• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Trayvon tell Zim to "Get off me!"

Gladiator

Verifier
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Zim says Trayvon knocked Zim to the ground. Dee Dee says she heard the sound of grass, and heard Trayvon tell Zim to "Get off me!"

Before that, Dee Dee heard Trayvon say, "Get your hands off me." This sounds more like Zim knocked Trayvon down, then Trayvon was able to get on top, after a scuffle in the grass. Did Trayvon throw his first punches, after Zim had knocked him down, and not till after Trayvon was able to get out from underneath of Zim?

Does this show more of a murderous intent in Zim's mind?

I don't remember Zim claiming he asked Trayvon to ge off him. Zim just said he called for help.

//

The simple answer is no.
In addition, what she said is beneficial to the Defense.

Here are the problems with that.
It was added after the fact. And opinion on her believability is all over the place.

It has been shown that she has assumed a great deal, and she has been shown to have lied as well as stated things to not upset Sybina.
Making her even more less credible.
Secondly, she has already stated that T & Z sound similar, so how could she accurately say who it was?
The truth is she can't.

Last edited:
Zim says Trayvon knocked Zim to the ground. Dee Dee says she heard the sound of grass, and heard Trayvon tell Zim to "Get off me!"

Before that, Dee Dee heard Trayvon say, "Get your hands off me." This sounds more like Zim knocked Trayvon down, then Trayvon was able to get on top, after a scuffle in the grass. Did Trayvon throw his first punches, after Zim had knocked him down, and not till after Trayvon was able to get out from underneath of Zim?

Does this show more of a murderous intent in Zim's mind?

I don't remember Zim claiming he asked Trayvon to ge off him. Zim just said he called for help.

//

Yes, her very credible testimony is really going to send Zimmerman away all right.

<sarcasm off>

George Zimmerman is a murderer and a confirmed liar. Hope he goes far, far away.

7:11:33 — Zimmerman tells the police dispatcher that Trayvon Martin is running.
7:11:59 — In reply to the dispatcher's question, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman says, "Yes." Dispatcher states, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replies, "OK."
7:12:00 - 7:12:59 — The girl calls Martin again at some point during this minute.[15]
7:13:10 — Zimmerman says he does not know where Martin is.

Map of the Retreat at Twin Lakes 7:13:41 — Zimmerman's call to Sanford police ends.[15]
7:16:00 - 7:16:59 — Martin's call from the girl goes dead during this minute.[15][16]
7:16:11 — First 911 call from witness about a fight, calls for help heard.[17]
7:16:55 — Gunshot heard on 911 call.[18]

Following the shooting:

So somewhere in the 7:13 to 7:15 time frame, Dee Dee hears the workds, "Get your hands off me" and "Get off of me", in what she says is Trayvon's voice.
Timeline of the shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://viewfromll2.com/2012/04/05/minute-by-minute-timeline-of-trayvon-martins-death/

//

Last edited:
7:11:33 — Zimmerman tells the police dispatcher that Trayvon Martin is running.
7:11:59 — In reply to the dispatcher's question, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman says, "Yes." Dispatcher states, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replies, "OK."
7:12:00 - 7:12:59 — The girl calls Martin again at some point during this minute.[15]
7:13:10 — Zimmerman says he does not know where Martin is.

Map of the Retreat at Twin Lakes 7:13:41 — Zimmerman's call to Sanford police ends.[15]
7:16:00 - 7:16:59 — Martin's call from the girl goes dead during this minute.[15][16]
7:16:11 — First 911 call from witness about a fight, calls for help heard.[17]
7:16:55 — Gunshot heard on 911 call.[18]

Following the shooting:

So somewhere in the 7:13 to 7:15 time frame, Dee Dee hears the workds, "Get your hands off me" and "Get off of me", in what she says is Trayvon's voice.
Timeline of the shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some where between the end of that call and after her contact with Crump, she made up the "little get off".

Considering that all the witnesses we've heard place Zimmerman on Martin during the entire confrontation it seems logical that at first he said get off. Makes total sense.

Now if all the witnesses had placed Martin on Zimmerman the entire time then DeeDee's statement would seem suspect but given what we know now it seems she's telling the truth.

Two things I believe are abundantly clear to the naked eye:

1. In a foot race, Trayvon Martin could have run around twenty city blocks in the time it would take for George Zimmerman to run 50 feet. If Martin feared he was being stalked, his escape was easy.

2. Not looking at the nice baby shot that the Martin family shared with the media and the media shows off every time they speak about TM, but looking at the young man as he was at the time of the incident, I highly doubt that pudgy, soft Zimmerman was knocking down Martin. It would have had to been a sneak attack to be possible, and from the testamony of the young lady he was on the phone with, Martin appears to have been watching Zimmerman pretty closely.

Considering that all the witnesses we've heard place Zimmerman on Martin during the entire confrontation it seems logical that at first he said get off. Makes total sense.

Yes, several witnesses saw Zimmerman on top. Now my theory has always been that when two people are wrestling they will swap places, but Zimmerman claimed he was never on top, which is contradicted by witnesses. In fact, one witness says "the person who was on top got up after the shooting". That's Zimmerman getting up after he killed Martin.

He claimed he stopped looking for Martin, which Rachel has now shown is a lie. She was, shall we say, brutally honest. The idea that Mr. Crump could write up a script for her to recite is one of the more bizarre theories of the case. Say what you will about her, but she's got no filter. What she said is what she heard.

Huh? Zimmerman on Martin?

Are we watching the same trial?

Huh? Zimmerman on Martin?

Are we watching the same trial?

Do you realize that several of the witnesses saw Zimmerman get up from on top after the shooting? And that one witness saw him, the larger man, on top? Or do you just discount those people as confused, or liars, or both?

Do you realize that several of the witnesses saw Zimmerman get up from on top after the shooting? And that one witness saw him, the larger man, on top? Or do you just discount those people as confused, or liars, or both?

You mean after the gunshot, they looked and saw him get up from on top of Martin... Which is exactly what Zimmerman told police that night.

I wish I could hear grass. I wonder what it would say?

The defense has so far made it clear they only saw after the shot - so their testimony matches up perfectly with Zimmerman. They even had the spanish speaking lady recreat what she did t show the jury that some time occurred between the shot and her getting out there for a look.

The defense has so far made it clear they only saw after the shot - so their testimony matches up perfectly with Zimmerman. They even had the spanish speaking lady recreat what she did t show the jury that some time occurred between the shot and her getting out there for a look.

So after being brutally slammed against the concrete, over and over, and over. And over. And being punched with bricks. He leapt up from his position on his back, straddled the kid in time for everyone to see him on top? He wasn't slow to rise? He wasn't tired from fighting? He wasn't dizzy? He wasn't disabled? He could just leap up and assume a power position in mere seconds?

Well, you're entitled to your opinions.

So after being brutally slammed against the concrete, over and over, and over. And over. And being punched with bricks. He leapt up from his position on his back, straddled the kid in time for everyone to see him on top? He wasn't slow to rise? He wasn't tired from fighting? He wasn't dizzy? He wasn't disabled? He could just leap up and assume a power position in mere seconds?

Look, you can cling to your fantasy all you like, but it is a fact that Zimmerman was on the ground getting the crap beat out of him, and after he shot Martin he testified that he immediately got on top of Martin because he hadn't realized he had actualy shot him, so thought he was still a possible threat.

I just wonder what you are going to do when the defense brings in their expert who will scientifically prove that Martin was on top of Zimmerman when the gun was fired. How are you going to fool yourself into dismissing that?

He shot him then got on top. He's said it from the very beginning. There are enough witnesses, including the one that saw the encounter even before the gun shot and had the best view that saw Trayvon on top. Additionally, the forensics will show that Trayvon was on top - with the stretching of the outer hoodie due to the full can of watermelon drink.

There are even at least two pross witnesses that have described the person on top swinging their arms quickly in a punching type motion. We know trayvon wasn't hit, but Zimmerman was.

Lastly, the witnesseses that the pross have so far put on claim they never saw any changing of position... If that were true, Trayvon would have been shot in the back. He wasn't.

Lastly, the witnesseses that the pross have so far put on claim they never saw any changing of position... If that were true, Trayvon would have been shot in the back. He wasn't.

I keep forgetting that one... How in the hell are the Martin supporters going to explain that?

I keep forgetting that one... How in the hell are the Martin supporters going to explain that?

I would assume they probably didn't even notice. It took me a moment to realize what Omara meant when he first mentioned it in Cross.

I would assume they probably didn't even notice. It took me a moment to realize what Omara meant when he first mentioned it in Cross.

This may be premature, but based on my experience with Martin supporters I think it's a safe bet that...

Alfred has left the building.

This may be premature, but based on my experience with Martin supporters I think it's a safe bet that...

Alfred has left the building.

He probably just thought he saw Elvis. But yes. I've had the same experience.

He probably just thought he saw Elvis. But yes. I've had the same experience.

Oh, please. Some of us have lives. I'll answer you guys tomorrow if it's so damn important to you what I think.

Oh, please. Some of us have lives. I'll answer you guys tomorrow if it's so damn important to you what I think.

Well, you're the one with the theory that Zimmerman was on top when he shot Martin, so we would just like for you to explain how 1) the witnesses who saw Zimmerman on top after the shot, saw him get up, didn't see Martin's body moved, yet Martin was laying on his stomach when we know he was shot in the chest... and 2) how you are going to explain the scientific evidence that the defense is going to introduce that proves the shot was fired with martin on top of Zimmerman?

So what's your answer?

Back
Top Bottom