• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Obama engage in voter suppression to win election by eliminating massive numbers of mailboxes?

Did Obama engage in voter suppression to win election by eliminating massive numbers of mailboxes?

• Total voters
“Nationally the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past five years,” an August 2016 report said. “Some customers have complained the Postal Service has gone too far and removed most collection boxes, except those at the Post Office. In addition, they have questioned whether any cost savings result from collection box removals.”
The same report revealed that in a 17-month period during Obama’s second term, hundreds of mailboxes were removed without following the appropriate process, as “322 out-of-service boxes were permanently removed from the street without Eastern Area approval or public notification to customers.”

USPS flashback: Obama administration removed thousands of mailboxes | Fox News

Pelosi, Schumer, and basically everyone on CNN, MSNBC, nearly all the rest of the media and in the press all agree the only reason post office boxes are removed is because the president is trying to suppress voting to steal the election.

Are they correct? Did Obama eliminate thousands and thousands of mailboxes to suppress voting like they claim is the only motive to eliminate public mailboxes?

No. He did it with the 5G towers built by Bill Gates who flew in on chemtrail powered airplanes. :mrgreen:

Were you better off in 2016 than in 2008? Most of America was.

Yes, as soon as Trump was elected, the stock market took a big jump because businesses were a lot more positive about the future than they were with Obama.

My IRAs keep looking better and better as the Trump Administration progressed.
It was the invisible killer that caused a stock market plunge. But now I am not far away from the February 2020 high water mark in my accounts.

“Nationally the number of collection boxes declined by more than 12,000 in the past five years,” an August 2016 report said. “Some customers have complained the Postal Service has gone too far and removed most collection boxes, except those at the Post Office. In addition, they have questioned whether any cost savings result from collection box removals.”
The same report revealed that in a 17-month period during Obama’s second term, hundreds of mailboxes were removed without following the appropriate process, as “322 out-of-service boxes were permanently removed from the street without Eastern Area approval or public notification to customers.”

Pelosi, Schumer, and basically everyone on CNN, MSNBC, nearly all the rest of the media and in the press all agree the only reason post office boxes are removed is because the president is trying to suppress voting to steal the election.

Are they correct? Did Obama eliminate thousands and thousands of mailboxes to suppress voting like they claim is the only motive to eliminate public mailboxes?

How many times did Obama declare the election illegitimate if he lost? trump has done that twice. Also would you ask your favorite news source, Faux, how many high-speed sorting machines Obama removed just prior to his reelection? trump and his criminal flunkie have removed hundreds - without explanation.

Thanks so much! Love these gas-lighting threads :roll:

I've posted this before, but here goes again:
There are more Democrats than Republicans
Republicans tend to vote in greater numbers than do Democrats.
Therefore, a low voter turnout tends to favor Republicans.

So, if we have to suffer through yet another four years of Trumpism, the Democrats who won't get off of their butts and vote are at least partly to blame.

Agreed. I like the way you cover your bases by admitting indifferent, lazy Dem voters could keep Trump the White House for another three years.
How can Republicans, who you say vote more than Democrats, have received more than 3 million votes less than Clinton in 2016?

Trump is the one who said that they will not be able to deliver mail-in ballots on time. Do I believe him? Well, after having read the other posts on this thread, no, I don't believe him. Lots of voters will believe him, but, as cpwill points out, those will mostly be the Trumpers who believe him and so who won't vote by mail. Maybe a lot of them won't vote at all. We can hope at least.

I think you are suggesting that we don't know who will vote more or vote less because of this nonsensical debate over a "USPS Crisis". I must be naive but here we are 80 days before the election and we have a postal crisis before any ballots have been sent out, much less returned. Where is this mythical crisis?

Another trademark joko poo-thowing, lie-filled, seditious, ugly, spittle-sprayed, hysterical, ranting PoS. Every time I think he can't debase himself further he proves me wrong.

I think you are suggesting that we don't know who will vote more or vote less because of this nonsensical debate over a "USPS Crisis". I must be naive but here we are 80 days before the election and we have a postal crisis before any ballots have been sent out, much less returned. Where is this mythical crisis?

You'll never find unless you part ways with Dirtbag's Cult.

You'll never find unless you part ways with Dirtbag's Cult.

You obviously don't like pointed questions.
Unless a poster agrees with how much you dislike Trump,, his/her questions do not warrant an answer.
You sound like a Liberal who went to a college where they celebrate a cancel culture where you shout down anyone whose ideas are different from yours.
SO now it is 'cultish' to ask questions about a narrative before that narrative even comes close to passing.

Yes, as soon as Trump was elected, the stock market took a big jump because businesses were a lot more positive about the future than they were with Obama.

It was the invisible killer that caused a stock market plunge. But now I am not far away from the February 2020 high water mark in my accounts.

except you failed to mention your IRAs were growing respectably under Obama as well. Congrats on your investment strategy it seems geared to long term growth.

except you failed to mention your IRAs were growing respectably under Obama as well. Congrats on your investment strategy it seems geared to long term growth.

Why, thank you. It helps to have a financial advisor who keeps me from doing something dumb.
Like going to all cash because of the pandemic starting in March 2020.

Why, thank you. It helps to have a financial advisor who keeps me from doing something dumb.
Like going to all cash because of the pandemic starting in March 2020.

regrettably one of mine didn't. Or at least I didn't listen to him, does that count?

There was no sudden jump in the stock market or any other economic indicator when Trump was elected. The economy grew steadily from 2009 until the pandemic hit regardless of who occupied the White House.

Agreed. I like the way you cover your bases by admitting indifferent, lazy Dem voters could keep Trump the White House for another three years.
How can Republicans, who you say vote more than Democrats, have received more than 3 million votes less than Clinton in 2016?

Because there are a lot more Democrats, and there was a high voter turn out in 2016. It's not rocket science.

Or, maybe Trump is right: the 3 million votes were from illegals. Sure, that must be it.

Trump believes that there will be a higher voter turnout if we have mail in voting. He actually had me believing him for a while. Now, I'm not sure who to believe.

You obviously don't like pointed questions.

You're trying to play above your vocabulary level and it shows. Your question wasn't "pointed" whatever that is. It was a clumsy version of the "begging the question" (or petitio principii) fallacy. It's a loser's gambit since it tells us you have no valid way to dispute the obvious attempt that your Dirtbag is trying to steal the upcoming election.

Posted this link, that surely proved he did interfere with our elections, this morning on my recent thread in Breaking News.... So far :crickets:

Where was the Democrats' outrage then? Did I mention crickets, crickets, crickets?

Where was the outrage from the Democrats when Obama made "alleged" necessary reforms in his fiscal budgets in order to produce efficiency in our USPS?

The removal of collection boxes is nothing new. Note the date of this article linked below; September 2016 Who was the president then? How dare Obama interfere with our 2016 elections in an effort to save his legacy! ;)

Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone? | USPS Office of Inspector General

Looks like Obama interfered in the election by having the postal dept remove mailboxes. I know if that was by Trump's doing the democrats would go nuts with the suppression of voter claims. What to know where the lies come from? Turn you head to the left.

There was no sudden jump in the stock market or any other economic indicator when Trump was elected. The economy grew steadily from 2009 until the pandemic hit regardless of who occupied the White House.

Notice I'm not disagreeing with you.

You're trying to play above your vocabulary level and it shows. Your question wasn't "pointed" whatever that is. It was a clumsy version of the "begging the question" (or petitio principii) fallacy. It's a loser's gambit since it tells us you have no valid way to dispute the obvious attempt that your Dirtbag is trying to steal the upcoming election.

Now you're trying to prove a negative.
As in "prove to me that Trump is not trying to steal the upcoming election".

Wow, 12,000. And we have evidence that the USPS is removing how many mailboxes now?

Looks like Obama interfered in the election by having the postal dept remove mailboxes. I know if that was by Trump's doing the democrats would go nuts with the suppression of voter claims. What to know where the lies come from? Turn you head to the left.

Is this some new and beyond-bizarre lie being propagated. While the rightwing in this country may not be familiar with facts, when it comes to inventing lies they are non pareil.

Now you're trying to prove a negative.
As in "prove to me that Trump is not trying to steal the upcoming election".

Where did I ask you to prove that? In any case, I wouldn't need to ask that question since we have plenty of positive proof that's exactly what he's doing.

Funny, I don't see an actual timeline.

Just that a bunch of mailboxes were removed over a five year period.

Without that, it's just a propaganda piece.

Designed to make sudden changes by a trump appointee AFTER it became clear that many would turn to mail in voting seem like business as usual.

Posted this link, that surely proved he did interfere with our elections, this morning on my recent thread in Breaking News.... So far :crickets:

Where was the Democrats' outrage then? Did I mention crickets, crickets, crickets?

Where was the outrage from the Democrats when Obama made "alleged" necessary reforms in his fiscal budgets in order to produce efficiency in our USPS?

The removal of collection boxes is nothing new. Note the date of this article linked below; September 2016 Who was the president then? How dare Obama interfere with our 2016 elections in an effort to save his legacy! ;)

Where Have All the Collection Boxes Gone? | USPS Office of Inspector General

So Obama was much more clever?

Was there an expected massive increase in voting by mail five years in the future that Obama was trying to thwart?

You do realize that for your narrative to be relevant that a time machine would he required, as most of your favorite conspiracies do, right?

Back
Top Bottom