• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Obama engage in voter suppression to win election by eliminating massive numbers of mailboxes?

Did Obama engage in voter suppression to win election by eliminating massive numbers of mailboxes?

• Total voters
Now do sorting machines.

Every damn fool thing Trump does, his sycophants want to claim Obama did it.
Obama governed. Let's see Trump do that.

The same thing happened under Obama. Are you willing to call Obama out for vote suppression?

Obama governed. Where is his legacy? Obamacare? What did he do other than stoke racial fears for 8 years?
Oh, I forgot. He was a proponent of gay marriage - after he wasn't. Now that will really improve our way of life.

Right, and Obama tried to eliminate vote by mail by refusing to fund the post office to the point it could actually deliver ballots on time. He did this because vote by mail would make it more difficult for him to win the election.

However, in this parallel universe, that didn't happen.

You wrote: (you are saying Trump) tried to eliminate vote by mail by refusing to fund the post office to the point it could actually deliver ballots on time.

You are espousing that narrative that if Trump does not give $25 billion to the USPS right away, then they will not be able to deliver mail-in ballots on time. You know this for a fact because you are a Trump hater.
Trump proposes $10 billion to the USPS. Why would that not be enough? Because Pelosi says so?
And if mail volume has gone down considerably because of e-mail then why is $25 billion needed? For what?
You don't know about the issue to even make a good argument against the Trump Administration.
It is all up to the state election officials to get mail-in ballots out there so voters can get them in on time to be counted.
And how would you even know if the increased mail-in ballots will be an advantage or disadvantage to either party?
Because Trump said so? Do you believe what Trump says after calling him a liar for four years?

He is certainly trying. Whether or not it will work, it is evident he is trying. Appointing a post master who is deeply in Camp Trump, who immediately cuts hours and backs up the mail shortly before an election that Trump says he does not want mail in voting. That is not all a coincidence. It isn't a conspiracy when it is blatantly happening.

No, it isn't a conspiracy. Cutting overtime and allowing greater flex as postal service use falls, to reduce expenditures is a wise move for an organization in financial trouble. Some of the shifts the guy has made have been part of the plan since the Obama administration - who, i think, we can safely say is not part of the Great Illuminati Secret Super Duper Russian Templar Grand Conspiracy To Reelect The Donald.

...Given that the postal service delivers almost 3 billion pieces of mail a week, it is going to be able to handle any surge in mail-in voting, a proverbial drop in the bucket. What the postal service warned of last week is that some states have deadlines for mail-balloting that are too close to Election Day to allow a cushion for a reliable delivery, an admonition meant to ensure that mail-in voting works as intended.

That said, it’s not as though the postal service is in robust condition. It was struggling from decreased mail volume even prior to the onset of the COVID crisis, which made its condition even more precarious. There were delays in mail-in balloting in the primaries before DeJoy showed up in June. (DeJoy is a Trump donor, but he had success with shipping and logistics in his business career and was unanimously approved by the postal service Board of Governors.) The changes that have drawn such fevered criticism are all commonsensical...

Trump is an idiot who has no idea what he's doing, and isn't interested in learning. But Tribalism makes us stupid, and the prevalence of conspiracy theories in American politics today highlights that sad fact.

Agreed that he doesn't know what he's talking about, but once he has said that the post office can't deliver ballots on time, whether that is true or not, enough people will believe it to discourage mail in ballots. Not wanting to stand in line to vote and risk possible infection while doing so will discourage people from voting at all. A lower voting turnout will make a Trump victory more likely.

Please clarify what you just wrote;
"A lower voting turnout will make a Trump victory more likely. "

How does that affect one party more than another party?
Aren't voters from both parties affected by your apocalyptic prediction?
What am I missing from your cryptic statement?

The facts do not matter. The idiot leftists strings have been pulled...and they will dance.

He is certainly trying. Whether or not it will work, it is evident he is trying. Appointing a post master who is deeply in Camp Trump, who immediately cuts hours and backs up the mail shortly before an election that Trump says he does not want mail in voting. That is not all a coincidence. It isn't a conspiracy when it is blatantly happening.

How is one party affected more than another?
Won't voters from both parties be frightened of mail-in voting?
How does it benefit Trump?

Wait a minute...I remember Obama and his surrogates blaming Bush for everything that went wrong during the Obama administration. Short memory have you?

No, it isn't a conspiracy. Cutting overtime and allowing greater flex as postal service use falls, to reduce expenditures is a wise move for an organization in financial trouble. Some of the shifts the guy has made have been part of the plan since the Obama administration - who, i think, we can safely say is not part of the Great Illuminati Secret Super Duper Russian Templar Grand Conspiracy To Reelect The Donald.

...Given that the postal service delivers almost 3 billion pieces of mail a week, it is going to be able to handle any surge in mail-in voting, a proverbial drop in the bucket. What the postal service warned of last week is that some states have deadlines for mail-balloting that are too close to Election Day to allow a cushion for a reliable delivery, an admonition meant to ensure that mail-in voting works as intended.

That said, it’s not as though the postal service is in robust condition. It was struggling from decreased mail volume even prior to the onset of the COVID crisis, which made its condition even more precarious. There were delays in mail-in balloting in the primaries before DeJoy showed up in June. (DeJoy is a Trump donor, but he had success with shipping and logistics in his business career and was unanimously approved by the postal service Board of Governors.) The changes that have drawn such fevered criticism are all commonsensical...

Trump is an idiot who has no idea what he's doing, and isn't interested in learning. But Tribalism makes us stupid, and the prevalence of conspiracy theories in American politics today highlights that sad fact.

Part of the reason that a surge has been handled (and not always well) is because postal workers work a lot of OT during those surges. Eliminating that OT right before a surge is pretty transparent. It isn't a proverbial drop in the bucket when you see a surge coming and cut hours. That is orchestrating failure.

Part of the reason that a surge has been handled (and not always well) is because postal workers work a lot of OT during those surges. Eliminating that OT right before a surge is pretty transparent. It isn't a proverbial drop in the bucket when you see a surge coming and cut hours. That is orchestrating failure.

You know so much about what you don't know to be true.
It's a good thing this thread also accommodates un-substantiated opinions.
Eliminating OT is going to result in failure. Is there any evidence whatsoever to support your dire prediction?
I know, it is your common sense just working overtime - and not getting paid for it.

You know so much about what you don't know to be true.
It's a good thing this thread also accommodates un-substantiated opinions.
Eliminating OT is going to result in failure. Is there any evidence whatsoever to support your dire prediction?
I know, it is your common sense just working overtime - and not getting paid for it.

Yea, it is crazy to think that reducing hours would reduce output. Clearly these workers can do the same work in 40 hours that they do in 60. :roll:

Yea, it is crazy to think that reducing hours would reduce output. Clearly these workers can do the same work in 40 hours that they do in 60. :roll:

You don't know how much or how many hours will be reduced if overtime is cut back.
And who knows if postal workers sitting around in their trucks can be more effective at 40 hours without overtime?
You're just going along with the narrative simply to condemn Trump.
Let's wait until they interrogate DeJoy this Friday and see if we can't present logical arguments instead of just hearsay coming from Pelosi's talking points.
Somehow we need to separate the wheat from the chaff and get away from Trump-hating hyperbole which does no good for furthering an intelligent conversation.

You don't know how much or how many hours will be reduced if overtime is cut back.
And who knows if postal workers sitting around in their trucks can be more effective at 40 hours without overtime?
You're just going along with the narrative simply to condemn Trump.
Let's wait until they interrogate DeJoy this Friday and see if we can't present logical arguments instead of just hearsay coming from Pelosi's talking points.
Somehow we need to separate the wheat from the chaff and get away from Trump-hating hyperbole which does no good for furthering an intelligent conversation.

So you think they are sitting in trucks doing nothing with OT? Thats a pretty ****ty view of the American postal workers. You people just hate who you are told to hate don't ya?

So you think they are sitting in trucks doing nothing with OT? Thats a pretty ****ty view of the American postal workers. You people just hate who you are told to hate don't ya?

I watch the guy/lady sit in the mail truck in front of our home.
They take their sweet time. Postal workers are like any other government workers. They will do enough to fill in their days.
Why they need OT to finish their work is a mystery in itself.
They lose billions each year while the mail load goes down due to email and UPS and FedEx.
And yet taxpayers like you are bemoaning the loss of OT because it fits into your narrative of a Trump conspiracy.
And Pelosi is demanding $25 billion as part of a relief fund which has nothing to do with the pandemic.

I watch the guy/lady sit in the mail truck in front of our home.
They take their sweet time. Postal workers are like any other government workers. They will do enough to fill in their days.
Why they need OT to finish their work is a mystery in itself.
They lose billions each year while the mail load goes down due to email and UPS and FedEx.
And yet taxpayers like you are bemoaning the loss of OT because it fits into your narrative of a Trump conspiracy.
And Pelosi is demanding $25 billion as part of a relief fund which has nothing to do with the pandemic.

That is such a pathetic narrative.

Yes, but, ironically, it will depress the vote mostly among people who still pay attention to and trust what he says :lol: A lower voting turnout as a result of his statements may not be so helpful to his campaign as you think ;)

OMG! I hadn't thought of that. I hope you're right.

Obama governed. Where is his legacy? Obamacare? What did he do other than stoke racial fears for 8 years?
Oh, I forgot. He was a proponent of gay marriage - after he wasn't. Now that will really improve our way of life.

Were you better off in 2016 than in 2008? Most of America was.

You wrote: (you are saying Trump) tried to eliminate vote by mail by refusing to fund the post office to the point it could actually deliver ballots on time.

You are espousing that narrative that if Trump does not give $25 billion to the USPS right away, then they will not be able to deliver mail-in ballots on time. You know this for a fact because you are a Trump hater.
Trump proposes $10 billion to the USPS. Why would that not be enough? Because Pelosi says so?
And if mail volume has gone down considerably because of e-mail then why is $25 billion needed? For what?
You don't know about the issue to even make a good argument against the Trump Administration.
It is all up to the state election officials to get mail-in ballots out there so voters can get them in on time to be counted.
And how would you even know if the increased mail-in ballots will be an advantage or disadvantage to either party?
Because Trump said so? Do you believe what Trump says after calling him a liar for four years?

Trump is the one who said that they will not be able to deliver mail-in ballots on time. Do I believe him? Well, after having read the other posts on this thread, no, I don't believe him. Lots of voters will believe him, but, as cpwill points out, those will mostly be the Trumpers who believe him and so who won't vote by mail. Maybe a lot of them won't vote at all. We can hope at least.

The pathetic Trump corruption excuse threads are fun. It is great to watch people attempt to justify supporting an anti American, racist, democracy hating, sex offending moron.

His most ardent defenders often share many of those same qualities with him.

Please clarify what you just wrote;
"A lower voting turnout will make a Trump victory more likely. "

How does that affect one party more than another party?
Aren't voters from both parties affected by your apocalyptic prediction?
What am I missing from your cryptic statement?

I've posted this before, but here goes again:
There are more Democrats than Republicans
Republicans tend to vote in greater numbers than do Democrats.
Therefore, a low voter turnout tends to favor Republicans.

So, if we have to suffer through yet another four years of Trumpism, the Democrats who won't get off of their butts and vote are at least partly to blame.

Wait a minute...I remember Obama and his surrogates blaming Bush for everything that went wrong during the Obama administration. Short memory have you?

Not for everything, just for the unnecessary war in Iraq and the results thereof.

That is such a pathetic narrative.

If all you are going to do is poo-poo what someone writes, then:
Perhaps you should observe your own rule.

I reply to almost every post. If I don't reply it is because our conversation reached a conclusion or because you are on ignore and I don't consider you worth talking to.

Back
Top Bottom