• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Trump cave on the shutdown

Simple answer - No.

1. He removed the ability for anyone to continue blaming him for the shutdown by ending it. He also gets credit for being the one who put government employees back to work.

2. The Dems were in a box of their own making. They won't give him money for a wall. Period. Trump made their box a little bit smaller. He set a deadline. They have to give him money for a wall or they will be responsible for shutting down the government.

This is totally a win for Trump and Chuck and Nancy know it. That's why those two are doing their best to spin it otherwise and why Nancy is trying so hard to deflect back to the Trump/Russia nonsense.

It must be tough being this delusional. He got nothing out of this shutdown. We've only returned to the normal battleground of the status quo. He doesn't deserve credit for "resolving" a crisis of his own making. This imaginary angle that he has "leverage" won't work because with him caving, it has proven that a new shutdown would not a fruitful endeavor. He can get more money for border security which he'll trumpet as a victory but he's not getting money for a wall.

And some of them come across where there is no wall. More come under the walled sections or unwalled sections in tunnels. More come in on boats and in cars, or trucks.

You ignore the rest of my post for convenience. Why?

Because you lied when you said tens of thousands of illegals DON'T come here illegally.

They have always been open to building a barrier as long as it wasn't for Trump while it was perfectly fine for Obama. I need someone to explain to me how Democratic proposals for securing the border actually stop illegals from coming into the country in the first place. I don't see it. All of their proposals revolve around catching these people after they already enter the country, which is exactly what the illegals want because they want to cross the border, be arrested, and then claim asylum. Convince me that Democratic proposals for border security will stop illegals from crossing the border so they can't be arrested and claim asylum because they will never get here in the first place.

You need to turn off that wingnut media you consume. This post is wholly wrong.

Trump does not give a s--T about people not working or getting paid ...what got to him was not being able to have the State of the union address This is the only reason shutdown has stopped... think about it!!!!

It's all made up stuff. I would not waste my time.

I don't play in the sandbox.

There wasn't anything to make up. I asked someone to explain to me how Democratic policies on border security would actually keep people out. From what I understand, their policies revolve on catching illegals better after they are already here but that's what illegals want in the first place. They want to illegally cross the border, put their hands up, let themselves get arrested, and claim asylum. From what I understand, Democratic policies on smart/virtual walls, drones, etc do nothing to stop the people from getting here. They only facilitate finding these people and arresting them, which is what they really want in the first place. If you claim I am wrong on that then please answer my question and enlighten me as to how Democratic policies regarding border security actually stop these people in the first place so that we don't have to arrest them because they won't get in. I really want to know.

There wasn't anything to make up. I asked someone to explain to me how Democratic policies on border security would actually keep people out. From what I understand, their policies revolve on catching illegals better after they are already here but that's what illegals want in the first place. They want to illegally cross the border, put their hands up, let themselves get arrested, and claim asylum. From what I understand, Democratic policies on smart/virtual walls, drones, etc do nothing to stop the people from getting here. They only facilitate finding these people and arresting them, which is what they really want in the first place. If you claim I am wrong on that then please answer my question and enlighten me as to how Democratic policies regarding border security actually stop these people in the first place so that we don't have to arrest them because they won't get in. I really want to know.

just curious?

why has it suddenly become the.most.important agenda for the president of the united states to keep out workers who have been coming here to work for American employers for decades?

Republicans have used those illegal immigrant workers as political pawns for decades but they never really had any intention of cutting off that cheap productive labor for their constituents. Why do you think republicans always defeat everify whenever it is put into an immigration bill.

Trump fires up his base by demonizing the hispanic migrants and promises to wall them out. Reality is republicans in congress don't want this to happen.

Even trump who demonizes the hispanic workers at every opportunity never brings up the Americans hiring them. Could be because a large portion of his own work force is illegal

Back
Top Bottom