• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the President call our troops losers and suckers 2 years ago?

Did the President call our troops losers and suckers 2 years ago?

• Total voters

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A low circulation Democratic magazine ran a story with no sources whatsoever that the President said our troops were losers and suckers two years ago. This became a top nationwide story - instead of real news that 1, 2, 3 Muslim countries recognized Israel for the first time.

Although they only people with any knowledge - and going on record - said it never happened - and to this day not one single person said it is true - do you believe the no-source, no-name personal attack?

Since there is no source to this claim, if you believe it why do you believe it?

Remember, it was Joe Biden who supported sending blacks to prison for decades for offenses whites got probation for. Kamala Harris knowingly sent innocent people to prison to be able to brag of her conviction rate. Although NO source has actually stated Trump ever said any such things - yet Biden declares it a fact - reminds who Joe Biden is.

See how easily those Democrats will send people to prison? Their open belief than any political or other adversary is summarily guilty of even any gossip attack? The open total hatred of the Bill of Rights, presumption of innocence and due process of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris is unlimited. They both believe instead in the Chinese and North Korean system of justice. A vote for Biden/Harris is a vote against the Bill of Rights.

Of course President ***** denies it. How many times has he lied and denied things and people which were found out to be a lie?

He never even knew Stormy.

Of course President ***** denies it. How many times has he lied and denied things and people which were found out to be a lie?

He never even knew Stormy.

We have 10 people on the record, not all of them Trump fans, saying it just isn't true. Will these sources do the same?

We have 10 people on the record, not all of them Trump fans, saying it just isn't true. Will these sources do the same?

Were they with him every minute that day? Even John Bolton said he didn't hear him say it but he wasn't with him the whole time and he felt that was probably something Trump would say.

Just by his refusal to go to the memorial honoring the soldiers' graves give you an idea how worthy he thought they were.

By his standards if you were captured or killed you were a loser.

Were they with him every minute that day? Even John Bolton said he didn't hear him say it but he wasn't with him the whole time and he felt that was probably something Trump would say.

Just by his refusal to go to the memorial honoring the soldiers' graves give you an idea how worthy he thought they were.

I have been following how these reports have progressed so far. I lean more towards "yes" because of how he has treated veterans in the past and because of what you said, but I am not ready to make a definitive choice in either direction. I will wait and see what information, if any, is revealed over the next couple weeks. Maybe I will vote in this thread at that time.

His hair was more important then paying tribute to our fallen WWII soldiers.
I guess he never thought of doing the right thing and using an umbrella
Have a nice day

Since there is no source to this claim, if you believe it why do you believe it?

He's already trashed POWs in public and is well-known for being a garbage person. What's so difficult to believe here?

His comments are entirely consistent with his core values, past statements, way of speaking, his way of thinking of the military as a prop for his own aggrandizement and general behavior, so yup.

Last edited:
His hair was more important then paying tribute to our fallen WWII soldiers.
I guess he never thought of doing the right thing and using an umbrella
Have a nice day

Correction WWI fallen Soldiers

Love how Right Wingers vocally and adamantly bemoan non flattering Trump reporting that uses unnamed sources yet they totally ignore the Right Wing reporting that does the same exact thing, that of using unnamed sources.

Sort of like our ersatz president Dip Stick Donny whining about "unnamed" sources in reporting he doesn't like yet he is often himself every bit, if not more, guilty of doing the exact same thing.

The royal hypocrisy of some Right Wingers, especially stupid Trump and Trump Stupid's is simply amazing!

Entertaining as it is it is sad to see so many folks being to Trump gullible.

Ah well, such is political life.

:2wave:

This game?

How many times has the news media lied?

That kind of "evidence" is no evidence at all, unless there is a FACTUAL basis for the charge being presented.

Excuse me, but when was the burden of proof SWITCHED to the accused?

Instead of denigrating the validity of public witnesses in favor of alleged anonymous sources...why not ask those sources to provide THEIR proof it DID happen?

Isn't that how it is supposed to work? FACTUAL EVIDENCE, not INNUENDO and ASSUMPTION BIAS?

Last edited:
A low circulation Democratic magazine ran a story with no sources whatsoever that the President said our troops were losers and suckers two years ago. This became a top nationwide story - instead of real news that 1, 2, 3 Muslim countries recognized Israel for the first time.

Although they only people with any knowledge - and going on record - said it never happened - and to this day not one single person said it is true - do you believe the no-source, no-name personal attack?

Because why would it be at all controversial to imagine a wealthy elite with a gold toilet crapping on hard work and sacrifice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that he probably said it because it sounds like something Donald Trump would say.

Only 9 people have voted and 8 say he said it, not thinking the OP is going to like the results, neither will trump.

Excuse me, but when was the burden of proof SWITCHED to the accused?

Instead of denigrating the validity of public witnesses in favor of alleged anonymous sources...why not ask those sources to provide THEIR proof it DID happen?

Isn't that how is is supposed to work? FACTUAL EVIDENCE, not INNUENDO and ASSUMPTION BIAS?

And if they came forward you would claim they are all lying. But I do agree, all of them should come forward and trump and his minions can call them all Liars, as they have said about everyone else that has left his service and said what trump is really like, my favorite is still his own sister, a respected Judge, and how she describes Donald.

He didn't go to the memorial service by the recommendation of John Kelly due to the weather. This is also a matter of public record. Anything else you want to throw at the wall to be debunked or no...?

Only 9 people have voted and 8 say he said it, not thinking the OP is going to like the results, neither will trump.

Where any of those people with Trump on the trip? Does anyone know who these unnamed sources are? Does your comment or poll negate that there are people on the record saying it didn't happen?

Where any of those people with Trump on the trip? Does anyone know who these unnamed sources are? Does your comment or poll negate that there are people on the record saying it didn't happen?

They are on record saying they never heard it and they all work for him. The rumor is the two sources on the WWI Cemetery were a high ranking Pentagon Official and a Marine General, the source of the other accusation about what he said to Kelly is not known, but Kelly can verify that one way or the other if he still has any honor left after working for trump, same goes for the other accusers, step up and tell the truth, the American People will believe them.

LOL. That is no evidence of anything.

I did not vote because I don't know for a FACT he did not say such things. I don't THINK he did, but I don't KNOW he did not.

I would have voted for an "Other" option as an honest response. I think other members of like mind would have done so too.

Wait, let me modify my opening statement:

It does show one thing...how over the last couple of years this Forum has seen an increase in the number of people so blinded by their hatred of Trump the man, that they are willing to attribute any evil to him as a given.

That is much worse that partisan bias.

IMO that is based on a deep-seated, thoroughly ingrained emotion-based confirmation bias willing and able to attribute any evil to the man...simply because they are no longer capable of seeing past their hatred.

This Forum has become as bad an echo-chamber as Twitter (which thank God I never signed up for). Just non-stop moral panic efforts to reinforce each other with one "I hate Trump, don't you?" thread after another. All to firm up that belief system as much as possible.

Moral Panic at it's worst.

Last edited:
LOL. That is no evidence of anything.

I did not vote because I don't know for a FACT he did not say such things. I don't THINK he did, but I don't KNOW he did not.

I would have voted for an "Other" option as an honest response. I think other members of like mind would have done so too.

Wait, let me modify my opening statement:

It does show one thing...how over the last couple of years this Forum has seen an increase in the number of people so blinded by their hatred of Trump the man, that they are willing to attribute any evil to him as a given.

That is much worse that partisan bias.

IMO that is based on a deep-seated, thoroughly ingrained emotion-based confirmation bias willing and able to attribute any evil to the man...simply because they are no longer capable of seeing past their hatred.

This Forum has become as bad an echo-chamber as Twitter (which thank God I never signed up for). Just non-stop moral panic efforts to reinforce each other with one "I hate Trump, don't you?" thread after another. All to firm up that belief system as much as possible

Moral Panic at it's worst.

If you dislike it here so much why do you stay? there are far right leaning sites out there, but then again there are few Liberals dumb enough to stick around and get yelled at and insulted, so there is a down side if you want to actually talk to others that do not believe as you do.

What is most interesting to me is this factor. I cannot imagine *any* president I remember, from Ike to Obama, saying this. I (and even Trump’s defenders, I am sure) *can* picture Trump saying these things.

I believe that he probably said it because it sounds like something Donald Trump would say.

The source is credible so the evidence appears strong that he said it. Not proof but strong evidence

I don't believe it because there are no names associated with the accusers of Trump.

Remember, if you are a card-carrying, committed, unwavering, Trump-hater, you are going to believe (as a knee-jerk reaction) any story you hear about Trump. Sort of like BLM zealots jumping on any story about a black person being murdered by a cop before an investigation has even started.
I am a skeptic and a cynic so I will wait for more evidence on this story despite so many people stating, "Well, he's said nasty things before, so it is likely that he also said 'such and such'."

What is most interesting to me is this factor. I cannot imagine *any* president I remember, from Ike to Obama, saying this. I (and even Trump’s defenders, I am sure) *can* picture Trump saying these things.

It would be one of the top ways to commit political suicide by dissing our fallen soldiers. But as we have seen Trump has placed his foot in his mouth so many times. Which is why the next day we hear about what he really meant or he was just being sarcastic.

He doesn't think before he speaks or acts. As his own sister said that he has no principles and she nailed it here.

Back
Top Bottom