leading the most powerful military in the world. It was a spit in the face to all who are now or have served, screw him and his 6 Vietman deferments.

Many missed that with his attack on McCain, I did not. He slandered all Veterans who were POW's. He denigrated the families of those that were POW's and the POW's who died from NV torture, starvation, lack of medical care, and those that were summarily executed.

It's almost as though somebody in the DNC says 'what could we do that would make Trump look like an uncaring, bigoted demagogue? I know, lets have the parents of a brave Muslim soldier killed defending this country get up and speak at the convention. Trump will immediately go on the attack like the racist asshole that he is.'

It's like they wrote the script for him.

Many missed that with his attack on McCain, I did not. He slandered all Veterans who were POW's. He denigrated the families of those that were POW's and the POW's who died from NV torture, starvation, lack of medical care, and those that were summarily executed.

Many things Trump says go over my head, that one hit home, as it should do with all who have served. I have no problem reminding my fellow Vets of Trumps contempt for Sen McCains service.

The Vietnam service consisted of 6 deferments while banging models, a true American hero my ass.

What "rebellion"? There's no "rebellion". There's Donald Trump making a buffon of himself, a bunch of idiots blindly following him around, Putin chuckling loudly in the corner and Hilary getting smugger with every dumb **** statement the Donald makes.

There is a rebellion against the ELITE taking place all around this planet, it has been going on for years, it started with the Arab Spring.

If you are not keeping up then of course you will never understand that which is going on around you.

There is a rebellion against the ELITE taking place all around this planet, it has been going on for years, it started with the Arab Spring.

If you are not keeping up then of course you will never understand that which is going on around you.

The same Arab Spring that you've been complaining about pretty much non stop since Libya went pear shaped?

That is because the rank and file American no longer pay much attention to what the ELITE from either party say--we've been lied to too many time, and we see their faux outrage as nothing more than an attempt to maintain the status quo that allows them to increase their power, influence, prestige, and personal wealth no matter who is in the White House. Of course they want Hillary instead of Trump. She won't rock the boat. They are pretty sure he will.

And it is not just in politics that the Elite have blown their wad of credibility, and not just in America.

THis is much bigger than that.

The same Arab Spring that you've been complaining about pretty much non stop since Libya went pear shaped?

Did I know you over at A2K?

Yes, I said within 24 hours of the decision that the West entering that civil war was a mistake, and I was proven right, which is not unusual in the least.

However, as smart as I am I did not predict at the time that the Rebellion would take off as it has, would spread to most every part of the globe, would propel someone like Trump to take over one of the two parties that matter.... powered by the Rebellion. I mean I had hopes, but I did not see at the time how deeply confidence in the ELITE has melted down.

Back
Top Bottom