• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did Giuliani actually just say this?

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
On CNN, Trump's lawyer defended Trump's threat to investigate Cohen's father-in-law. This would be in retaliation for Cohen testifying and implicating Trump in abetting perjury before congress.

I'm thinking that sounds a lot like witness tampering, but that's just me.

I need some Trump supporters to help me understand why when the president of the U.S. tells a witness in a congressional investigation that he will have a family member investigated as a tit-for-tat, that is perfectly acceptable behavior.

On CNN, Trump's lawyer defended Trump's threat to investigate Cohen's father-in-law. This would be in retaliation for Cohen testifying and implicating Trump in abetting perjury before congress.

I need some Trump supporters to help me understand why when the president of the U.S. tells a witness in a congressional investigation that he will have a family member investigated as a tit-for-tat, that is perfectly acceptable behavior.

Cuz TRUMP! MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(We're TERRIFIED conservacucks and we need big orange Daddy!)

That's all the reason they need for justifying ANYTHING!:roll:

Um... is that not the most egregious form of witness intimidation one could hope to commit?

Um... is that not the most egregious form of witness intimidation one could hope to commit?

Mueller threatened to go after Flynn's son, to put pressure on Flynn. That's no different.

Well, there is no evidence that Trump has put a contract out on Cohen, so there's that. :lol:

But if Cohen were to meet his demise in an unfortunate industrial accident, well, that would be a shame.

The reason you don't understand what Rudy is saying is because you, like many Trump haters, think that Trump is threatening Cohen's father-in-law. Trump can't make any decisions on whether to investigate the father-in-law or not. That is something the DOJ or a State AG would decide to do or not.

So...for that reason, there is no witness tampering and no obstruction of justice.

Mueller threatened to go after Flynn's son, to put pressure on Flynn. That's no different.

Flynn’s son was the chief of staff at the Flynn Intel Group.

So he wasn’t some innocent bystander in the whole National Security Advisor secretly working for Turkey-gate.

So he wasn’t some innocent bystander in the whole National Security Advisor secretly working for Turkey-gate.

Please don't confuse apdst with facts.

Mr. Cohen's father in law was named in the warrants used when Cohen's office was raided lasted year. Apparently the guy is involved with Chicago taxi medallions in some fashion. Income tax fraud involving taxi medallions is a crime to which Cohen has pled guilty.

I don't give a crap who, or what he is. Mueller used him to pressure Flynn.

It is indeed different. Going after flynn's kid is not obstruction of justice.

I don't give a crap who, or what he is. Mueller used him to pressure Flynn.

And? Flynn Jr escaped justice and before this is all over I think that we will see that Flynn is getting off light.

Secretly working for a foreign government while serving as National Security Advisor used to be considered a bad thing in this country.

Back
Top Bottom