• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did anyone received money in your bank account?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone received about $3000.00+?
I just want to now what is it for?

I sent it to you! Don't you remember?

You asked me if I could lend you $6,000, but just give you $3,000 of it. That way, I'd owe you $3,000, you'd owe me $3,000, and we'd be even.

Don't you remember that?

I sent it to you! Don't you remember?

You asked me if I could lend you $6,000, but just give you $3,000 of it. That way, I'd owe you $3,000, you'd owe me $3,000, and we'd be even.

Don't you remember that?

Well - I'm asking Canadians here because both hubby and I - each of us had received that amount on our separate account.
However - there's no explanation about them.
I'm assuming they came from the government. We ruled out tax returns.

Recently, both Ontario and Federal government have been doing a spate of announcements, but I have not paid any attention - so, I'm thinking that there might have been something said about this.

Recently, both Ontario and Federal government have been doing a spate of announcements, but I have not paid any attention - so, I'm thinking that there might have been something said about this.
What sort of banking system do you all have up there? The receiving bank can’t tell you the originator of a payment they received and credited to your account?

Nothing new in my account.

Well - I'm asking Canadians here because both hubby and I - each of us had received that amount on our separate account.
However - there's no explanation about them.
I'm assuming they came from the government. We ruled out tax returns.
Have you been praying for money again?

Ontario and Federal government have been doing a spate of announcements, but I have not paid any attention
Here's a thought... spend less time posting ridiculous dribble here, and pay more attention to your local community, and perhaps you'll be better informed.

I didn't get anything but your bank certainly can tell you where it came from.....

Your statement doesn't show where the deposit is from?

Hubby found them thru online banking. I suppose we could check out at the bank.
Lol - it would really be a bummer if we spent them and found out it was a mistake, and we have to give them back! :)

I didn't get anything but your bank certainly can tell you where it came from.....

Btw, we're seniors - so it could be for seniors?

Hubby found them thru online banking. I suppose we could check out at the bank.
Lol - it would really be a bummer if we spent them and found out it was a mistake, and we have to give them back! :)

Change banks now. They'd have to send in a SWAT team to get a nickel back from me.

If you don't know where it came from it would probably be a good idea to find out before you spend it. Just saying....

So, that $3,000 Canadian would be $2,400 USD. Thanks.

The sum for both came to almost $7,000 CAD. It might be tax returns from previous years - a lot of complication with the pandemic and lock-down benefit - who knows!
But they usually send notice by mail. maybe, they're just late with the notice.
We'll see.

The sum for both came to almost $7,000 CAD. It might be tax returns from previous years - a lot of complication with the pandemic and lock-down benefit - who knows!
But they usually send notice by mail. maybe, they're just late with the notice.
We'll see.

IMO, it is most likely YOUR money. But there's always exception. Although I'm doing my best to make fun of this, it's better than best to not turn it into mad money, or what, and wait until you have some kind of authoritative confirmation. Good luck.

IMO, it is most likely YOUR money. But there's always exception. Although I'm doing my best to make fun of this, it's better than best to not turn it into mad money, or what, and wait until you have some kind of authoritative confirmation. Good luck.

We're not planning to spend it anytime soon. It'll sit there for some time.....
Btw, someone mentioned about a "Liberal Friendship" payment that's part of pandemic package. Never heard of that.

We're not planning to spend it anytime soon. It'll sit there for some time.....
Btw, someone mentioned about a "Liberal Friendship" payment that's part of pandemic package. Never heard of that.

Those with lower incomes have gotten a fair chunk of stimulus money, anywhere from $2,600 USD and up depending on hshld, that will effectively be wiped out by the increased cost of everything like food and gas due to the pandemic and Russo-Ukrainian war. Nothing more than an offset that will be overcome by inflation due to as mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom