• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did God make Jesus's mother Mary a whore?

Virgin birth was common? Who woulda thunk that?

And Mary's words were invented, creatively tweaked and edited and re-edited for hundreds of years--right up to about 325 C.E. when they were finalized into a somewhat finished document.

Well, that's the STORY from 60 years later. Also, Mary not 'knowing' Josesph was from 60 years later. Chances are.. it's just the normal response of two people who recently got married.

She was only 14 years old, so there's definitely statutory rape involved.......but who gets credit for busting through that hymen????

God? Joe? Jesus himself?

Many girls were married off at 14...

And treated like property.

And stoned if they got raped.

I guess that God was crazy.

Wasnt the best time for most women... the 7,000 years prior to the 20th century.

Wasnt the best time for most women... the 7,000 years prior to the 20th century.

Did you forget?

That crazy god of the Jews made those crazy, hateful rules that devastated women.

Thus the god must have been crazy.

Did you forget?

That crazy god of the Jews made those crazy, hateful rules that devastated women.

Thus the god must have been crazy.

Or crazy people invented a non-existent entity out of fear of the unknown.

Or crazy people invented a non-existent entity out of fear of the unknown.

In the beginning, God created man in his own image.

Almost immediately, man created God in his own image.

Woman?......She just tried to roll with the punches.

Was Jesus's mother Mary a whore? Why is his dad fine with Mary sleeping with God? I understand it wasn't literal sex but God impregnated Mary so morally it is the same thing.

You're confusing Mary with The Great Whore in Revelation, which is the Catholicism that worships Mary.

This is a very sad thread.
There's many who do not get G-d and his ways. Why? Because they are empty vessels? Is their study time of such things so minute yet find themselves experts to speak? That to me sounds like a bunch of fools.

Was Jesus's mother Mary a whore? Why is his dad fine with Mary sleeping with God? I understand it wasn't literal sex but God impregnated Mary so morally it is the same thing.

a whore trades sex for money so marry would be more akin to a rape victim in this story

There's many who do not get G-d and his ways. Why? Because they are empty vessels? Is their study time of such things so minute yet find themselves experts to speak? That to me sounds like a bunch of fools.

are you so difrent?

Study what? The Bible? The Bible says God is true so God is true?

It's far more likely that Mary just cheated and come up with a bull**** excuse to explain the pregnancy.

Hey Vesper *hug*

You're too good for this thread.

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
(Matthew 7:6)

No, God didn't pay Mary, so she's not a prostitute. He got that piece of ass for free.

If anything, she's either a slut or a rape victim, depending on whether she was willing or not.

Usually the argument from the Bible-bashers is that God raped the Virgin Mary. They, like you, don't care that it was a spiritual union, and not of the flesh.

However, we do find the following in the Luke chapter 1:

But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Mary gave permission to be the mother of the Son of God.

Amazing how many will bite at even the most minute morsel of bait. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom