• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump screw himself over?

Did Trump screw himself over?

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Given how differential the DOJ has been in getting the government’s property back. After 18 months of basically asking Trump to give it back, the FBI finally tries to quietly execute a search warrant.

This tells me that, very likely, if the search had stayed quiet, this probably would have been the end of it.

Trump had to publicize it and freak out, as he does. This forced America Garland to respond to revealing which crimes they are looking at to the public, basically Trump was his own shit hitting the fan here.

My view is that Trump was given several outs, and where we go from here is 100% on him.

Agree or disagree?

Yes, Trump screwed himself by running for office to try and fix our corrupt government. If he had never done that his life would be much better right now.

I think Trump only publicized it after it was already written up by the WP, but yes, its all on him.

Given how differential the DOJ has been in getting the government’s property back. After 18 months of basically asking Trump to give it back, the FBI finally tries to quietly execute a search warrant.

This tells me that, very likely, if the search had stayed quiet, this probably would have been the end of it.

Trump had to publicize it and freak out, as he does. This forced America Garland to respond to revealing which crimes they are looking at to the public, basically Trump was his own shit hitting the fan here.

My view is that Trump was given several outs, and where we go from here is 100% on him.

Agree or disagree?

What trump did is the equivalent of being pulled over and yelling at the officer, "You can't search my trunk for the bodies! They were planted!"

So where do you think the officer is going to look?

Did Trump screw himself over?​

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Seriously, Trump has been screwing himself over for decades. His lies, his contradictions, his candid admissions, .... . He acts as if he's 100% certain that no matter what he says of does, his idiot acolytes will still insist on circling the wagons to come to his defense. And he's been right so far.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any votes." ~ Donald Trump

Did Trump screw himself over?​

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Seriously, Trump has been screwing himself over for decades. His lies, his contradictions, his candid admissions, .... . He acts as if he's 100% certain that no matter what he says of does, his idiot acolytes will still insist on circling the wagons to come to his defense. And he's been right so far.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any votes." ~ Donald Trump
$10 billion sounds gooder, lets just go with that.

Yes, Trump screwed himself by running for office to try and fix our corrupt government. If he had never done that his life would be much better right now.
So would have ours....

I guess this just wasn't Trump's time. Maybe 1930's, in Europe ... that might have worked out for him.

Meanwhile, substantially all of Trump's troubles he has brought upon himself. Taking documents that did not belong to him and not returning them when asked (actually demanded), was just dumb (not to mention, in this case, criminal)

Agree or disagree?

I think it was colossal stupidity on Trumps part that got us here, rather than insidious plans

No.
Trump screwed himself by running for office to try to exploit a corrupt government - which he did quite successfully for 4 years.
If he had never done that, his life would be much better right now, though not nearly as rich as he made himself while in office.

Back
Top Bottom