• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did MLK Deny the Trinity?

WarmPotato

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
He denies the trinity. Denies the divinity of Christ. Claims that we are the one who "chose" Jesus to be the Christ. Claims the resurrection and immortality are akin to "magic" and that Christianity only exists due to pagan influences. I only 5 documents, he exposes himself as blatantly anti-christian. As someone who used the christian community as a vehicle for his politics.

Martin Luther King Jr was a great civil rights leader, the greatest of all time. But idol worship is not the christian way. MLK was not a true christian. MLK was sadly, holding to false beliefs contary to scripture. For that, I pity him.

He denies the trinity. Denies the divinity of Christ. Claims that we are the one who "chose" Jesus to be the Christ. Claims the resurrection and immortality are akin to "magic" and that Christianity only exists due to pagan influences. I only 5 documents, he exposes himself as blatantly anti-christian. As someone who used the christian community as a vehicle for his politics.

Martin Luther King Jr was a great civil rights leader, the greatest of all time. But idol worship is not the christian way. MLK was not a true christian. MLK was sadly, holding to false beliefs contary to scripture. For that, I pity him.

Does he post here?

From what I have read, Martin Luther King Jr. was not a literalist--more specifically, he did not believe, say, that Eve was actually created out of the rib of Adam; or that Jonah was actually swallowed by a "great fish," and then regurgitated, alive--but he was a Christian. (In fact, he said that he was only secondarily a civil-rights leader; but that he was primarily a Christian minister.)

I am not aware of his denying the Trinity. Or the divinity of Christ.

interesting post

thank you

Why would anyone remotely care what MLK's religious beliefs were, especially now?

MLK was a Communist subversive. It's not surprising that he's also an heretic.

Why would anyone remotely care what MLK's religious beliefs were, especially now?
Something to do with the sub forum you're in?
I am not aware of his denying the Trinity. Or the divinity of Christ.
If he had denied the trinity (and it is only sensible to deny the trinity), you would think Lutheran Christians denied it too, but they do not.

This is the Beliefs and Skepticism forum, not the "MLK Forum".
Wrong, this is the theology forum...big difference...

MLK was a Communist subversive. It's not surprising that he's also an heretic.
Phew, I thought there was one Christian I respected, which was confusing, but now you clarify that ... not so much. Love the Halloween costume in your pic, very scary.

Back
Top Bottom