• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did the refs ruin the Super Bowl?

Peralin said:
There is absolutely no way for you to know whether the calls would've changed the outcome or not. Or are you some prophet? You have no idea what might've happened if that holding call hadn't been called on Locklear. Seahawks might have scored a TD, changed the momentum of the game, and then changed their game plan to guard against a long pass. They would've been up by 3, so they mgiht have gotten conservative. Who knows, the Seahawks might have intercepted Randle-El's pass if that one call hadn't been made. Or maybe Roethlisberger would have cracked under the pressure and thrown an INT. WHO KNOWS?

And by the way, if all the calls had gone Seattle's way they would've had at least 21 points. And the Steelers won the game 21-10. Don't make ridiculous claims about what you think would have happened. The fact is nobody knows what would've happened.

and you think I went out on a limb...? how many "might haves," "what ifs" and "maybes" did you just use to make your claim that the seahawks would have had at least 21 points...? sorry, but the points that were actually laid out in front of each team tell a different story from your novel full of "maybes," "what ifs" and "might haves."

next year - steelers return to the big game while the seahawks don't even make the play-offs.

Navy Pride said:
Bottom line is the Seahawks had the jitters.......They made to many unforced errors.........That is why they lost the game..........

Oh yeah, and the Steelers just played awesome, huh? No, the Steelers sucked as much as the Hawks. Steelers had 3 big plays, while the Seahawks consistently drove the ball...and then got stopped. Don't act like the Steelers are the greatest team in the world just because they won a super bowl. They sucked it up too.

Mark A Shrider said:
and you think I went out on a limb...? how many "might haves," "what ifs" and "maybes" did you just use to make your claim that the seahawks would have had at least 21 points...? sorry, but the points that were actually laid out in front of each team tell a different story from your novel full of "maybes," "what ifs" and "might haves."

next year - steelers return to the big game while the seahawks don't even make the play-offs.

My point was that you are making ridiculous claims about what would have happened when you have no idea! Be realistic! There is absolutely no question that the Seahawks would've had 4 points more if the pass interference had not been called on Jackson. No question, he was in the end zone.

And the other seven might not have happened, but realistically, we all know that the Seahawks would've scorwed a touchdown with 2 yard to go and a 1st down. See, my claims had about a 99% chance of being accurate. Your claim that the Steelers would have won anyways is outrageous and is supported by no evidence.

And Shaun Alexander alone will get the Seahawks into the playoffs, assuming he comes back next year. Why do you have to be so arrogant?

Peralin said:
Oh yeah, and the Steelers just played awesome, huh? No, the Steelers sucked as much as the Hawks. Steelers had 3 big plays, while the Seahawks consistently drove the ball...and then got stopped. Don't act like the Steelers are the greatest team in the world just because they won a super bowl. They sucked it up too.

I thought you said you were over this SB...........Its true the Steelers did not play well but they played better then the Hawks and Cowher completely out coached Holmgrun.........

Its to early to say how good this Steeler team really is but of 22 starters they have 18 under lock and key next year and for the most part they are a very young team that unlike the Hawks have drafted very well in the last few years so they don't have to depend on free agency...

Stay tuned............

I am a huge steeler fan so I also bias...but I get sick of the anti-steeler people...last year they went 15-1 and these same people said they sucked..yet every year the colts make the playoffs all these people said they would destroy the patriots and the steelers and they would win the superbowl even before they play...all because of peyton manning and there OVERRATED offense (that the patriots, chargers and steelers dismantled ...3-4 defs will destroy the colts) when will NFL fans get it...DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! It has proven over and over again...Anyways I had to say that...but as a hardcore steelerfan..there was some questionable calls but every year pittsburgh has a run of wins all these steeler haters evolves..why all the hate...The best team from each conference goes to the superbowl....Seattle choked when they were close to getting a TD and the steelers didn't...BOTTOM LINE!!!

Peralin said:
What's your point?

I don't remember a fumble by Stevens, and Hasselebck's fumble was called back. And there was no question about that call.

In the 3rd quarter Stevens caught a ball along the sideline took 2 steps and fumbled it forward and the Steelers recovered........It was clearly a fumble but the refs didn't allow it becasue there was and inadvertent whistle........

Its true Hasselbach was touched on the fumble but it did no knock him down he took onw or two steps and then went down and fumbled...........

Get realistic on one issue. Jackson was guilty of pass interference in the end zone. Once past five yards, neither the defensive player nor the offensive player may fully extend their arm when contacting the other player.
Good call. It may **** off the Hawks fans, but it was legit.

Back
Top Bottom