• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Prince OD?

Was he an Addict?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No..

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I think he probably was taking RX meds for hip pain but wasn't an addict. He was too publicly active and would've had more incidents occurring in the News.

Maybe... not enough information yet to even guess.

Is it really even the public's business?

People have a funny way of determining all on their own what is and is not their business when it comes to some celebrity.

People have a funny way of determining all on their own what is and is not their business when it comes to some celebrity.

Yes, they do. And they're not completely wrong for wondering about someone who made their living off their celebrity. I'll always remember 'Prince" as an artist that touched me in ways that few others did and influenced my growth as a young person in the 80's. His end is between him and his maker, not me and my opinion. His "life" is what I'll remember.

The interruption of the flight a few days ago and his hospitalization sure sounds drug OD related

I think he probably was taking RX meds for hip pain but wasn't an addict. He was too publicly active and would've had more incidents occurring in the News.

None of us know yet what caused his death but my guess is it was probably related to medication he may have been taking to combat the flu and unknown to him, adversely interacting with other medication he might have been taking or a beverage containing alcohol.

I haven't heard the results of the autopsy yet, so I don't know. I don't really see much point in speculating either.

lol...because 57 year old men who do not do drugs weigh 102 lbs. Get real.

lol...because 57 year old men who do not do drugs weigh 102 lbs. Get real.

They exist. We had a guy in my platoon in Basic Training like that. Most petite man I have ever seen. Fastest runner in the battalion also.

They exist. We had a guy in my platoon in Basic Training like that. Most petite man I have ever seen. Fastest runner in the battalion also.

Prince was 57 though. Most people, even really short ones, put on a little weight by then.

Maybe.

There were reports that someone claimed to have been a drug dealer who'd deliver $40,000 of Dilaudid and Fentanyl (a very strong and the strongest opiate painkiller, respectively) every 6 months, and that this went on for decades. But then, all kinds of BS crops up after something like this happens.

Who knows.

I doubt the numbers for the simple reason that even with an addict's tolerance, I don't see how he could perform while doing those amounts for that long. Consider the person I use as avatar; it worked for several years, but he just couldn't function after 1996 apart from a few chance recordings.

Maybe.

There were reports that someone claimed to have been a drug dealer who'd deliver $40,000 of Dilaudid and Fentanyl (a very strong and the strongest opiate painkiller, respectively) every 6 months, and that this went on for decades. But then, all kinds of BS crops up after something like this happens.

Who knows.

I doubt the numbers for the simple reason that even with an addict's tolerance, I don't see how he could perform while doing those amounts for that long. Consider the person I use as avatar; it worked for several years, but he just couldn't function after 1996 apart from a few chance recordings.

This is the thing with opiates, which I've got plenty of experience from with a herniated disc. After a couple years of even low dose usage, you quickly start to build a tolerance to the point, where you need more and more just not to feel sick. Once you hit that wall, you can barely function every couple hours without dosing. And even then, you're inebriated continuously.

Is it really even the public's business?

Prince was such a well-known public celebrity whom many say was most private; I think the public does have a right to know just what caused his premature death as many of his fans simply adored him and are left wanting. It is natural curiosity to want to know why one in his/her 50s die suddenly. It could be any number of things which caused his sudden demise, but many medical experts in TV interviews seem to speculate the cause to a drug overdose.

The interruption of the flight a few days ago and his hospitalization sure sounds drug OD related

I guess he just couldn't become sick from anything other than drugs? The world we live in these days!

Back
Top Bottom