• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Rudy just wish for a hit on Cohen?

haymarket

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Rudy Giuliani said this in an interview on CNN

"He goes and testifies against some people that are possibly in organized crime, they ain't going to be applauding for him when he goes into a restaurant in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, believe me."

Here is a whole raft of over the top things Rudy said that point to possible threatening a witness.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-jake-tapper/index.html

The area he is talking about is known for the Russian mafia and their power they wield there.

Was Rudy publicly wishing for a mob hit on Michael Cohen?

How far does this blithering moron have to go before he himself is arrested and indicted and tried for his own crimes trying to obstruct this investigation?

Last edited:

Here is a whole raft of over the top things Rudy said that point to possible threatening a witness.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/rudy-giuliani-donald-trump-jake-tapper/index.html

The area he is talking about is known for the Russian mafia and their power they wield there.

How far does this blithering moron have to go before he himself is arrested and indicted and tried for his own crimes trying to obstruct this investigation?

No, he wasn't wishing for a hit on Cohen.

Is Mueller's team engaging in witness tampering when threatening prosecutions unless a witness gives up their constitutional right to remain silent? Is it witness tampering to demand doing whatever they want or they will add years to a witness'es potential prison term?

Telling the truth is not witness tampering. Rudy threatened no one. Team Mueller does so incessantly and most Democrats brag about it.

No, he wasn't wishing for a hit on Cohen.

It certainly appeared that way when he invoked the reaction the Russian mafia would have should they come across Cohen and no doubt some of them will when Cohen begins to serve his sentence in prison. I understand that a "rat" - the label Trump publicly placed on Cohen - are not favorites in prison. Combine those two things and it looks a great deal like a publicly advocated hit.

It certainly appeared that way when he invoked the reaction the Russian mafia would have should they come across Cohen and no doubt some of them will when Cohen begins to serve his sentence in prison. I understand that a "rat" - the label Trump publicly placed on Cohen - are not favorites in prison. Combine those two things and it looks a great deal like a publicly advocated hit.

I know the concept is foreign to Trump haters, but there is a difference between speculation and desire.

Is Mueller's team engaging in witness tampering when threatening prosecutions unless a witness gives up their constitutional right to remain silent? Is it witness tampering to demand doing whatever they want or they will add years to a witness'es potential prison term?

Telling the truth is not witness tampering. Rudy threatened no one. Team Mueller does so incessantly and most Democrats brag about it.

You really need to brush up on your courtroom procedures.

A witness can invoke their right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment and Mueller has to respect that.

In addition, Mueller cannot add a single day to anyones sentence. Only a judge can do that.

This is what he says in public. Imagine what they are doing in private, what with their blocked numbers and hackers...

The dictionary is your friend.
It will explain that there's a vast difference between "wishing" and "warning."

I know the concept is foreign to Trump haters, but there is a difference between speculation and desire.

There is no real difference when the President of the USA labels Cohen as A RAT and then the attorney for the President of the USA publicly discusses what the Russian mafia in New York would do to Cohen if they came across him - and they most certainly will once Cohen goes to prison.

It is clear and obvious witness intimidation and tampering and Rudy should be arrested and prosecuted for it.

This is what he says in public. Imagine what they are doing in private, what with their blocked numbers and hackers...

Exactly. I wonder if Rudy knows anybody in the Russian mafia that might be serving in a New York prison from his years as a prosecutor and his many connections in that world?

I am betting its not a question of IF but HOW MANY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Reles

hqdefault.jpg

There is no real difference when the President of the USA labels Cohen as A RAT and then the attorney for the President of the USA publicly discusses what the Russian mafia in New York would do to Cohen if they came across him - and they most certainly will once Cohen goes to prison.

It is clear and obvious witness intimidation and tampering and Rudy should be arrested and prosecuted for it.

You are clearly letting your imagination run away with your brain again.

It’s like you live on another planet.

If one thinks Rudy should be arrested for this, should also support the arrests of Madonna for threatening to blow up the White House or Kathy for her threatening to kill the president with her decapitated doll and Snoop Dogg for his connections to crips threatening to beat up West.

Personally I don’t think any of them should be aressted becuase I don’t see any crime in their actions.

is he basically admitting Trump has ties to organized crime?

You are clearly letting your imagination run away with your brain again.

yeah - the idea that the Russian mafia would hit anybody branded as a RAT is pure fiction and never ever happens. :doh:roll:

After all, what did Micheal Cohen ever do to damage Russian interests?

In your mind perhaps

Old conservative trick: to say, but not quite say, something. Leave it to wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean? so they get away with saying the vile thing AND get to attack the liberals for supposedly lying about what you said.

People do it here all the time on a variety of subjects. The goal, naturally, is trolling. Trolling also appears to be a large part of Giuilani's political campaign to defend Trump by flinging **** at all nearby fans.

Old conservative trick: to say, but not quite say, something. Leave it to wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean? so they get away with saying the vile thing AND get to attack the liberals.

People do it here all the time on a variety of subjects. The goal, naturally, is trolling. Trolling also appears to be a large part of Giuilani's political defense campaign.

You're thinking of wise guys there.

Exactly. I wonder if Rudy knows anybody in the Russian mafia that might be serving in a New York prison from his years as a prosecutor and his many connections in that world?

I am betting its not a question of IF but HOW MANY.

Did you see Lara Trump said nothing nefarious was happening in Russia with Team Trump???? :doh

Direct Quote Fox News: "There was nothing nefarious as it relates to Trump Tower, to Russia, to any of these things."

LOL. You guys never cease to amaze me with your fantasy lives.

The dictionary is your friend.
It will explain that there's a vast difference between "wishing" and "warning."

True. But “warning” someone they might die if they testify sounds pretty freaking bad too. Like when a mobster tells you, “Be careful out there. It would be a shame if you had an unfortunate accident.” Hey, it was just a friendly warning. :)

Back
Top Bottom