• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Syrian President's Son Hafez Assad Post Anti-U.S. Facebook Rant?

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Given that his father murdered more Syrians than his grandfather could dream of, I wonder how many Syrians he will murder. Well I suppose that as long as they click "like" on facebook its ok

And how many Syrians will be murdered by Tomahawk missiles?

Assuming that it comes to that, there will be attacks on the Syrian air force and any munition sites identified. Of course some casualties in the military. That wouldn't cause me concern if it would shorten the war and ensure a better regime. I'm not sure it would.

The kid of course is subject to propaganda. Syria would not, as he might have heard, another 'Nam, not even another Iraq.

The Western powers..NATO, would fight from a distance with drones etc. Troops would not be on the ground.

murdered by Tomahawk missiles?
Comments as yours seem to show a singled out bias against the USA. Why not look to the Syrian-Egyptian- Iranian-Arab behavior of late for your critical attention?

Assuming that it comes to that, there will be attacks on the Syrian air force and any munition sites identified. Of course some casualties in the military. That wouldn't cause me concern if it would shorten the war and ensure a better regime. I'm not sure it would.

The kid of course is subject to propaganda. Syria would not, as he might have heard, another 'Nam, not even another Iraq.

The Western powers..NATO, would fight from a distance with drones etc. Troops would not be on the ground.

Comments as yours seem to show a singled out bias against the USA. Why not look to the Syrian-Egyptian- Iranian-Arab behavior of late for your critical attention?

No bias. Civilian casualties is a cause for concern in any war or so called measured attacks.

Amazing, killing those who gas innocent women and children is called murder now? Shame you didnt tell that to Hitler before he shot himself.

Amazing, killing those who gas innocent women and children is called murder now? Shame you didnt tell that to Hitler before he shot himself.

Who did it? Where is the proof? Putin is also asking that.

Who did it? Where is the proof? Putin is also asking that.

So unless your government shares their top secret resources with you, you will keep objecting?

So unless your government shares their top secret resources with you, you will keep objecting?

Lay it out on the table with the UN.

Lay it out on the table with the UN.

So you should share it with Russia and China? Lebanon? Who else? Maybe you want to send Iran a list of CIA operatives in additon? Does the fact that your president, government and inteligence tells you there is no doubt not enough?

Are you saying your president is a liar?

So you should share it with Russia and China? Lebanon? Who else? Maybe you want to send Iran a list of CIA operatives in additon? Does the fact that your president, government and inteligence tells you there is no doubt not enough?

Are you saying your president is a liar?

LMAO....Give me a break man. CIA fooled you guys on Iraq's WMD.

Israeli intelligence fooled us only once, when they said there is "low probability of war" in 73. Israeli intelligence have been saying Assad is gassing his people for 6 months now, they also say the last incident was taken by Assad forces, including proof of preparations of the chemical weapons units. They also say that the large casualties was probably an operational error of Assad forces which up till now were very careful when using the chemical weapons, limiting the impact on civilian population.

Saddam had a fake WMD program to fend off the Iranian regime. That's very old news. I wonder how you could have missed it.

Saddam had a fake WMD program to fend off the Iranian regime. That's very old news. I wonder how you could have missed it.

The bottom line is one whole nation was brought down to stone-age rubble with super-smart CIA intelligence and nobody missed that.

The bottom line is one whole nation was brought down to stone-age rubble

A nation of institutionalized rape, genocide, invading neighbors, 17 UN violations and the starvation of children (400k, 2000s) to pay cronies and fund a fake WMD program, suffering sanctions as a result...

A fledgling democracy with some human rights on the books, enjoying international foreign aid and development projects. Building schools and roads instead of palaces, producing more oil, in modern infrastructure, than ever before. People with resources, hope and a future. I expect Iraqis to join us in the developed world (like an Asian Tiger) after a generation or two of rebuilding.

Under Saddam, there was no hope, no future.

If the Iranian regime gets nukes, it will North Korea generations of Persians. We cannot allow that.

Last edited:
A nation of institutionalized rape, genocide, invading neighbors, 17 UN violations and the starvation of children (400k, 2000s) to pay cronies and fund a fake WMD program, suffering sanctions as a result...

A fledgling democracy with some human rights on the books, enjoying international foreign aid and development projects. Building schools and roads instead of palaces, producing more oil, in modern infrastructure, than ever before. People with resources, hope and a future. I expect Iraqis to join us in the developed world (like an Asian Tiger) after a generation or two of rebuilding.

Under Saddam, there was no hope, no future.

If the Iranian regime gets nukes, it will North Korea generations of Persians. We cannot allow that.

Rejected.

Quick question. What will this accomplish? Whats this going to do? Is this going to be a big game changer? All analysis points to no, its really not gonna do ****. So what the point on not only killing more people in a giant sectarian civil war and wasting billions of dollars?

Quick question. What will this accomplish? Whats this going to do? Is this going to be a big game changer? All analysis points to no, its really not gonna do ****. So what the point on not only killing more people in a giant sectarian civil war and wasting billions of dollars?

It will accomplish deterrence so Assad won't even think of gassing women and children again. And as I understand, the only casualties will be the members of Assad murderous army.

The Russian people's strong support for Syria is evident from this Russian soldier's comment in one of the articles: am a russian soldier and i promise america this ****in country will regret if they bomb syria its a high tim we see who is stronger than the other America is no longer the super power and we are going to proof vthis very sooon;America will dance to our tune;you kill ten syrians we kill twenty Americans

The Russian people's strong support for Syria is evident from this Russian soldier's comment in one of the articles: am a russian soldier and i promise america this ****in country will regret if they bomb syria its a high tim we see who is stronger than the other America is no longer the super power and we are going to proof vthis very sooon;America will dance to our tune;you kill ten syrians we kill twenty Americans

You're joking, right? You could barely oppose the puny nation of Georgia, and that's on your own border. Hell, it took you fifteen years to defeat Chechnyan rebels within your border.

The leadership in the US isn't in the least afraid of your sabre rattling, and neither is any American even slightly knowledgeable on how weak your military is. Try it on another country :lol:

Last edited:
It will accomplish deterrence so Assad won't even think of gassing women and children again. And as I understand, the only casualties will be the members of Assad murderous army.
Really i few cruise missiles is supposedly going to scare him? Yea right. If he actual did this its not like this is going to do anything. I mean sure if he did then its not like he is gonna step down.

Really i few cruise missiles is supposedly going to scare him? Yea right. If he actual did this its not like this is going to do anything. I mean sure if he did then its not like he is gonna step down.

Maybe. But if our strikes are on his chem facilities, and if we also provide support for the rebels in the conflict, it really will be too late for him to learn his lesson. He'll probably get Gaddafi'd.

So you think nothing should be done because you Assad will go on and use chemical weapons? What is the lesson to the world then? Mass murder by gas is fine? Do you also believe Auschwitz shouldn't have been bombed because it would not deter Hitler from exterminating Jews? Should the world sit still and let people be gassed to death by a ruthless dictator, again?

Back
Top Bottom