• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump screw the pooch with his comments about Mr & Mrs Khan

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Yes or no
No other pls explain option. A simple call using impartial judgement

Yes or no

Not really. He does stuff like his all the time, and it doesn't seem to really effect him or his chances.

It's kind of a working formula for him, honestly.

Yes or no

I said no, only because this is pretty much par for the course for him and his supporters really don't care what an ignorant, self-centered, dishonest asshole he is, as long as he's not Hillary Clinton.

I don't really see him drawing too many more voters who haven't already made up their minds to vote for him.

Yes or no

Trump screws the pooch whenever his lips move.

Alligator mouth, Tweety Bird brain.

I said no, only because this is pretty much par for the course for him and his supporters really don't care what an ignorant, self-centered, dishonest asshole he is, as long as he's not Hillary Clinton.

I don't really see him drawing too many more voters who haven't already made up their minds to vote for him.

Understood, but he handled it like an ass. So my opinion is he screwed the pooch

Understood, but he handled it like an ass. So my opinion is he screwed the pooch

He's handled everything like an ass. Hasn't hurt him so far with the legions of brain-dead who think he's anything but a carnival barker.

Trump screws the pooch whenever his lips move.

Alligator mouth, Tweety Bird brain.

Perhaps he could use a ventriloquist?
He may hurt for a while, but think of the upside.

Trump handled it poorly. He should have called them out with more vigour. He held back trying to be nice. It was a mistake, let Trump be Trump.

NO. This is a media driven non-issue. Wont sway a single vote. Its enough to have ten threads here, but non political junkies couldn't care less.

Trump handled it poorly. He should have called them out with more vigour. He held back trying to be nice. It was a mistake, let Trump be Trump.

So in other words he should have acted in a way that would lose him more independent voters.

He's handled everything like an ass. Hasn't hurt him so far with the legions of brain-dead who think he's anything but a carnival barker.

is there anyone out there who actually thinks Hillary is all that smart?

So in other words he should have acted in a way that would lose him more independent voters.

I dont know that...I know that the elite liked the rant, but I dont know that the little people did.

Hillary is not the topic of the thread.

sure she is-if you call Trump stupid it has to be in comparison to his rival.

I dont know that...I know that the elite liked the rant, but I dont know that the little people did.

Let's see...... A man whose son was killed in action, or a man who said avoiding STDs was "his Vietnam"?

I know who I think is the better man.

Yes or no

Yeah, he screwed the pooch...but he's done that so many times so far that the pooch is begging to go to a proctologist.

But then, Trump did say that he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and people would still vote for him...

...and we see the proof of that claim right here with quite a few of the right-wingers here on DP.

Yes or no

Yes, for me he did. He has proven himself to be a bigot. Like minded bigots and those wanting throw out Muslims will still fully back him.

Yes or no

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone claimed Donald Trump finally "screwed the pooch" with some stupid or ill conceived comment he made.

The Khans are totally irrelevant to the decision most people will make for President. Sure, they play well to the perpetually outraged liberal talking heads who have their panties in a twist every time Trump opens his mouth. Frankly, I think the majority of Trump supporters, if not all of them, like him because he makes liberals wet their pants on a regular basis.

So, no, this will have no particular or lasting impact on the November election.

sure she is-if you call Trump stupid it has to be in comparison to his rival.

Hillary's not stupid - she's scary smart, perhaps even more so than her Rhodes-scholar husband, as you'd realize if you weren't so wrapped up inside the right-wing echo chamber.

Oh, wait - I forgot! If somebody's both highly educated and really smart, he or she MUST be a left-winger and therefore can't be trusted, huh?

However, Trump's not stupid, either - it's just that he has no empathy, no understanding of what others go through. Why do you think that he's so thin-skinned, but doesn't grasp how badly he screws himself by insulting so many others? The man is a psychiatric basket case...but since he's not Hillary, y'all will vote for him no matter what, even if he - as he himself bragged - stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot somebody. You'd still vote for him anyway.

Yes, for me he did. He has proven himself to be a bigot. Like minded bigots and those wanting throw out Muslims will still fully back him.

He proved himself to be a bigot (or at least someone who shamelessly panders to bigots) months and months ago.

Let's see...... A man whose son was killed in action, or a man who said avoiding STDs was "his Vietnam"?

I know who I think is the better man.

That is not the question, the question is does having your sons life wasted in an ill conceived war in the Middle East give one standing to get up in prime time night 4 of the DNC to give the nation a lecture on the Constitutional rights of muslims. Does it give his words any more weight that anyone elses.

I say no.

But then again I am apposed to victim culture, that which is being used to justify this political volley, and is also being used to try to invalidate Trumps defense to this offense.

But where are the people? I know where the elite are but where are the people who will choose the next POTUS, how is this exchange going over with them? I dont know, I am waiting for more information (apparently JANFU is as well) . I know I found this stolen valor on the part of the parents to be offensive, this poor prioritizing by the parents unconvincing.

This is what I said in a different thread:
" Sir, your boy died for nothing. He died because your leaders were incompetent and they lied to him and they sent him to a war that should have never been fought, one that has cost us over $2.3 trillion so far a number that will keep growing till all of those brave young people die. A lot of them have limbs missing, and brain injuries, and PTSD, life is a challenge for them, and none of that would have happened had you had even minimally competent leadership. But Trump, the one guy in all this time who has had a problem with that and has been willing to talk about it, it is Trump you want to bitch about?

OK, I guess, if you think you have to, but if it were me I think would make a different choice if I were in your shoes".

Last edited:
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone claimed Donald Trump finally "screwed the pooch" with some stupid or ill conceived comment he made.

The Khans are totally irrelevant to the decision most people will make for President. Sure, they play well to the perpetually outraged liberal talking heads who have their panties in a twist every time Trump opens his mouth. Frankly, I think the majority of Trump supporters, if not all of them, like him because he makes liberals wet their pants on a regular basis.

So, no, this will have no particular or lasting impact on the November election.

This is true. Those voting for Donald Trump are not the stupid, low information, uneducated, hate filled, etc. etc. etc. people that the liberals and their surrogate media want to believe they are. Most of us are quite well educated, experienced in the way the world works, and frustrated that liberalism thinks speaking good intentions are sufficient to make the world work perfectly. Most of us cringe every time Trump makes one of those kinds of remarks--it bothers us too--but we also are objective enough to see what he is actually saying instead of how the leftists and their media spin it. And you have to give him props for knowing just what chain to pull to get the media and the leftwingers on Facebook and on message boards etc. talking about him and sucking all the air out of the room for his opponent.

This is true. Those voting for Donald Trump are not the stupid, low information, uneducated, hate filled, etc. etc. etc. people that the liberals and their surrogate media want to believe they are. Most of us are quite well educated, experienced in the way the world works, and frustrated that liberalism thinks speaking good intentions are sufficient to make the world work perfectly. Most of us cringe every time Trump makes one of those kinds of remarks--it bothers us too--but we also are objective enough to see what he is actually saying instead of how the leftists and their media spin it. And you have to give him props for knowing just what chain to pull to get the media and the leftwingers on Facebook and on message boards etc. talking about him and sucking all the air out of the room for his opponent.

I agree - and I'd just add, in my view, the identity politics the Democrats played on this one will likely irritate a lot of voters who were/are on the fence just as much as it satisfied the Hillary sycophants. Going out of their way to find Muslim parents who lost their son over a decade ago so they could present a "Muslims good, service to your country good" narrative when many believe Democrats have little respect for those who serve their country and bend over backwards not to offend Islamic terrorists, will be seen for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom