• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the Chinese do the allies a great service by pinning the Japanese down during WWII?

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Did the Chinese do the allies a great service by pinning the Japanese down during WWII?

The Chinese never gave up, they fought the Japanese all the way up until the nuking of Japan and Japan's surrender.

Yes. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese troops remained tied down in China throughout the war. Unfortunately their contribution, much like the insane crimes the Japanese committed against the Chinese civilians, is largely forgotten by most of history.

Yes. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese troops remained tied down in China throughout the war. Unfortunately their contribution, much like the insane crimes the Japanese committed against the Chinese civilians, is largely forgotten by most of history.

It doesn’t help that the CPC‘s has a rather large motive in emphasizing their own contribution to the war against Japan while downplaying the efforts of the ruling KMT.

The main reason a attack on the USSR wasn't ever seriously considered by Japan during WW2, was because how much of their army was tied down in China. Then again running out of resources to wage war on China was what prompted Japan to expand the war, to seize resources.

It’s not forgotten in China.

It’s not forgotten in China.

I have spent a lot of time in China over the last 15 years. I was in Nanjing for a few days last November, it is certainly not forgotten there.

The Chinese never gave up, they fought the Japanese all the way up until the nuking of Japan and Japan's surrender.

You expect the Chinese to be more like The French?
I agree with Stalin regarding giving in to the Nazis too easily.

Moi
:oldman:

You expect the Chinese to be more like The French?
I agree with Stalin regarding giving in to the Nazis too easily.

Moi
:oldman:
Why not cite the Stalin quote? S'il vous plait;)

Why not cite the Stalin quote? S'il vous plait;)

I don't speak Russian. Nor Georgian, y'all

Try Google search "Stalin, France, WW2"

I heard it on a history program.

I don't speak Russian. Nor Georgian, y'all

Try Google search "Stalin, France, WW2"

I heard it on a history program.

So you agree with something you can't remember? Why would you waste our time posting such drivel?

So you agree with something you can't remember? Why would you waste our time posting such drivel?

I remember.

It was a TV History program
discussing the allies meeting before the end of WW2.

At the surrender, the Nazi representatives commented
about the French being there in a derogatory manner.

Back
Top Bottom