• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump not really want to win in 16?

Did Trump really not want to win ?

• I don't think he did but glad he did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't think he did, wish he hadnt

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • He seems to like the job so doesn't matter

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Doing excellent job so doesn't matter

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He wanted to win in theory, at least. But since Trump is among the most lazy organisms in existence, he probably felt a great deal of relief when Kushner said he'd run the show and Trump could watch TV and golf all day.

What, you think Trump does any actual work as president?

i would tend to doubt that he didn't want to win.

Did Trump not want to win in 16?

Of course he didn't not want to win.

After all, he spent a LOT of effort, time and money...not to mention running a brilliant campaign and kicking Hillary's ass to the curb.

I still believe his first run was a P.R. ploy.

IMO he really wanted to win.

Trump was born in 1946, an early Baby Boomer. He grew up in the early years of American development as a Super-Power, for a while the 1st and only until the USSR effectively "stole" the secrets of the Atomic Bomb.

He was raised with the ideal of American exceptionalism, as was I. Just about every kid back then dreamed of being President someday. And thought the USA was the greatest nation on Earth.

IMO Trump wanted to succeed in his chosen business, and once done that, turned his sights on the Presidency. According to this article, his first efforts were back in 1987, his first actual attempt in 2000, and so on. Here's a Timeline of Every Time Donald Trump Ran for President | TV Guide

So IMO he has always wanted to be President, fished for a Democrat nod and never got it, then he finally ran in 2015-2016 seeking the Republican party nomination as a serious contender.

I think he wants the job so much that he'll do anything to keep it. THAT'S what concerns this poster.

IMO that's your confirmation bias speaking. :shrug:

Trump has already gotten what he's always wanted.

But for the same reasons he ran (as I expressed above), and despite those who denigrate his innate patriotism, IMO he truly believes in those ideals of American Constitutionalism he was raised with.

He will not "do anything" to keep it. If he wins reelection, he will serve his second term and retire. If he loses "fair and square" then IMO he will leave office with no fuss and muss.

That's if there is no "problem" with the "count" caused by this rush to create a problem via "mass" mail-in voting.

Like AL Gore, if there are any shenanigans Trump might "sue."

Then again it seems the Democrats are already aiming to challenge the election results if THEY lose.

Just like they did back in 2016. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Trump got exactly what he wanted in 2016, more attention than a person would ever know what to do with.

Making excuses y he lost?

Like what?

Hillary was just too awesome.
..I could barely type that..may have to go hurl

Knucklehead poll.

The correct answer is not even there. He wanted to win he just never expected to.

BTW, the guy clearly hates being President.

Knucklehead poll.

The correct answer is not even there. He wanted to win he just never expected to.

BTW, the guy clearly hates being President.
No evidence of that

But wishful thinking is sometime an enjoyable passtime

Back
Top Bottom