• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the Grand Canyon take 65 million to form?

That amount of erosion is not physically possible, even in a lab setting with artificial means. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that happened.
Remember they do not base anything on real evidence. It is a "faith" thing. Of course they try to make up "evidence" like this little diorama....

OKWOOdino_jen1.jpg

Woodward, Oklahoma: Kid Rides Creationist Dinosaur

Stegosaurus with child riding its back -- some say it depicts boy Jesus. A sign explains, "A Dinosaur like this roamed the Earth 5,000 years ago" (not 150 million years ago). Erected by Randall Gabrel, headmaster of Woodward Christian Academy, who also owns an oil company.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/40142

Or...those of us who believe in God on faith and faith alone, dont need to desperately seek and grasp at 'facts' and pseudoscience in order to prove He exists.

God exists apart from and even without your faith. This is a fact. God has created, regardless of your beliefs in how or why or the timeline you prefer. If you want to believe what men say, that's your choice. You're free to believe that God created and at the same time that it took a million years.

That doesn't make it true.

All this desperate scrambling to defend crap pseudoscience...which does nothing but reveal how science education failed so many people...does is show that these people have weak faith. The stronger the need to PROVE God exists...the weaker the true faith in Him and His Word.

I think most people want to prove God's existence because deep down they want everyone to be saved, and in that, they desperately want to convince non-believers. I used to think that way too. I do not anymore, because I now know that everyone will be returned to God in the end.

All of us. Regardless of belief. Regardless of religion. Regardless of the severity of personal sin.

We're all going to heaven.

There are other large canyons that took a short period of time to form around the world as well. Real scientists never say science is solved. That's a political issue.

"Let me introduce you to Burlingame Canyon near Walla Walla, Washington. It measures 1500 feet long, up to 120 feet deep, and 120 feet wide, winding through a hillside. A small-scale analogy to Grand Canyon it was observed to form in less than six days."

"Many believe that this 277-mile long gorge had formed over millions of years, but another famous North American landmark shows that the Grand Canyon could have been created much faster and not long ago."

"Flowers may be convinced that her new results are reliable, but other experts are not. State University of New York geologist Richard Young told Science NOW that despite this new study, "there's a lot of evidence for a young Grand Canyon."5 And California Institute of Technology geologist Brian Wernicke said, "It's hard to look at a landscape and discern its erosional history."
The grand canyon being younger than we thought it was doesn't prove that God exists, or that he sent a giant flood to exterminate most of humanity. It is true that scientists are constantly debating and reevaluating their previous conclusions. But nothing they have discovered so far would lead a rational person to conclude the existence of God.

That amount of erosion is not physically possible, even in a lab setting with artificial means. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that happened.
No one said overnight. See, that's where the lies begin with you guys. Making stuff up. Heck, 50 years ago scientists said it took 250 million years, Now one million years there was a great upheaval with a fault. Science should never be "settled" for any topic or reason. However, we have seen with our own eyes large canyons created in a matter of weeks. Uniformitarian scientists have concluded that the Greenland Canyon which is as large as the Grand Canyon formed by a catastrophic waterflow. So, the new theory is one million years ago, there was an upheaval at a fault with catastrophic waterflow. It took a half a year for Noah's flood to go down to be back on land. A good year or two for all of to go back into the earth or evaporate. It wasn't over night. So, what do you mean there is no evidence?

No one said overnight. See, that's where the lies begin with you guys. Making stuff up. Heck, 50 years ago scientists said it took 250 million years, Now one million years there was a great upheaval with a fault. Science should never be "settled" for any topic or reason. However, we have seen with our own eyes large canyons created in a matter of weeks. Uniformitarian scientists have concluded that the Greenland Canyon which is as large as the Grand Canyon formed by a catastrophic waterflow. So, the new theory is one million years ago, there was an upheaval at a fault with catastrophic waterflow. It took a half a year for Noah's flood to go down to be back on land. A good year or two for all of to go back into the earth or evaporate. It wasn't over night. So, what do you mean there is no evidence?
1 Noah's flood didn't happen. It physically could not have happened. It is a myth. The fact that there were 3 civilizations with an unbroken timeline through the flood seems to evade you. Obviously, they would have been wiped out, but that didn't happen.

What are uniformitarian scientisists? This is a new term for me.

Science is never settled because it has to adapt to new evidence. That is how empirical science works.

There is no geological evidence of any worldwide flood. Noah is a myth that was copied from legends from earlier civilizations.

The story of a Great Flood sent by God or the gods to destroy civilization as an act of divine retribution is a widespread theme among many cultural myths. It is best known from the biblical story of Noah, but there are several other famous versions, such as stories of Matsya in the Hindu Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, and Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Many of the world's cultures past and present have stories of a Great Flood that devastated earlier civilizations. A good deal of similarity exists between several of the flood myths, leading scholars to believe that these have evolved from or influenced each other. Others of these stories seem to be of a more local nature, although nearly all of them involve the survival of only a small number of humans who repopulate humankind.

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Great_Flood

Every creation scientist received their degrees in science from the same universities that old earth scientists have. Not only that, creation scientists worked in old earth science for years, decades before realizing they were trying to fit square pegs in round holes with their attempts to prove old earth. Just by your statement, you can see the falsehood of your thinking. You can't because you are closedminded. Why? What have you to gain by rejecting the questions creation scientists bring up. There are symposiums and debates with both sides that go on all the time and many of them have been recorded. Your method on this is to absolutely refuse to read what the other side has to say. And, try to get others not to listen. What do you have to fear? That God exists? Why does that cause fear within you?
No they did not. LIke Take one of the biggest creationists, KEnt Hovind. He got a degree in religion, masters in music and sacred music, and PhD in Relgious studies from a diploma mill, Patriot University.

God exists apart from and even without your faith. This is a fact. God has created, regardless of your beliefs in how or why or the timeline you prefer

Quote where I claimed otherwise? The religious dogma is so deeply indoctrinated in you, you cant even read straight...you read what you want to see.

. If you want to believe what men say, that's your choice. You're free to believe that God created and at the same time that it took a million years.

That doesn't make it true.

Never even implied anything like that, mainly because your sentences dont even make sense.

I think most people want to prove God's existence because deep down they want everyone to be saved, and in that, they desperately want to convince non-believers. I used to think that way too. I do not anymore, because I now know that everyone will be returned to God in the end.

Too bad, they should listen to the Lord, who chose not to provide that proof and demanded we believe on faith alone. We have His Word to live by and in doing so, we should be able to bring people to Him. By example. Instead, they arrogantly ignore Him and dishonestly and/or stupidly invent and grasp false information...and then attempt to spread it as truth. Usurping His Authority and denying His Will.

Instead, most of the crap from the fundie Christians on this forum is pure, willful ignorance (esp. in science) and hate and intolerance, in repression and a disgusting glee in the thoughts of non-believers and sinners burning in Hell. People like that drive people away from a religion based on forgiveness and brotherly love.

All of us. Regardless of belief. Regardless of religion. Regardless of the severity of personal sin.

We're all going to heaven.
I am glad to see you write this.

No one can "ask" God anything and that is the problem. Science gives us data that is the result of evidence. You have none of that. Faith is not evidence of anything. Also there is no such thing as "creation science". It is nothing but hooey.
I have the Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants. All are our canonized scriptures. Most Christians have just the Bible but it is evidence of God's words. I have a Prophet today who testifies of the existence of God. The Holy Ghost has said to me and shown me the existence of another realm. All that is data that is the result of evidence. It's something you can get your hands on and heart as well. In the Bible and Book of Mormon we are told by prophets and apostles that we can ask God with real intent and receive answers about God. You can't because you refuse to.
By the way, "data" isn't fact. It's just data. It must be interpreted just like dreams and prophecies. See, the evidence isn't anything more than observational when it comes to the age of the earth and how it was formed. As far as the name "creation science" it's just a way to differentiate between old earth and new earth theories. You are basing your opinions on the faith of others beliefs about the evidence. You don't know if they are purposely leading you down to hell.

There is no geological evidence of any worldwide flood. Noah is a myth that was copied from legends from earlier civilizations.

The story of a Great Flood sent by God or the gods to destroy civilization as an act of divine retribution is a widespread theme among many cultural myths. It is best known from the biblical story of Noah, but there are several other famous versions, such as stories of Matsya in the Hindu Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, and Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Many of the world's cultures past and present have stories of a Great Flood that devastated earlier civilizations. A good deal of similarity exists between several of the flood myths, leading scholars to believe that these have evolved from or influenced each other. Others of these stories seem to be of a more local nature, although nearly all of them involve the survival of only a small number of humans who repopulate humankind.

Doesnt' even need legends, people lived by bodies of water. Bodies of water flood. THere would be countless stories of massive flooding.

Most people didn't venture too far, so a large flood in their area could be the entire world to them.

I have the Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants. All are our canonized scriptures. Most Christians have just the Bible but it is evidence of God's words. I have a Prophet today who testifies of the existence of God. The Holy Ghost has said to me and shown me the existence of another realm. All that is data that is the result of evidence. It's something you can get your hands on and heart as well. In the Bible and Book of Mormon we are told by prophets and apostles that we can ask God with real intent and receive answers about God. You can't because you refuse to.
By the way, "data" isn't fact. It's just data. It must be interpreted just like dreams and prophecies. See, the evidence isn't anything more than observational when it comes to the age of the earth and how it was formed. As far as the name "creation science" it's just a way to differentiate between old earth and new earth theories. You are basing your opinions on the faith of others beliefs about the evidence. You don't know if they are purposely leading you down to hell.
I know that lying is the work of the devil and those that lie about the truth of the origins of mankind will be damned to hell. We evolved from lesser creatures in the last million years and apes are our closest relatives. Our DNA proves that beyond all doubt and anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

No they did not. LIke Take one of the biggest creationists, KEnt Hovind. He got a degree in religion, masters in music and sacred music, and PhD in Relgious studies from a diploma mill, Patriot University.
There is no such thing as a creation scientist. They are blatant religious liars who try to twist and lie in order to create holes and make unsupported claims that religious fundamentalists do not understand so they believe them. There is no empirical science involved in creationism.

Catastrophic displacements of enormous plates of the earth’s crust provided the driving force for the global flood and produced the deep spaces for the oceans to drain into after the global flood.
The majority of our planet's sedimentary rock appears to have accumulated rapidly by means of a worldwide flood. Single layers were quickly formed that covered large parts of the globe.
Fault surfaces that contain zones characterized by microbreccias and pseudotachylite are evidences for rapid displacements.
Beveled surfaces below, within, and above thick strata sequences provide evidence of rapid flood and post-flood erosion. Sheetform beveled surfaces below and within thick strata sequences provide evidence of widespread sediment sublimation during a global flood (e.g., the paraconformity between Coconino Sandstone and Hermit Shale on Bright Angel Trail in Grand Canyon).

You are wrong...

As people groups spread and migrated after the Tower of Babel, they would carry with them the Flood story. Through the centuries, stories of the Flood were passed on to each generation via early patriarchs such as Joseph, Jacob, and Abraham, records that Moses had access to. As the years went by in some parts of the world, there would be editing and embellishments of the Flood event, but the basic story of judgment via a worldwide deluge, the preservation of a remnant in a structure, and the events directly afterwards would be preserved. The account of the Flood in Genesis comes from Noah himself and is written and edited by Moses and is not dependent on Near Eastern texts. Knowing this, a wise historian would search out similarities between Moses’ Flood story and the flood stories told in other cultures.

Yep, others have the same story from the Tower of Babel.

The problem is that none of that data is falsifiable. It is impossible to either prove or disprove religious testimony, or the word of a prophet. Therefore, the scientific value of such is dubious at best.

Catastrophic displacements of enormous plates of the earth’s crust provided the driving force for the global flood and produced the deep spaces for the oceans to drain into after the global flood.
The majority of our planet's sedimentary rock appears to have accumulated rapidly by means of a worldwide flood. Single layers were quickly formed that covered large parts of the globe.
Fault surfaces that contain zones characterized by microbreccias and pseudotachylite are evidences for rapid displacements.
Beveled surfaces below, within, and above thick strata sequences provide evidence of rapid flood and post-flood erosion. Sheetform beveled surfaces below and within thick strata sequences provide evidence of widespread sediment sublimation during a global flood (e.g., the paraconformity between Coconino Sandstone and Hermit Shale on Bright Angel Trail in Grand Canyon).

You are wrong...

As people groups spread and migrated after the Tower of Babel, they would carry with them the Flood story. Through the centuries, stories of the Flood were passed on to each generation via early patriarchs such as Joseph, Jacob, and Abraham, records that Moses had access to. As the years went by in some parts of the world, there would be editing and embellishments of the Flood event, but the basic story of judgment via a worldwide deluge, the preservation of a remnant in a structure, and the events directly afterwards would be preserved. The account of the Flood in Genesis comes from Noah himself and is written and edited by Moses and is not dependent on Near Eastern texts. Knowing this, a wise historian would search out similarities between Moses’ Flood story and the flood stories told in other cultures.

The water could not drain into the spaces between plates into the mantle of the Earth. Water is held above the plates and within a few miles of the surface. Your claims aren't intelligent enough to be extra credit questions in a geology test. The mantle is so hot that the water is would flash to steam. The temperature of rock only 35,000 feet from the surface is so hot that water boils. The crust is 3-4 times that thick.

I'm simply suggesting that they can't hear, see, or touch the truth. Even if God appeared in the sky and said, "Hello, I'm God" they would claim it was an anomaly of the atmosphere and 100 scientists would agree.

If Jeebuss came down to the USA Today, some rednecks would drag him behind an old rusted out pickup, drag him for being a "socialist" and a "Librull".

Did that make sense to you? The earth that was eroded away to form the Grand Canyon was there long before as well. The point is, it doesn't take 250 million years or even one million year to form a canyon like the Grand Canyon. Massive canyons are a global phenomenon. Common global features require a common global explanation. And the receding phase of the Flood provides us with the perfect conditions to carve large canyons. The sheer volume of water that had to drain off the continents provides the water necessary to rapidly carve these canyons in a matter of weeks or a few months. These canyons didn’t need a lot of time, just sufficient volumes of floodwaters. The fossils at every level of the Grand Canyon are extremely complex, but the ones in the bottom layers, such as the trilobites, are even more complex than the ones nearer the top, such as corals. No evolutionary sequence here! I find it humorous that 50 years ago, scientists said it took 250 million years to form and now that is one million year. Pretty soon it will be down to 100,000 years, then 10,000 years then 4,500 years. :ROFLMAO:
I think current thought is more like 5-6 million years.

I don't agree with your proposed cause however. The flow you are talking about would not create a v-shaped canyon.

I know that lying is the work of the devil and those that lie about the truth of the origins of mankind will be damned to hell. We evolved from lesser creatures in the last million years. Our DNA proves that beyond all doubt.
You don't believe in hell or God. So, there is no such think as lying, murder, evil, sin, stealing and so on. Our DNA doesn't prove anything about evolution. And, how does DNA prove we evolved? It doesn't.

Epigenetic Study Produces 'Backwards' Human-Ape Tree - https://www.icr.org/article/epigenetic-study-produces-backwards
A recently published study in the epigenetic modification of DNA regions similar among humans and three different apes not only provided a completely mixed up picture of evolution, but one that was entirely backwards.1
While the DNA code is closely similar in all cells throughout the human body, the epigenetic code and its patterns vary depending on cell and tissue type.2 Because these epigenetic patterns control how genes are expressed in the cell, evolutionists have been interested in comparing the patterns between humans and apes to check for commonalities and dissimilarities. Interestingly, a comparative epigenetic study just published by evolutionary scientists completely contradicts the standard, inferred evolutionary tree for human-ape evolution. Major differences between human and chimp epigenetic profiles have been noted before.4 But these study results are particularly interesting because they utterly defy all predictions in the evolutionary paradigm—literally turning it on its head and showing that it is a fallible model of human origins.

The water could not drain into the spaces between plates into the mantle of the Earth. Water is held above the plates and within a few miles of the surface. Your claims aren't intelligent enough to be extra credit questions in a geology test.
Where did it say that the water drained into the mantle of the earth? Why don't you read something before reacting stupidly.

You are wrong...

I repeat there is no geological evidence of any worldwide flood. The "evidence" you claim is a bunch of bunk.

Flood Geology and the Grand Canyon: What Does the Evidence Really Say?​

Young-earth creationists today apply what they consider a literal understanding of the creation and flood accounts in Genesis to the interpretation of Earth’s geologic past.1 In doing so, they challenge the entire history of geological science in the modern era. Most of the pioneering natural scientists and geologists of the Renaissance and late modern era (1500 to 1815)—a group which included many pious Christians—expected that their field work would provide evidence of the biblical flood, reflecting a catastrophic event in earth’s history of only thousands of years. However, as they discovered the interrelated, dynamic processes of the rock cycle and pieced together earth’s history from the vertical sequence of rock layers around the world, they concluded that the earth must be far older than thousands of years. Furthermore, they couldn’t identify a single layer of rock or sediment that fit with a global flood occurring early in human history.2 By the early 20th century, most leading Christians accepted the great age of the planet earth. For example, notes in the popular Scofield Reference Bible published in 1909 provided an old-earth interpretation of Genesis 1.

https://biologos.org/articles/flood-geology-and-the-grand-canyon-what-does-the-evidence-really-say/

I think current thought is more like 5-6 million years.

I don't agree with your proposed cause however. The flow you are talking about would not create a v-shaped canyon.
I have no problem with the upheaval of the earth from a fault or other catastrophic event. In fact, the Noah's flood wasn't just a bunch of rain that filled the earth. Waters came up from the earth as well from the firmament in the heavens as well. There was much upheaval going on with the plates of the earth as well. But, the smoothing out erosion came from the reseeding waters quickly and violently. I mentioned that the GC was formed one million years ago because that's what another poster here posted with reference. The fact is, it used to be 250 - 500 million years of the Colorado River carving out the GC. Do you still believe this to be true?

You are wrong...

You are completely tone-deaf to the 100% desperate focus and bias of your sources to prove this stuff according to Christianity, not reason or science. It works the opposite of science, it's backwards...it creates a conclusion or result and then invents or speculates information to prove it. And it garnishes it with little bits of data here and there to fool the willfully ignorant who want only to believe it.

Your sources are making fools of you and those that believe like you...and making lots of $$ off of you too.

Where did it say that the water drained into the mantle of the earth? Why don't you read something before reacting stupidly.
This, You're a lousy liar. You do know that the mantle is below the crust plates, don't you?

I have no problem with the upheaval of the earth from a fault or other catastrophic event. In fact, the Noah's flood wasn't just a bunch of rain that filled the earth. Waters came up from the earth as well from the firmament in the heavens as well. There was much upheaval going on with the plates of the earth as well. But, the smoothing out erosion came from the reseeding waters quickly and violently. I mentioned that the GC was formed one million years ago because that's what another poster here posted with reference. The fact is, it used to be 250 - 500 million years of the Colorado River carving out the GC. Do you still believe this to be true?

Now it's the firmament? Are you also a flat earther?

You don't believe in hell or God. So, there is no such think as lying, murder, evil, sin, stealing and so on. Our DNA doesn't prove anything about evolution. And, how does DNA prove we evolved? It doesn't.

Epigenetic Study Produces 'Backwards' Human-Ape Tree - https://www.icr.org/article/epigenetic-study-produces-backwards
A recently published study in the epigenetic modification of DNA regions similar among humans and three different apes not only provided a completely mixed up picture of evolution, but one that was entirely backwards.1
While the DNA code is closely similar in all cells throughout the human body, the epigenetic code and its patterns vary depending on cell and tissue type.2 Because these epigenetic patterns control how genes are expressed in the cell, evolutionists have been interested in comparing the patterns between humans and apes to check for commonalities and dissimilarities. Interestingly, a comparative epigenetic study just published by evolutionary scientists completely contradicts the standard, inferred evolutionary tree for human-ape evolution. Major differences between human and chimp epigenetic profiles have been noted before.4 But these study results are particularly interesting because they utterly defy all predictions in the evolutionary paradigm—literally turning it on its head and showing that it is a fallible model of human origins.
Sigh.....It's too bad there is no hell because there would be place for you there. God has no patience for false idols and liars.

48d709558f5cf7ca81e02bd7c3720c7e.jpg

I repeat there is no geological evidence of any worldwide flood. The "evidence" you claim is a bunch of bunk.

Flood Geology and the Grand Canyon: What Does the Evidence Really Say?​

Young-earth creationists today apply what they consider a literal understanding of the creation and flood accounts in Genesis to the interpretation of Earth’s geologic past.1 In doing so, they challenge the entire history of geological science in the modern era. Most of the pioneering natural scientists and geologists of the Renaissance and late modern era (1500 to 1815)—a group which included many pious Christians—expected that their field work would provide evidence of the biblical flood, reflecting a catastrophic event in earth’s history of only thousands of years. However, as they discovered the interrelated, dynamic processes of the rock cycle and pieced together earth’s history from the vertical sequence of rock layers around the world, they concluded that the earth must be far older than thousands of years. Furthermore, they couldn’t identify a single layer of rock or sediment that fit with a global flood occurring early in human history.2 By the early 20th century, most leading Christians accepted the great age of the planet earth. For example, notes in the popular Scofield Reference Bible published in 1909 provided an old-earth interpretation of Genesis 1.

https://biologos.org/articles/flood-geology-and-the-grand-canyon-what-does-the-evidence-really-say/
You can keep repeating old ideas between 1500-1815. What's happening in the past 20 years is that the same natural scientists are finding holes in their own theories. "Creation Scientists" who were once not creation scientists have simply taken these holes and have shown that young earth can be an answer to the same information that was once used to discount young earth. I've given you several articles to read on the subject. You can't counter my belief by ignoring what I'm studying. I've studied your beliefs for 60 years. I find it interesting that there are questions old earth science cannot answer. If you read the articles in ICR and other publications, you will find that there are plenty of single layers of rock and sediment that do fit with the global flood of Noah. The question is, will you read them?

Back
Top Bottom