• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did the founding fathers get high?

Do you think Jefferson and/or Washington smoked the dope they grew?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I don't know if they got high on anything besides the old mead but I can tell you what gave most of them splitting headaches... just thinking about the ...................@ssholes who would inherit the nation.

They grew dope?

Bloody weed, so overrated. All I ever get is mildy amused and hungry.

vergiss said:
They grew dope?

Bloody weed, so overrated. All I ever get is mildy amused and hungry.

You must not be smokin the good stuff. ;)

A lot of cannabis sites claim that Jefferson smuggled "high-quality seeds" to America but I'll have to look for a decent source on that one..

Also, Washington is reported as writing of the "pleasureable effects" of the plant but it's hard to ascertain truth from myth on this subject.

The Real McCoy said:
You must not be smokin the good stuff. ;)

My boyfriend seemed pleased. :neutral: Hrmph.

IIRC, there's a letter about one of them fellas noting that he had separated the male plants from the female. As I understand it, this step is unecessary if you're raising the plants for the fibers as opposed to the intoxicating effects.

Simon W. Moon said:
IIRC, there's a letter about one of them fellas noting that he had separated the male plants from the female. As I understand it, this step is unecessary if you're raising the plants for the fibers as opposed to the intoxicating effects.

That too... I believe it was Jefferson.

Separating the plants naturally prevents fertilization therefore the female plants produce nice, full buds rather than seed pods.

vergiss said:
My boyfriend seemed pleased. :neutral: Hrmph.

Young lady, you better not be talking about sex when you say "pleased." You're supposed to be a virgin at your age. :lol:

aps said:
Young lady, you better not be talking about sex when you say "pleased." You're supposed to be a virgin at your age. :lol:

Oh no, even better, I'm talking about getting stoned. :mrgreen:

Ahem. Instead of making this poll, you could have just asked me. Duh.

I've never been high but whew! Jefferson was always lighting up. That dude would get seriously wasted. When he'd go over to Paris, he'd come back looking totally stoned all the time. I think it was because he always felt upset about the size of his bed and his feet always hanging out. Apparently back then, it was impossible to get a bed that fit.

LOL, seriously though, have any of you guys actually been to Monticello? I have and the beds are like super small. I don't know how they did it. And Jefferson was like 6 foot too, I think.

I was just watching a documentary about canabis histroy (more the commerical, industrial, political (i.e. war and strategic uses) and medical facets, than the psychotropic facets of the plant.)

Etymology Canabis: Babylonian literally Cane (or stalk) of two sexes. Mar means the same in Chinese too.

Anyway, for the West at least, the psychotropic properties of canabis were largely forgotten after discovering how useful the fibers were and seeds and oils. I guess also, when it was smoked, it was generally as hashish anyway.

Nepolean banned Hasish in Egypt, because an Egyptian got high, and tried to kill him. Blamed the drug instead of his shittiness as a ruler.

all in all, the whole fricken thing is stupid, jsut stupid. The DEA controls liscencing for a plant, that when used industrially, is grown totally different than when used for the drug. A great way to get a couple percentage boost in GDP, grow hemp. It could well be a couple hundred billion dollar industry "over night." More jobs, less unemployment, more good, better standards of living, better health all from plants grown for thier stalks, not their leaves and buds.

stupid government.

Back
Top Bottom