• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Russian Embassy in US Retweet Candace Owens ‘Russian Lives Matter’ Post?

What it actually is is the West clutching its pearls because somebody else in the world dares to do what it’s been doing for millennia.

If you're going back millennia then Russia is part of the West. Before around the 800's then it's going to be hard to qualify.

It's weird for you to be pro western style medieval conquest though if and only if Russia is doing it?

Lol. I don’t think the “civilized world” should be lecturing anyone about “aggressive invasions” after playing musical regimes in the Middle East and North Africa for the last 20 years.
Whether one agrees with the war in Afghanistan or Iraq, then fact is there was a hell of a lot more justification for those conflicts than Putin's claiming to "de-Nazify" a democratically elected government with a jewish leader.

Geographically, it’s Eastern.

Which counts not one bit. If you want to distinguish Russia from "the west", you'd have to actually make a distinction.

It's weird for you to be pro western style medieval conquest though if and only if Russia is doing it?
There are rules or there aren’t. The West can’t claim exception. It’s as simple as that.

There are rules or there aren’t. The West can’t claim exception. It’s as simple as that.

What makes you think toppling your neighbors for extra territory wasn't against the rules?

I'd say that has been pretty consistent in the nuclear age. It's almost as if it's weird that anyone is surprised.

Whether one agrees with the war in Afghanistan or Iraq, then fact is there was a hell of a lot more justification for those conflicts than Putin's claiming to "de-Nazify" a democratically elected government with a jewish leader.
Ukraine does have a Nazi problem which is one of the reasons the US and Europe were reluctant to give Ukraine more advanced weaponry and somebody might want to ask that Jewish President why neo-Nazi militias were integrated into the armed forces. Euromaiden made for some very strange bedfellows. There’s also the matter of the Ukranian army massacring civilians in the Donbas war, threatening to spin up a nuclear weapons program, etc. We’ve invaded and occupied nations for less.

Ukraine does have a Nazi problem which is one of the reasons the US and Europe were reluctant to give Ukraine more advanced weaponry and somebody might want to ask that Jewish President why neo-Nazi militias were integrated into the armed forces. There’s also the matter of the Ukranian army massacring civilians in the Donbas war, threatening to spin up a nuclear weapons program, etc. We’ve invaded and occupied nations for less.

From the Kremlins lips to our ears.

Those are just the facts.

The facts as I would expect a Kremlin sock puppet to see them.

If there is no distinction between what I am seeing as an argument and the propaganda coming out of the Kremlin, then I feel justified in assuming I am speaking to one of the Kremlins sock puppets.

Couldn't help yourself, could you?
He's right.

I don't claim to know what goes through Candace's head, but hostility toward average Russians abroad, minding their own business, is wrong. Of course the lives of the Russians being killed in Ukraine matter, too. War is goddamned foolishness cooked up by men measuring who's got the bigger dick. All those lives--Ukranian, Russian, Syrian, American--being thrown away to make someone richer. It sucks, reflechissez.

We’ve stranded at least tens of thousands of Russians all over the world with no way home and no access to finances for starters.
Oh, that. Boo hoo. They are much better off than the dead Ukrainian civilians.

He's right.

I don't claim to know what goes through Candace's head, but hostility toward average Russians abroad, minding their own business, is wrong. Of course the lives of the Russians being killed in Ukraine matter, too. War is goddamned foolishness cooked up by men measuring who's got the bigger dick. All those lives--Ukranian, Russian, Syrian, American--being thrown away to make someone richer. It sucks, reflechissez.
THAT'S his/her complaint?

He's right.

No one hates the average citizen of Russia, we'd love to be selling them Big Mac's and buying their Natural Gas.

Hostile invasions of ones neighbors to topple their governments make for bigger fish though.

You must have been living under a rock. Do you know what Azov is?

I know that they are one of the reasons Russia has tried to use to justify a broad invasion of a different country.

Anything else little sock?

Yes they did.

I can't believe we have so many in our nation who support russia and their war crimes.

Why don't they care about all the people in Ukraine who have died because of Putin's war? putin bombed a maternity hospital for heaven's sake. Yet these people still support putin.

What have some republicans turned into?

Barbarian Mentality will be Barbarian mentality, its loves Belligerent, Vile Malice Driven Savagery..... They loves seeing something destroyed.

I know that they are one of the reasons Russia has tried to use to justify a broad invasion of a different country.
They’re more than that. They’re a neo-Nazi terrorist organization with both a military and political wing which the UN found to be committing war crimes in the Donbas and was integrated into Ukraine’s armed forces.

No one hates the average citizen of Russia, we'd love to be selling them Big Mac's and buying their Natural Gas.

Hostile invasions of ones neighbors to topple their governments make for bigger fish though.
Good to hear. I've heard a few rumbles of expelling all Russians from university here, etc. We don't need to go that route. No one chooses where they're born.

They’re more than that. They’re a neo-Nazi terrorist organization with both a military and political wing which the UN found to be committing war crimes in the Donbas and was integrated into Ukraine’s armed forces.

A 900 strong battalion of men, and here we see an entire country invaded. But sanctions are an unfair retort?

I thought you were against collective punishment?

Your logic seems a bit strained even taken at face value...

I guess that's what happens when you try to use thin propaganda to excuse an invasion.

From the Kremlins lips to our ears.
This is such a chicken shit reply.

Ukraine DOES have a significant Nazi faction and it goes all the way back to WWII. Even a LITTLE BIT of research will reveal this fact to you. I'm not saying this in any way justifies Putin's actions but let's not sit here and pretend that little ole Ukraine is this peaceful "budding democracy" just waiting for a little help from us. The place is a corrupt shit hole. There is a reason why both the EU and NATO told them to pound sand.

Good to hear. I've heard a few rumbles of expelling all Russians from university here, etc. We don't need to go that route. No one chooses where they're born.

We have plenty of Russian nationals living in the US and plenty of ethnic Russians that live here.

Civilized. Punishing 144 million people because of the decision of 1 man isn’t that.
I posted on the live thread that I wish there were some way to punish only those responsible for the invasion, not the Russian population, who by and large are just pawns in putin's chess game. I am not smart enough to think of anything, so what we are doing now will have to suffice.

Back
Top Bottom