• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the government ever have the right to criminalize eating Road Kill?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I say no:

Oregon state Sen. Bill Hansell’s rural district is the size of Maryland, and it is crisscrossed with hundreds of miles of road splayed with all manner of roadkill. While driving one of those routes a couple of years ago, Hansell spotted a dead deer and had what he called an “aha moment”: Could the carcass feed someone?

“It just struck me, you know: This is such a waste,” he said.

Chowing down on roadkill was not legal in Oregon then. But as of Tuesday, it is. With the enactment of a bill sponsored by Hansell and unanimously passed by the legislature, Oregon became the latest of about 20 states that allow people to scoop dead animals off the road and serve them for dinner.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...ates-its-whats-dinner/?utm_term=.aad582ce5049

Inquiring Minds wish to know what you you have to say on this.

tyvm

I say no:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...ates-its-whats-dinner/?utm_term=.aad582ce5049

Inquiring Minds wish to know what you you have to say on this.

tyvm
Red:
Criminalize eating roadkill? Are you sure it was criminal offense and not a civil one? I don't know the identifier of the predecessor law. I don't even see the word criminal in the rubric article.

I agree that folks should be allowed on an AYOR basis to scavenge road kill, and I concur with the "head return" requirement of the new legislation. I don't cotton to the permit requirement.

Red:
Criminalize eating roadkill? Are you sure it was criminal offense and not a civil one? I don't know the identifier of the predecessor law. I don't even see the word criminal in the rubric article.

I agree that folks should be allowed on an AYOR basis to scavenge road kill, and I concur with the "head return" requirement of the new legislation. I don't cotton to the permit requirement.

I hope that you are well...obviously you can think and I can use all the friends I can find being such an obnoxious mother****er that I am willing to tell truth.

Any time you are ready I would be delighted.

This is what we are concerned about?

Great idea for entrepreneurs:)
CCE93D95-992D-47E4-9C16-BFBA8DE45525.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom