• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Putin purposefully invade Ukraine under Biden's Admin due to his success under his vice presidency

Did Putin purposefully invade Ukraine under Biden Admin due to his success under his vice presidency

• Total voters

MikePrime

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This will be hard to digest for a lot of people on this sight and there will be a lot of nasty clap backs because they will know I am right and that will hurt their fragile sense of moral superiority.

It is no coincidence that Putin is invading the Ukraine under the Biden administration. Why wouldn't he? He did it in 2014 under Barack and Biden, so why not do it again? He already knows how Biden will react.

Biden had a large role in handing affairs in Ukraine and is notorious for bragging about with holding military support to Ukraine.

It has been very clear to Putin that at the end of the day Biden will not give much pushback in a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Say what you want about Trump but he is much more unpredictable than Biden and Putin recognizes that. To me there is no coincidence that Putin did not invade while Trump was president and chose to do so upon Biden's return. What y'all think?

I hope you all are proud for electing a man with clear amnesia to be the commander of the greatest army in human history and the leader of the world.

I am prepared for the nasty clap backs because y'all know there is some truth to this and that will hurt liberals fragile sense of moral superiority.

Say what you want about Trump but he is much more unpredictable than Biden and Putin recognizes that. To me there is no coincidence that Putin did not invade while Trump was president and chose to do so upon Biden's return.

It never ceases to amaze me how Trump supporters have just invented this idea that Putin was somehow fearful of Trump as if Russian forces were not active throughout Ukraine and elsewhere for the entire duration of the Trump Presidency.

It never ceases to amaze me how Trump supporters have just invented this idea that Putin was somehow fearful of Trump as if Russian forces were not active throughout Ukraine and elsewhere for the entire duration of the Trump Presidency.
Not a Trump supporter though.....
Yes the eastern regions have had separatist during Trump's administration, but when did military escalation happen? Most notably 2014-2016 and 2022, under Biden.

This will be hard to digest for a lot of people on this sight and there will be a lot of nasty clap backs because they will know I am right and that will hurt their fragile sense of moral superiority.

It is no coincidence that Putin is invading the Ukraine under the Biden administration. Why wouldn't he? He did it in 2014 under Barack and Biden, so why not do it again? He already knows how Biden will react.

Biden had a large role in handing affairs in Ukraine and is notorious for bragging about with holding military support to Ukraine.

It has been very clear to Putin that at the end of the day Biden will not give much pushback in a Russian invasion of Ukraine. Say what you want about Trump but he is much more unpredictable than Biden and Putin recognizes that. To me there is no coincidence that Putin did not invade while Trump was president and chose to do so upon Biden's return. What y'all think?

I hope you all are proud for electing a man with clear amnesia to be the commander of the greatest army in human history and the leader of the world.

I am prepared for the nasty clap backs because y'all know there is some truth to this and that will hurt liberals fragile sense of moral superiority.

You guys want this to be President Biden's fault sooooooo baaaad!!

It'd be funny if it wasn't so desperate and sad.

No wanting anything sooo bad. Just being rational, can you guys try that with me instead of trying to undermine rationality through assuming my mentality? Or is that to difficult to do with someone you disagree with?
Facts: Russian aggression in Ukraine has happened under Biden.

Yes the eastern regions have had separatist during Trump's administration, but when did military escalation happen? Most notably 2014-2016 and 2022, under Biden.

High intensity combat operations by Russian forces ceased after spring 2015 because the Russians had destroyed two Ukrainian offensives.

The reason for this recent escalation has to do with Ukrainian politics, not American; since 2020 President Zelensky actively worked to undermine Russian influence in Ukraine, culminating in the arrest of Viktor Medvedchuk in May 2021.

It also ignores the fact that American strategy in Ukraine has not changed under Obama, Trump, or Biden.

Fox News

No wanting anything sooo bad. Just being rational, can you guys try that with me instead of trying to undermine rationality through assuming my mentality? Or is that to difficult to do with someone you disagree with?
Facts: Russian aggression in Ukraine has happened under Biden.
The OP is manifestly not a rational thought. This precludes your "I'm just being rational" excuse.

High intensity combat operations by Russian forces ceased after spring 2015 because the Russians had destroyed two Ukrainian offensives.

The reason for this recent escalation has to do with Ukrainian politics, not American; since 2020 President Zelensky actively worked to undermine Russian influence in Ukraine, culminating in the arrest of Viktor Medvedchuk in May 2021.

It also ignores the fact that American strategy in Ukraine has not changed under Obama, Trump, or Biden.
Your last sentence is a fair point and true.
Though I still think that Putin thinks Trump is too unpredictable to launch as invasion during his administration. Just look at the way Trump acted with North Korea.

I would disagree hat it doesn't have to do with American politics obviously we are the main mediator and handler of foreign affairs no matter where it is.

Your last sentence is a fair point and true.
Though I still think that Putin thinks Trump is too unpredictable to launch as invasion during his administration.

Oh please. We know what Trump would have done. He would have tweeted about it, spouted off some crap based on whether or not it would earn him brownie points, then settle for the easiest option.

Trump's not an enigma.

Just look at the way Trump acted with North Korea.

Talked a lot, made it into a media fest, then accomplished nothing?

The OP is manifestly not a rational thought. This precludes your "I'm just being rational" excuse.
How is it not rational to put together that there is common denominator in Putin's military advances, Biden's presence.
Whether or not you agree how is that not a rational though, its not rooted in emotion.

I think Putin's just an ass, he didn't invade at this particular point in time just to "spite Biden" or whatever. He's just being Putin.

How is it not rational to put together that there is common denominator in Putin's military advances, Biden's presence.
Whether or not you agree how is that not a rational though, its not rooted in emotion.
Are you kidding? Emotion is all it's rooted in. Your dislike of Biden is an emotion.

It is his fault already .
He is the biggest clown ever to be called President . A man who cannot walk straight , pisses his pants publicly and rambles like the Dementia ridden OAP he truly is .

America is a laughing stock and Putin has run rings around this dopey individual .

Oh please. We know what Trump would have done. He would have tweeted about it, spouted off some crap based on whether or not it would earn him brownie points, then settle for the easiest option.

Trump's not an enigma.

Talked a lot, made it into a media fest, then accomplished nothing?
LOL this s funny to me because liberals used to tout that Trump was dangerous and "could push the button any moment". Liberals used to say that that is baffled them how we could elect such an unpredictable, aggressive guy.
But now that it doesn't suit your narrative its "oh he would of just tweeted".

So which is it, is he an aggressive, impulsive leader or a tweeting idiot who wouldn't care?

LOL this s funny to me because liberals used to tout that Trump was dangerous and "could push the button any moment". Liberals used to say that that is baffled them how we could elect such an unpredictable, aggressive guy.
But now that it doesn't suit your narrative its "oh he would of just tweeted".

I don't care what other people said.

So which is it, is he an aggressive, impulsive leader or a tweeting idiot who wouldn't care?

Those are not entirely mutually exclusive. Trump was absolutely an impulsive and narcisstic man, but that doesn't mean he was a psychopath that would have nuked Russia, a country which he has had extensive business dealings with and is a personal fan of their leadership.

Are you kidding? Emotion is all it's rooted in. Your dislike of Biden is an emotion.
Please explain how that isn't use of rationality?

My dislike of Biden as president has nothing to with the correlation of those facts.

So according to you if you don't like Trump, you cant possibly make rational thought about him because you don't like him.

And as if Trump didn't publicly lick ass, saying for example that he trusted Putin over our intelligence.

He's trying to get Hunter another job in a country he's not from, doesn't speak the language, and has no experience in the industry of the company, but where he still can get a $1,000,000 a year! Because his Painting gig didn't work out too well...

1645661096355.png

Well it's 'good' to see your sense of moral superiority is large and in charge... :cautious:

More like Putin figures with the Nord Stream pipeline bypassing the Ukraine Europe will look the other way. So, what would tRump have done to stop the Invasion of the Ukraine???? Make a 'perfect' phone call??? :rolleyes:

tRump was very predictable- bluff and bluster, sign a weak tea document and declare war had been averted in Korea.... ✌️

It's difficult to imagine Putin being reluctant to invade Ukraine because we have a president who firmly and resolutely praises him.

I don't care what other people said.

Those are not entirely mutually exclusive. Trump was absolutely an impulsive and narcisstic man, but that doesn't mean he was a psychopath that would have nuked Russia, a country which he has had extensive business dealings with and is a personal fan of their leadership.
I don't believe an impulsive and narcissistic leader who ran on nationalism would allow Putin to do so without brash threats and displays of force.
Your view on their good relationship should also be further evidence that it wouldn't happen under Trump.

Also Trump wouldn't shut down the keystone pipeline which would decrease our dependency on Russia and increase our ability to dish out sanctions.

Please explain how that isn't use of rationality?

My dislike of Biden as president has nothing to with the correlation of those facts.

So according to you if you don't like Trump, you cant possibly make rational thought about him because you don't like him.
Oh, you're going to make his head explode with that observation in your last sentence...
+1
LOL !

I don't believe an impulsive and narcissistic leader who ran on nationalism would allow Putin to do so without brash threats and displays of force.
Your view on their good relationship should also be further evidence that it wouldn't happen under Trump.

These two statements are contradictory.

Trump's demeanor towards Putin was one of reverence and respect, yet you think he would stand up to Putin over it?

Tell me, what was Trump's actual response to Putin's latest move?

Putin didn't do anything about Ukraine when Trump was president despite the bogus claim by Trump derangement suffers of Trump being buddies with Putin. It was under Obama and Biden did Putin decided to do something about Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom